Jason Swain Speaks Out

I also don't understand why people are making it a big deal that he was "an off duty cop". An off duty cop at that point is a regular citizen and should be treated that way.

So, attempting to breaking up a fight, even if you are an off-duty cop that has been drinking, constitutes you as a prick of a cop?? That's the biggest jump to a conclusion I have ever seen, and I have made some of the biggest ones on the board, I'm not even going to lie about that.

Actually - you jumping to the conclusion that this copper is an angel who was completely in the right simply because he carries a badge is by far the biggest jump.

From what I've heard from eyewitness reports, this cop was being a punk and was in part an instigator. Atempting to break up a fight and being part of or the cause of a fight is two entirely different things.

Obviously there is something not right since the copper's statement through his brother conflicts with the KPD initial report which also conflict with the eyewitness reports from the bar.

Actually - you jumping to the conclusion that this copper is an angel who was completely in the right simply because he carries a badge is by far the biggest jump.

From what I've heard from eyewitness reports, this cop was being a punk and was in part an instigator. Atempting to break up a fight and being part of or the cause of a fight is two entirely different things.

Obviously there is something not right since the copper's statement through his brother conflicts with the KPD initial report which also conflict with the eyewitness reports from the bar.

Show me where I said this. I want an exact quote of me saying this, not a sentence you can try to spin to fit your statement. Exact words.

Show me where I said this. I want an exact quote of me saying this, not a sentence you can try to spin to fit your statement. Exact words.

If you are going to make demands then you should be first.

Please provide me an exact quote of me saying this, not a sentence you can try to spin to fit your statement. Exact words. Please:

So, attempting to breaking up a fight, even if you are an off-duty cop that has been drinking, constitutes you as a prick of a cop?? That's the biggest jump to a conclusion I have ever seen, and I have made some of the biggest ones on the board, I'm not even going to lie about that.

I will eagerly wait your response - hopefully with an exact quote, and not some sentence you can twist to fit your statement. Thanks!

The frustrating thing is that we will never really know what happened in Bar Knoxville that night. We wont know if the officer who got beaten down was acting as a bully or a hero. We wont know if the "unknown patron" slugged a player without provocation or if the football players just jumped him for no reason.

The consistencies in the different stories are these: The football players vastly outnumbered their opponents in the skirmish amounting to a mob beatdown. The football players were swinging bar stools. After the officer went down, several players continued to beat him without mercy.

The rest is just speculation, but what we do know is awful. Please stop with the "if the cop pulled a gun" or "if the cop had been drinking" arguments. I have not read or heard of a single witness say the officer pulled a gun, someone just made this up to try to rhetorically justify what happened. KPD will cover up any wrongdoing the officer did anyway, if he was at fault. It is all very frustrating.

People can fuss all they want but they shouldn't have been at the bar to begin with (players and cops). I've seen many posts saying that the bar was know for trouble. They even posted a youtube clip with a brawl going on outside a while back. The problem is a bunch of kids pretending to be NFL superstars going into a bar and ended up in an altercation with a cop that must have a Dirty Harry complex. I know some will get upset with the Dirty Harry name but according to all i've heard. The guy confronted a group of men ( that apparently was in a bad mood ) in civilian attire and didn't have backup.

The frustrating thing is that we will never really know what happened in Bar Knoxville that night. We wont know if the officer who got beaten down was acting as a bully or a hero. We wont know if the "unknown patron" slugged a player without provocation or if the football players just jumped him for no reason.

The consistencies in the different stories are these: The football players vastly outnumbered their opponents in the skirmish amounting to a mob beatdown. The football players were swinging bar stools. After the officer went down, several players continued to beat him without mercy.

The rest is just speculation, but what we do know is awful. Please stop with the "if the cop pulled a gun" or "if the cop had been drinking" arguments. I have not read or heard of a single witness say the officer pulled a gun, someone just made this up to try to rhetorically justify what happened. KPD will cover up any wrongdoing the officer did anyway, if he was at fault. It is all very frustrating.

Bingo - and G8terH8terEric will take the KPD report as Gospel

I have all the respect in the world for good cops.

However, there are some worthless SOBs that are cops.

Just like teachers, doctors, coaches or whatever.

A badge does not equal great human being.

What I find funny is that several Tennessee athletes, both former and current, have mentioned how the KPD and UTPD have it out for athletes.

