Josh Dobbs signs with Titans

Come on now. I love Dobbs too, but there’s a reason he’s been a career #3 QB with exception of with the Browns when Watson was out. You can hate on Tannehill all you want, but let’s be reasonable about this.

Dobbs has never been given a chance though. Now you can argue the fact no team has given him a shot proves he isn't good. But I would caution against that logic. We've seen countless examples of guys supposedly being not good enough at practice to not deserve a shot in games only to prove the coaches wrong once he's put into real game situations because of injury. Dobbs own time here at Tennessee was proof of that. We kept hearing how he sucked at practice and saw how it took all the QBs in front of him getting hurt for him to get his chance. And as they say "the rest is history".

Let's at least see Dobbs fail in actual games before burying him.

Dobbs has never been given a chance though. Now you can argue the fact no team has given him a shot proves he isn't good. But I would caution against that logic. We've seen countless examples of guys supposedly being not good enough at practice to not deserve a shot in games only to prove the coaches wrong once he's put into real game situations because of injury. Dobbs own time here at Tennessee was proof of that. We kept hearing how he sucked at practice and saw how it took all the QBs in front of him getting hurt for him to get his chance. And as they say "the rest is history".

So if he’s never been given a. Chance, why would you prefer him over Tannehill? Would you prefer every career 3rd stringer over Tannehill? Would you prefer Nathan Peterman over Tannehill?
I think Dobbs is a gamer. I think if he got a shot he’d go in there and make some things happen with his legs. I wouldn’t take him over Tannehill, not until he was given the chance to prove it in a regular season game. Tannehill isn’t so bad that I’d take any unproven guy over him just because.

Dobbs is better than Malik Willis now but won’t be given a shot at the #1 job. Signed purely as a backup. We’ve already seen what the Titans offense is with Willis - hand the ball off left to Henry. Next play, hand the ball off right. Incomplete pass, then Punt. The Titans are done.

Horrible decision . Right now Dobbs is the better QB . Willis is awful . He needs a min of 2 years before he should even be in the conversation as a starter
He panics to easy and you can see it in his face soon as the ball is snapped he may never get it but maybe he will .

Yall fools are crazy Tannehill ain't got no heart Yada yada.Man if it wasn't for that dude would have been complete dog sh*t.Dont give me that Henry bs either cause this offense was fine without him last year. I mean technically im still annoyed we ran his gimpy butt out there instead of Foreman!

Qb has and always will be the premiere position no matter what bs narrative some wann push.Tannehill has been getting murdered this year back there and is the tops in the league under pressure.Ill add that's with a bunch of bum ass wrs that wouldn't start for most teams.Was I absoutely pissed and done with RT after the Bengals game you bet beyond.

Im also not naive to the fact we made history with the amount of injuries we had 93 and this year were close again.Tannehill was that dude back there no matter the rb,wr or choppy oline.Vrabel is a good coach nut without RT this team doesn't win that 1 seed.
Tannehill healthy with longer than 2 sec to throw the ball is pretty dang good . Dobbs is better than Willis

Dobbs must be absolute dogsh*t with the Titans quite literally choosing a quadriplegic over him. Willis need to be taken out to pasture. That game was pathetic. Dude was responsible for roughly 100 yards of offense. Jesus, the PUNTER could have thrown/run for more yards than him.

Dobbs must be absolute dogsh*t with the Titans quite literally choosing a quadriplegic over him. Willis need to be taken out to pasture. That game was pathetic. Dude was responsible for roughly 100 yards of offense. Jesus, the PUNTER could have thrown/run for more yards than him.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

Yes he has. If he can't beat out Jacoby Brissett and Garner Minshew, and loses the #2 job to Mason Rudolph, then you have your answer. If you can't figure by now that the NFL sees Dobbs at best as a 3rd string/practice squad QB then I can't help you.

And if he wasn't Josh Dobbs you wouldn't give him the time of day.

Yea, Titans lose to a bad team at home. Should have put Dobbs in, couldn't have hurt. That interception Willis threw at the end and Henry's fumble on a drive to put the game away was all it took.

Reactions: feathersax

Dobbs isn't dog sh**. Coaches are known to make blunders. I think Brady rode the beach at first, while Drew Bledsoe played. Matt Cassell languished on the beech for four years. Clay Matthews wasn't awarded a scholarship for two years at USC after walking on. Green Bay drafted him in the first round. Dobbs sat while Worley and later Peterman played. He was finally on the field as a sort of last resort. It isn't necessarily the player, but coaches not realizing or seeing what they have on the team.

I'd take Dobbs over Tannehill any day of the week.

Lol... Drunk on the Orange Koolaid and shading in the Orange Glasses...... There is no one on earth that would take a career backup's backup over Tannehill who's in the top 5 of wins since the moment he became the starter 4 years ago.

Yes he has. If he can't beat out Jacoby Brissett and Garner Minshew, and loses the #2 job to Mason Rudolph, then you have your answer. If you can't figure by now that the NFL sees Dobbs at best as a 3rd string/practice squad QB then I can't help you.

