Jordan Young commits to Vols

Agreed. Which makes the fact it took this long for him to get a major FBS offer all the more mind-boggling.

How did nobody see his talent?

Apparently this senior season he had was just a breakout year for him, and I guess a lot of other talented receivers were around or in his area. SOMEHOW he flew under the radar

Agreed. Which makes the fact it took this long for him to get a major FBS offer all the more mind-boggling.

How did nobody see his talent?

It remains to be seen if he can run routes and get separation against elite DBs. His highlight video is just him running straight lines and taking advantage of slow, small DBs.

I'm going out on a limb here. I believe JG will prosper very well in the new pro-style offense! He has all the natural intangibles. Teaching the mental aspect isn't that difficult with a good QB coach and I believe CTH will do just that. I'm optimistic for a breakout junior year for JG! Get his mind right and we have a top caliber QB with multiple weapons at his disposal. Dominick wood-anderson was a godsend for our beloved football program, also. He reminds me of OJ Howard from Bama. They're around the same size and what I wouldn't do for a receiving tight end that can somewhat block as well! Sorry for the rant, I'm just starting to believe in the hype! I mean just look at all our potential star receivers including our incoming freshmen! Wow, It's Great To Be A Tennessee Vol!!! From my understanding, JJ is back, as well.

JG should realize that taking his game to the next level is going to take work. He made mental errors, like holding the ball too long. Sometimes he made bad decisions, but he also showed natural talent and command presence. He seemed to know what he was trying to do without getting intimidated. I think he has what it takes to be a great qb and TN might have the coaches who will get him there. I am afraid that OLine will be a weakness of the team, and we know what that means.

It remains to be seen if he can run routes and get separation against elite DBs. His highlight video is just him running straight lines and taking advantage of slow, small DBs.

Yep. We've seen this hype machine before. Like you, I think I'll hold off on anointing him the next Randy Moss until he does it against the big boys.

Reactions: 2 people
He's got talent undoubtedly. First glance, reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson how he strides down field and some of those great catches he makes over defenders almost effortlessly

IF he's just 20% of what CP had on The Hill, it will be huge. Have yet to see a player at Neyland since he was there bring the type of electricity CP had when the ball was sent in his direction. Evan Berry on kickoffs comes close but he was used in such a limited way he did not have what CP had. It's a BOLD statement to compare a kid to CP, hope you're correct.

IF he's just 20% of what CP had on The Hill, it will be huge. Have yet to see a player at Neyland since he was there bring the type of electricity CP had when the ball was sent in his direction. Evan Berry on kickoffs comes close but he was used in such a limited way he did not have what CP had. It's a BOLD statement to compare a kid to CP, hope you're correct.

If he can actually run routes, he’ll be a better RECEIVER than Patterson.

Reactions: 2 people
Just saw his highlights. All I gotta say is WOW. He looks like Julio Jones when he was at Alabama.

Jordan Young = Julio Jones 2.0

He's a future NFL superstar.

Andddd there's the jinx...Now he'll catch maybe 6 passes his entire career here and transfer to Kansas where nobody will ever hear from him again. :banghead2:

Yeah sorry but im not seeing the CP comparison. Not even close.

Can you imagine what that kid could actually do with a legit WR coach?! WoW! Hope we retain that commitment and see him get some work done in the next couple of years! GBO

VN Store

Back