Several people that have attended Tennessee have mentioned their run ins with the KPD and UTPD and how ass backwards their priorities seem to be.

But by God he's got a badge so he's a saint.

I'm definitely not defending the actions of our players... but this point hits the nail on the head regarding UTPD/KPD. If you've happened to deal with any of Knoxville's finest who patrol the bars or fraternity houses... there is a serious amount of instigating taking place. They push until you say or do something that allows them to charge you. It's your classic case of a redneck on a power trip. I'm sure there are some great cops out there, but they are certainly not the ones who stand in front of the Regions bank and make comments to passing students on Saturday nights or the ones who come through fraternity parties arresting anyone with a cup in his/her hand.

People can fuss all they want but they shouldn't have been at the bar to begin with (players and cops). I've seen many posts saying that the bar was know for trouble. They even posted a youtube clip with a brawl going on outside a while back. The problem is a bunch of kids pretending to be NFL superstars going into a bar and ended up in an altercation with a cop that must have a Dirty Harry complex. I know some will get upset with the Dirty Harry name but according to all i've heard. The guy confronted a group of men ( that apparently was in a bad mood ) in civilian attire and didn't have backup.

So they should not be allowed to go out and have a good time?

That should immensely help recruiting when the 9 o'clock curfew is put in place.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I haven't read where the officer possessed/ pulled his weapon. But, if he were drinking it would be unlawful for him to be in possession of it.

Many crimes are solved/thwarted by off duty PO's drinking and sober. Simply put, some of you would never believe the officer was doing a good deed because of your preconceptions. No sense arguing about it, that's what court is for.

If you are going to make demands then you should be first.

Please provide me an exact quote of me saying this, not a sentence you can try to spin to fit your statement. Exact words. Please:

I will eagerly wait your response - hopefully with an exact quote, and not some sentence you can twist to fit your statement. Thanks!

I NEVER said, again NEVER said, that the cop was an angel. I just don't like the automatic jump that he's a prick. So, all you did was spin it to where you think I think he's some kind of angel. Try again.

IMO people who usually speak bad or ill of police usually have had a bad encounter with them( ie; being arrested, getting a ticket,etc.) and of course it was not their fault.

Sounds like we are writing essays here.

Direct and indirect quotes.... Make sure you cite it or you will get an "F" for plagiarism!! :)

IMO people who usually speak bad or ill of police usually have had a bad encounter with them( ie; being arrested, getting a ticket,etc.) and of course it was not their fault.

True to an extent. My two step brothers are lapd, my dad is a criminal defense attorney.

All agree that prosecutors and cops are dirtier just as bad as criminals. Not all of course.

I don't have a problem w cops, but I know a lot lie on the stand.

A lot of people lie also not just cops. That's pretty funny statement that my dad the Criminal Defense Attorney says cops and prosecutors are dirtier than criminals.

I NEVER said, again NEVER said, that the cop was an angel. I just don't like the automatic jump that he's a prick. So, all you did was spin it to where you think I think he's some kind of angel. Try again.

I'm still waiting for the exact quote.........:whistling:

PS: You are a big fan of Assuming, aren't you?

I've had one ticket, never been arrested.

Yet I know enough to know that there are some really pathetic excuses for human beings walking around with a badge and a service weapon.

Yet I know enough to know that there are some really pathetic excuses for human beings walking around with a badge and a service weapon.

Ditto. Although I've had a couple more tickets. Never even came close to being arrested.

But I've seen enough and heard enough to know the loser scumbags who have no friends in school and get picked on tend to become cops simply to gain some sense of power.

Most of the biggest dumb asses I went to high school with are on the KPD police force.

I had a lot of problems with police when I was in college. To be honest about 75% of police I've met either have a huge ego, or is in on the crime themselves

True to an extent. My two step brothers are lapd, my dad is a criminal defense attorney.

All agree that prosecutors and cops are dirtier just as bad as criminals. Not all of course.

I don't have a problem w cops, but I know a lot lie on the stand.

No you dont

It's not okay. Cops risk their lives everyday, remember? Thus they are above the law and ass beatings.

One thing I have learned thru observation---the cops will be right---regardless. Therefore--don't run from them, and don't fight them. Cops can and do pretty much what they want in a confrontation. They can even justify obvious excessive force caught on video. Understanding this, I practice avoidance.

VN Store

Back