Jordan Young commits to Vols

Does any body know:

Can the strength and conditioning coach write a prescription for speed work - stuff he can work on through track season and spring?

It is hard to know how up to date the training information he is working with - don't think anyone at that high school is getting paid the same as O'Brien. Can he go to the high school and share the latest speed techniques?

2% improvement by fall.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow.. I watched rhe whole video. This kid runs near perfect routs, makes adjustments on the ball when he needs to, very athletic! Shoot, he can even pooch punt! accelerates after the catch....I say BOOOOM !!

Reactions: 5 people
Does any body know:

Can the strength and conditioning coach write a prescription for speed work - stuff he can work on through track season and spring?

It is hard to know how up to date the training information he is working with - don't think anyone at that high school is getting paid the same as O'Brien. Can he go to the high school and share the latest speed techniques?

2% improvement by fall.

Like cocaine?

Looks like a great get. Doesn't have break-away speed but knows how to get open, high-point the ball, and get YAC! Go VOLS!

He was fast enough to run away from the dbacks.
His whole story is going to make him a fan favorite. I hope he tears it up this season.

Does this bring us up in the class rankings? Just curious.

I find the whole recruiting rankings class bizarre myself , other than the obvious top 2 or 3 classes, is there really any difference in being number 15 and being number 11 ?
Just curious

My son played against young' s team this year. I watched the game in person. Kid has talent. My son ..who is a QB... agreed that the kid is a burner. This is with experience against Tucker and Valdosta in the playoffs the past two years as points of reference.

Reactions: 2 people
My son played against young' s team this year. I watched the game in person. Kid has talent. My son ..who is a QB... agreed that the kid is a burner. This is with experience against Tucker and Valdosta in the playoffs the past two years as points of reference.

Did he play any defense against your son's team?

What year is your son?

I have a friend who's son had real talent but couldn't make the grades. He ended up going to a small college for as long as he wanted. Instead of it being free, he has to pay for it and not from a P5 school.

Last edited:
Where did this kid get his long stride runs? I donÂ’t think IÂ’ve ever seen someone taking long strides like that when he is running. In the film, he looks like he has long arms, and just goes and reaches for the ball with ease.

Yeah, I noticed that, as well. It seems that he was playing behind a couple of really great playmakers his jr year, but still scored some decent numbers. But look at the highlight tape of his sr year - this young man made some unbelievable catches... then absolutely ran away from the pack!

Kudos to Coach Pruitt and the staff for finding this guy and getting him on board! NSD can't come soon enough to get Jordan Young signed, sealed and delivered to the VOLS... GBO.

If anyone doesn't know why I'm excited, just watch Jordan Young's sr highlight tape!

:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Volnation as a whole needs to show this young man some love on social media.

Reactions: 2 people
Just saw his highlights. All I gotta say is WOW. He looks like Julio Jones when he was at Alabama.

Jordan Young = Julio Jones 2.0

He's a future NFL superstar.

Seems to get good separation for the most part, but he won't be playing against these DBs next year.

VN Store

Back