Jason Swain Speaks Out

One thing I have learned thru observation---the cops will be right---regardless. Therefore--don't run from them, and don't fight them. Cops can and do pretty much what they want in a confrontation. They can even justify obvious excessive force caught on video. Understanding this, I practice avoidance.

Avoidance is good I have 3 relatives at UT now. Jr, soph, frosh. No run ins no complaints with UTPD or KPD. Plenty of run ins with other students.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No you dont

Are u implying that I hav an issue w cops?

Never been close to being arrested, unless u count stalking a crime.

Okay truth be told I got arrested or public nudity, but I thought it was a no pants party and the cop was a total jerk.

Are u implying that I hav an issue w cops?

Never been close to being arrested, unless u count stalking a crime.

Okay truth be told I got arrested or public nudity, but I thought it was a no pants party and the cop was a total jerk.

Ha.
Not implying that. Just saying you don't know a lot of cops lie on the stand.

The cop was never in the bar. He wasn't drinking. That argument has been squashed with everything I have read. He was outside there talking with a bouncer buddy of his as the whole thing came outside. He hasn't and won't be linked to alcohol as far as I know and have read.

Also, where does it say anything that the off-duty cop pulled his piece. I either have yet to read it, or I just haven't seen it yet.

Wow, the off-duty cop was not linked to any alcohol imagine that i guess they all just go out for a stroll a 2:30AM when they get up to take a piss to see bouncer buddies. I'm with Jason Swain on this one and I've seen and know cops who abuse their power and even drink and drive religiously. But I guess if they got caught I'm sure they would never be linked to alcohol either.

Ha.
Not implying that. Just saying you don't know a lot of cops lie on the stand.
Posted via VolNation Mobile[/QJ

Just through talks w my pops. His opinion.

Little lies mostly, but lies nonetheless.

Police are good for giving tickets, drawing chalk out-lines, and talking on the phone while parked in parking lots.

I work in law enforcement and corrections & This police officer was attending the club himself, and was drininkig. HE should not have gotten involved because he made the situation from bad to worse. Those kids didn’t know he was a cop; some random guy comes up to you in plan clothes pushing you and cursing you and smells like alcohol! This police officer needs to drop these charges against them and if not he needs to be reprimanded for getting involved, and making a situation worse because he was at the club and was intoxicated!

I work in law enforcement and corrections & This police officer was attending the club himself, and was drininkig. HE should not have gotten involved because he made the situation from bad to worse. Those kids didnÂ’t know he was a cop; some random guy comes up to you in plan clothes pushing you and cursing you and smells like alcohol! This police officer needs to drop these charges against them and if not he needs to be reprimanded for getting involved, and making a situation worse because he was at the club and was intoxicated!
Provide proof of the above, or it's horsesh!+.

I like Jason swain, but I have to dissagree with him on this one. I bet alot of the time cops are very very leinant on the football players, because just like the rest of us the vast majority of cops are UT football fans. Its only when the crime is outrageous like robbing their weed-man and his boys for their cheeseburgers, or stomping a off duty cop's brains out do we hear about it.

FYP. Keep up.

And for about the 1000th time on these boards, the UTPD has a horrible reputation among the student population. Sitting outside of bars then arresting for PI, arresting residents in private residences for PI are two really common incidents that happened when I was there.

I was once followed with bright lights while walking from Cool Beans to Greve Hall during the summer... cop never said a word, just kept flashing his brights at me the whole way.

KPD is viewed pretty badly too, but that's got more to do with them never patrolling in The Fort, despite there being about a mugging a week of a UT student there.

I'm definitely not defending the actions of our players... but this point hits the nail on the head regarding UTPD/KPD. If you've happened to deal with any of Knoxville's finest who patrol the bars or fraternity houses... there is a serious amount of instigating taking place. They push until you say or do something that allows them to charge you. It's your classic case of a redneck on a power trip. I'm sure there are some great cops out there, but they are certainly not the ones who stand in front of the Regions bank and make comments to passing students on Saturday nights or the ones who come through fraternity parties arresting anyone with a cup in his/her hand.

This is the norm for the cops that patrol the strip. They have a vendetta against all UT students. Maybe it is because they weren't smart enough to go to college. Maybe it is because most cops are arrogant aggressive pricks.