And if he wasn't Josh Dobbs you wouldn't give him the time of day.

Exactly.... Do we think Dobbs would be just as good as Willis? Maybe since he has been in the league longer... However without being significantly better than Willis, you're still a crap QB.

Dobbs isn't dog sh**. Coaches are known to make blunders. I think Brady rode the beach at first, while Drew Bledsoe played. Matt Cassell languished on the beech for four years. Clay Matthews wasn't awarded a scholarship for two years at USC after walking on. Green Bay drafted him in the first round. Dobbs sat while Worley and later Peterman played. He was finally on the field as a sort of last resort. It isn't necessarily the player, but coaches not realizing or seeing what they have on the team.

So 5 coaching staffs have now made blunders with Dobbs? I highly doubt it. He's a 3rd string/practice squad level QB at this point.

Dobbs isn't dog sh**. Coaches are known to make blunders. I think Brady rode the beach at first, while Drew Bledsoe played. Matt Cassell languished on the bench for four years. Clay Matthews wasn't awarded a scholarship for two years at USC after walking on. Green Bay drafted him in the first round. Dobbs sat while Worley and later Peterman played. He was finally on the field as a sort of last resort. It isn't necessarily the player, but coaches not realizing or seeing what they have on the team.
Peterman got a half of football against Florida before injuring his thumb. This was in response to WORLEY not impressing at that point. Then AFTER Worley was out for the season the next year, Peterman got a shot with a start against Bama...about a quarter. That's all she wrote and Dobbs was the guy all the way. It's well known that Butch was trying to honor the preference of Dobbs family that he get a redshirt season to accommodate his development and academic regimen. Second guessing that is fair game but it wasn't a matter of PREFERENCE. Dobbs was Butch's guy from his hire til the end of Dobb's eligibility. Brady was a 6th round draft pick who needed some physical development and "rode the bench" that rookie season behind the long time franchise QB since he was the overall first pick of the draft years beforehand. Took one offseason for him to vault two experienced backups and become second string. More importantly, when presented with an opportunity, he ran away with it! Horrible performance against Buffalo didn't faze him and now you know who he is. Clay Matthews was a legacy from a legendary USC football family. He was also a 180 pound linebacker out of high school! He gets a scholarship at almost any other program but USC was loaded with 5 star gameready talent. Matt Cassell backed up a Heisman Trophy and two time NC winning QB in college and then...Brady. After he got his chance in KC, he was a decent starter but nothing special....not sure why he's an example.

l think how recently Dobbs got here might have been a factor. If Willis went down then that's that obviously but even as smart as Josh is maybe the thought was he wouldn't be ready to run the offense after getting signed 3 days ago.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Peterman got a half of football against Florida before injuring his thumb. This was in response to WORLEY not impressing at that point. Then AFTER Worley was out for the season the next year, Peterman got a shot with a start against Bama...about a quarter. That's all she wrote and Dobbs was the guy all the way. It's well known that Butch was trying to honor the preference of Dobbs family that he get a redshirt season to accommodate his development and academic regimen. Second guessing that is fair game but it wasn't a matter of PREFERENCE. Dobbs was Butch's guy from his hire til the end of Dobb's eligibility. Brady was a 6th round draft pick who needed some physical development and "rode the bench" that rookie season behind the long time franchise QB since he was the overall first pick of the draft years beforehand. Took one offseason for him to vault two experienced backups and become second string. More importantly, when presented with an opportunity, he ran away with it! Horrible performance against Buffalo didn't faze him and now you know who he is. Clay Matthews was a legacy from a legendary USC football family. He was also a 180 pound linebacker out of high school! He gets a scholarship at almost any other program but USC was loaded with 5 star gameready talent. Matt Cassell backed up a Heisman Trophy and two time NC winning QB in college and then...Brady. After he got his chance in KC, he was a decent starter but nothing special....not sure why he's an example.

I was about to say the same thing about Cassel. He didn't so much "languish" on the bench for years, it was he was a backup to one of the greatest of all time (who had 3 Super Bowl wins at that point). Not sure how that's a coaching "blunder" given nobody in the world would have ever given a second thought of giving him a shot over Brady. Yes he took his opportunity and made the most of it but he was kind of a 2 year wonder, 2008 and then 2010 in KC. Also Cassel won the #2 spot in NE his second year and kept it, then got his shot when he was 26. Dobb got the #2 spot his second year then lost it to Rudolph and that's the last time he's been a true #2.

Reactions: butchna
l think how recently Dobbs got here might have been a factor. If Willis went down then that's that obviously but even as smart as Josh is maybe the thought was he wouldn't be ready to run the offense after getting signed 3 days ago.

Dobbs was signed as an emergency backup, just like he was in Cleveland. The Titans likely have no intentions of ever actually playing him, even if Willis continues to be dog crap. Willis a rookie 3rd round pick they traded up for, they aren't going to bench him at this point and put in a guy who was just on the Lions' practice squad and hasn't seen any actual relevant NFL action since 2018.

VN Store

Back