I've been to Berkeley

I wouldn't want to live there and especially wouldn't want to raise a family there. It looks nice on the outside...for awhile. In reality it's just a small step up from Oakland and at night Oakland and Berkeley are about the same.

You must be kidding. Sounds like you rode a cab through the city one afternoon on the way to a one-day work conference. I grew up in east Tennessee and lived several years in Cali. The mountains of east Tennessee are wonderful, but that area of Cali beats Tennessee in pretty much every other category. Sorry.

Reactions: 3 people
This coming from a man who chooses to live in the most corrupt, backward, and crime-ridden community in the nation.

When Knoxville elects a convicted felon and crack addict for public office multiple times, then get back to us.

Take a trip to Anacostia sometime before taking your shots at Knoxville again, genius.

Yeah genius...the entire DC/Northern VA region only looks like Anacostia and the only people that live here are crackheads and corrupt politicians (oh wait except for the ones from TN) geez step out of the hills man..there's nothing to be afraid of on the other side of the mtn

Reactions: 2 people
Who cares... It's CM, and if he really wanted to be a serious BB coach he wouldn't have gone to Cal! Good riddens! Let's move on

Cal/Berkeley is one of the best universities in America--and the most liberal. No good 'ole boys with thick heads drawlin' about their guns or freakin' out about the sports teams! A good place for Martin, who clearly doesn't have the personality for a serious program.

Cal/Berkeley is one of the best universities in America--and the most liberal. No good 'ole boys with thick heads drawlin' about their guns or freakin' out about the sports teams! A good place for Martin, who clearly doesn't have the personality for a serious program.

but...but..I thought it was all about diversity out there? How can it be if there is no good ole' boys with thick heads drawlin' about their guns or freakin' out about sports teams?!

Hahaha...I was waiting to hear this. Probably not enough 4 wheel drives, Natty light, gun racks and baptist churches. Love the right wingers.

Yeah, your state gave us the biggest impediment to progress since cholesterol. Has he had any cattle shot today?

Berkley is just a dump. I've never been to a place that was riddled with bums like Berkley besides Portland. It's a huge downgrade from Knoxville.

I live about 80 miles from there.

Reactions: 1 person
This coming from a man who chooses to live in the most corrupt, backward, and crime-ridden community in the nation.

When Knoxville elects a convicted felon and crack addict for public office multiple times, then get back to us.

Take a trip to Anacostia sometime before taking your shots at Knoxville again, genius.

Wanna laugh? We had a crackhead, a Asian gang member who was running guns , and a slimeball bribe taker get arrested within two months for corruption. Not to mention the others that took bribes and haven't got caught. Californians are truly the dumbest

Cuonzo will not have to worry about being under a microscope out there...way to many distractions outside of college basketball to have fans upset that his teams are under achieving during season play. :dunno:

Martin made the right decision to leave and maybe go to the perfect job..........for him. He almost certainly wasn't going to win any titles at U.T., SEC or otherwise, and at CAl he won't likely have to win any titles, just be competitive. So, he probably got a nice raise, a five or 6 year contract, and a job with little pressure to win, as long as he can nab an NIT bid every now and then along with an occasional NCAA trip.

Berkley is just a dump. I've never been to a place that was riddled with bums like Berkley besides Portland. It's a huge downgrade from Knoxville.

I live about 80 miles from there.

I went to the Cal game a couple of years ago, and was shocked at the piped in noise at the stadium. And of course the "protesters" that were living in the trees... that was hilarious.

1. It's "People's Republic of Berkeley", or at least that's what the shirts they used to sell on Telegraph said.

2. Don't confuse the university with the city -- IIRC the biggest student organization at UC Berkeley is the Young Republicans and that's been the case for about 20 years. The city is another story.

3. Cal's drive to increase the athletic profile of the school has been mixed at best, with the graduation rates for certain sports being a complete joke for the best public university in the country. I'm certainly mild at best with the appointment of CCM, he's got a hard act to follow in Montgomery for sure.

Wanna laugh? We had a crackhead, a Asian gang member who was running guns , and a slimeball bribe taker get arrested within two months for corruption. Not to mention the others that took bribes and haven't got caught. Californians are truly the dumbest

Amazing SNL skit. Possibly accurate as well.

Lol. It's beautiful.

exactly! The stuff negavols want to attack all because of the one man that still haunts them are amazing. Now they are mad because he landed a great job in an absolutely beautiful setting. He should've wound up in Starkville or something. North Dakota A&T.

1. It's "People's Republic of Berkeley", or at least that's what the shirts they used to sell on Telegraph said.

2. Don't confuse the university with the city -- IIRC the biggest student organization at UC Berkeley is the Young Republicans and that's been the case for about 20 years. The city is another story.

3. Cal's drive to increase the athletic profile of the school has been mixed at best, with the graduation rates for certain sports being a complete joke for the best public university in the country. I'm certainly mild at best with the appointment of CCM, he's got a hard act to follow in Montgomery for sure.

Don't worry, he'll take the job seriously and wont lobby for a free pass on a season like our new coach did with his 'realistic expectations' speech.

VN Store

Back