Of course the police aren't perfect, but on the same hand, if players were actually trying to do the right thing and stay low key, this would not have happened, more than likely. Of course, there are idiots who aren't cops that start crap, like what happened yesterday morning. Our players should have used better judgment, and there is nothing anyone could say that could make me feel any different.

Yup takes a bigger man to walk away. These young men being raised up in a football environment their whole lives is what makes that not an option. It all starts with parenting if they are gonna have any chance. I'm glad Dooley realizes this and over the next few years it wont be an issue. I'm flippin 6'6 1/2 and 320 and walk away from fights not b/c im a puss but b/c it was what I was taught. I would hate to kill someone in a fight. After hearing stories of my pops thinking he killed a few guys after 1 punch(for taking up for someone i might add) hit home with me I guess.

So if the guy was drunk and pulled a gun, you don't think it's okay to kick the crap out of the guy?

I don't know what happened but I'm saying IF. If you don't think that's a form of self defense, I hope no one ever pulls a gun on you. You'll probably end up shot...
:p

No, its not ok....you do what you have to do to take the gun away and then you wait and let the police handle it. And from I`ve read some were kicking the guy when he was out cold on the ground which IMO makes those doing it nothing but a bunch of punks. I know some of the players were innocent but the others should pay for what they did.

From my understanding he was not undercover. He was just off-duty. On his own time. Off work. So it makes perfect sense that a young, single guy, who is off work, chooses to go hang out at a bar at 1 or 2 in the morning and ONLY chill outside, with no drink and only talk with a bouncer.

Of course the KPD is going to make their own look like an angel. All Police Depts, KPD included, will bend facts and manipulate reports to protect the "innocence" of their own.

I know an ex-cop in Athens Tennessee that would say you dont know what you are talking about.

And for the record, anyone who honestly believes you are going to disarm a guy who already has a gun out using your bare hands... well, good luck surviving the bullet.

You had better pray he, #1 isn't expecting it... #2 the gun actually has a hammer that you can interfere with... and #3 you've practiced it about 1000 times.

Only try and disarm someone with a gun if you are pretty damn sure he intends on using it.

You mean to tell me you think he was just "around" NO, he was AT THE BAR and was drinking. Dont be ignorant:crazy:

I thought one of the first things said when this all happened was that he goes there because the owners give him free drinks.

Its not hard to do the right thing. Don't drink, don't go to clubs and bars. Hang out with good people. What's so hard about that? There has to be an effort made to do wrong.

Yeah, blame the police. That's what my uncle would do every time my lying, thieving, blood sucking, dope dealing cousin got caught. He finally murdered his girl friend and thankfully is locked up for life. Police are not always right, but when they do their jobs, there are always some who blame them for everything. It's disgusting.

So if the guy was drunk and pulled a gun, you don't think it's okay to kick the crap out of the guy?

I don't know what happened but I'm saying IF. If you don't think that's a form of self defense, I hope no one ever pulls a gun on you. You'll probably end up shot...

Also, did Lebron leaving change your opinion of the Cavs? :p

I get it now:

They thought that the unconscious 135 lb cop lying in the middle of Cumberland was contemplating pulling a gun from some place so they continued to kick and stomp him just in case he came to and brandished a weapon.

Works for me !!

And for about the 1000th time on these boards, the UTPD has a horrible reputation among the student population. Sitting outside of bars then arresting for PI, arresting residents in private residences for PI are two really common incidents that happened when I was there.

I was once followed with bright lights while walking from Cool Beans to Greve Hall during the summer... cop never said a word, just kept flashing his brights at me the whole way.

KPD is viewed pretty badly too, but that's got more to do with them never patrolling in The Fort, despite there being about a mugging a week of a UT student there.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I completely agree with this. If either the UTPD or the KPD wanted to protect UT students and the community, they would clean up the fort and try to provide some semblance of safety to its occupants. Issuing underage citations to students having fun does not ensure the safety of the campus. Take a look at the cops at Vandy, UGA, or most other SEC schools... they deal w/ the important issues and let the kids have their fun. Our police forces seriously need to take another look at their priorities.

VN Store

Back