Jordan Young commits to Vols

Dear God stop.

A few days ago, he didn't even know the young man existed.

However, sometimes it's easier not to feed the idiots and hope they move along as attention whores typically do. The more they get the attention they crave, the more they tend to stick around.

So UT was 18th before this guy signed on? Chances Pruitt can pull off a top 15 class?

So UT was 18th before this guy signed on? Chances Pruitt can pull off a top 15 class?

If he can land one or more of the talented DB's that are interested in us and pull a Walker or Copeland then chances are good so long as everybody we have committed now sticks.

Agreed.

Don't think we have seen near the best from Guarantano.

Canales had to be one of the worst hires Jones could have possibly made.

I would like to see one of the grad transfers from that other thread come on board though. Think Shrout could use a red shirt year.

Agree about Guarantano, he’s gonna do nothing but get better with legitimate coaching. He made some outstanding throws last year...his biggest issue, by far, was not getting the ball out/holding onto the ball too long and taking sacks....and I don’t think it was all on him.

He was trying to make plays from the pocket, even showed courage and poise to stand in there waiting for things to materialize downfield that never would/did. I’m convinced that with better qb coaching, and improved OL and a better Offensive scheme, that we’ll see a much improved JG.

And given that even with everything stacked up against him last year, he was still able to complete 62% of his passes and have good statistical success vs our SEC opponents, I think he’s gonna prove to be a very good SEC QB we can win with.

Reactions: 2 people
A few days ago, he didn't even know the young man existed.

However, sometimes it's easier not to feed the idiots and hope they move along as attention whores typically do. The more they get the attention they crave, the more they tend to stick around.

Neither did the rest of the world. Barton Simmons said if they had more time to evaluate him, he might have been a 5-star player. That is his potential.

Jordan Young looks special.

Closest thing I've seen to college version of Julio Jones.

Well..another career jinxed.

I remember y'all laughing last year as well when I said Alvin Kamara was Marshall Faulk 2.0. Now look at him? Loads of people are now saying Kamara is the next Marshall Faulk.

Watch out for Julio Jones comparisons to start flying once Jordan Young starts playing for Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember y'all laughing last year as well when I said Alvin Kamara was Marshall Faulk 2.0. Now look at him? Loads of people are now saying Kamara is the next Marshall Faulk.

Watch out for Julio Jones comparisons to start flying once Jordan Young starts playing for Tennessee.

Fling enough s!!t at the wall and some of it will stick.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree about Guarantano, he’s gonna do nothing but get better with legitimate coaching. He made some outstanding throws last year...his biggest issue, by far, was not getting the ball out/holding onto the ball too long and taking sacks....and I don’t think it was all on him.

He was trying to make plays from the pocket, even showed courage and poise to stand in there waiting for things to materialize downfield that never would/did. I’m convinced that with better qb coaching, and improved OL and a better Offensive scheme, that we’ll see a much improved JG.

And given that even with everything stacked up against him last year, he was still able to complete 62% of his passes and have good statistical success vs our SEC opponents, I think he’s gonna prove to be a very good SEC QB we can win with.

I still doubt. Not based on physical ability. UT hasn't had a QB with his physical ability in quite a while.

Two things that are critical to success have not been proven.

One, his attitude. When it didn't go his way, he sulked and was a bad teammate. When he became the starter, he ran off at the mouth and started making promises that he was nowhere close to being good enough to make happen. If ALL of what we saw from him in the GT game is not gone... then he's not the guy to lead UT to success.

Two is related. He had a physical advantage and sufficient time... and was so badly outworked by Dormady that Jones couldn't come up with an excuse to make him the starter until QD played poorly and got hurt... in whichever order that occurred. Once he became the starter, that lack of work manifested itself in the lack of trust the staff had in opening up the O with him.

Basically if he's ever to become an SEC caliber QB, he's got to grow up... and time is NOT on his side. If UT snags the kid for Wagner or if the CA kid is as natural as some claimed... JG pretty much has to become a man right now.

Reactions: 6 people

Does someone really have to remind you of all of the ridiculous stuff you said that did not come true?

Reactions: 3 people
I still doubt. Not based on physical ability. UT hasn't had a QB with his physical ability in quite a while.

Two things that are critical to success have not been proven.

One, his attitude. When it didn't go his way, he sulked and was a bad teammate. When he became the starter, he ran off at the mouth and started making promises that he was nowhere close to being good enough to make happen. If ALL of what we saw from him in the GT game is not gone... then he's not the guy to lead UT to success.

Two is related. He had a physical advantage and sufficient time... and was so badly outworked by Dormady that Jones couldn't come up with an excuse to make him the starter until QD played poorly and got hurt... in whichever order that occurred. Once he became the starter, that lack of work manifested itself in the lack of trust the staff had in opening up the O with him.

Basically if he's ever to become an SEC caliber QB, he's got to grow up... and time is NOT on his side. If UT snags the kid for Wagner or if the CA kid is as natural as some claimed... JG pretty much has to become a man right now.
Been saying this for awhile. I’m not sure how anyone looks at him like he’s definitely going to get better. What in his past makes you think he is a sure fire can’t miss qb?

Shows real promise..

One negative thought though. As in most of his end zone catches, he will not be going up against 5-8, 5-10 defense backs. Another thought that will not be his direct problem,,,, "now if we have a QB that can get the ball to him as well as his high school QB did". Maybe we need to look at this kid too....

Disagree, he does have breakaway speed. Looks like Josh Malone 2.0. High ceiling.

Really good speed, but did not look like break away to me. In many of his catches when the d back or backs got turn around (usually 4-5 behind him) they stayed stride with him. He did not "break away" as I define it; just stayed ahead. When he gets a little more "age" on his body, then we may see break away ability.

Hope he's good but we've been burned too many times by Butch finding a 'diamond in the rough' player - At least this one is a 4 star and not a 2 star.

Isn't it weird the kid went from unranked to top 200 Nationally that quickly. Grades got better??
Read an article referenced on here somewhere that said he played behind two 1200+ yard receivers last year, and did a lot of work over the summer. Also that grades weren't the best , but his test scores were good. Will try to find the article.Tennessee may have found diamond in the rough with WR Jordan Young

Last edited:
Just saw his highlights. All I gotta say is WOW. He looks like Julio Jones when he was at Alabama.

Jordan Young = Julio Jones 2.0

He's a future NFL superstar.

I feel better now! D4H has spoken! Where have you been? I've been missing you lately. Look forward to your opinion even though I rarely agree with or take what you say with a grain of salt. You sure stir things up. But I sure hope you are right, this time.

Does someone really have to remind you of all of the ridiculous stuff you said that did not come true?

Like Worley was going to be a good qb? Or like Dormady would be a better passer than Dobbs. He was going to throw the wrs open and fit it into tight windows right?

You are about as accurate as d4h. :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back