It's like we are listening to the same crappy song on repeat

Honestly someone like Pruitt, coordinator at a large school, is what I figured we'd end up with before any of the Schiano mess.

Most new head coach hires are guys that aren't proven head coaches, but have potential. The good head coaches that are established get locked down with $$$. Unless they're unhappy, they ain't leaving.

Reactions: 1 person
1 percenters are going to hate on the hire no matter what or who is hired. Who cares. We have a coach. We have what is apparently a very passionate, driven and defensive minded coach who is a good recruiter. Looking at his video's he seems like a "real" guy...comfortable with realities of difficulty of this re-build...not some slogan guy. That's a change.

Coaching search...AD promises the world. We hire an up and coming "rising star". It is beaten into us the new coach has a good pedigree or coached under a great coach. Great recruiter, players love him. He wants to be here and that's what is important.

Then the wins don't come, recruiting busts, player issues abound, and the dumpster fire reignites.

Then, we do it all over again.

The fact that he comes from 'Bama is a plus. Saban doesn't hire losers like UT does.

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
What??? Butch Jones won Championships as a head coach and we see where that resume got us.

Pruitt has NEVER been a HC. And he's a ****ing gump on top of it.

That guy will NEVER put his heart and soul into this program no matter how much he's paid.

Care to share Saturday's powerball numbers with me. Thanks, I'll split the jackpot with you.

Interested to know when he ever had to go into a situation like this and what the results were.

I'll hang up and listen.

Well, Pruitt signed up and played for Bama when they were at the bottom in the early 90's. Outside those few years it appears he has been very successful! That's what the "results" have been after starting out at "a situation like this".

I’m supporting Pruitt until a 6-6 season is not possible in 2018. When u pay someone 5 mil a year that’s very reasonable demand as a fan.

Let me see if I've got this right. Many are saying we should only have considered a HC that was successful as a HC before. What do lincoln Riley, Dabo Swenney and Kirby Smart have in common. All 3 came to be an HC directly from a coordinator and all 3 are in the CFP as a HC. So Riley inherited his team from Stoops who also came to OU directly from a coordinator. Let's give him a chance.

Jeremy Pruitt has had issues with his colleagues about everywhere he's been. Of course, he has always been on the staff and not the head coach. Hopefully he will be a better leader than he has been a teammate. If not, he will have trouble finding good staff members and keeping them. We will see won't we?

Coaching search...AD promises the world. We hire an up and coming "rising star". It is beaten into us the new coach has a good pedigree or coached under a great coach. Great recruiter, players love him. He wants to be here and that's what is important.

Then the wins don't come, recruiting busts, player issues abound, and the dumpster fire reignites.

Then, we do it all over again.

Well, Neyland, Dickey, and Fulmer were never head coaches before Tennessee and they are top 5 all time Tennessee coaches.
What do Dabo,Mullen, Kirby, Franklin(@ vandy) and Lincoln have in common? By the way, three of those guys are in the playoffs.

Weve never hired a HC with the resume half as good as Pruitt

This statement may be a little overstated, but it is certainly true after the Fulmer hire. No one knows the future, but if the past is the best predictor of the future, this hire's past actually demonstrates significant success at football's highest level as a player and as a coach. Will he be able to translate his experiences at Florida State, Georgia and Alabama to head coaching the Vols? I don't know and neither does anyone else. But I feel a lot more confident in his chances for success than I would have for some of the alleged "candidates" who toyed with UT's AD and fan base in recent weeks.

Go Vols!

I’m supporting Pruitt until a 6-6 season is not possible in 2018. When u pay someone 5 mil a year that’s very reasonable demand as a fan.

I agree with you....remember Saban went 6-6 his first year at bamer, played for the NC his 2nd year

Interested to know when he ever had to go into a situation like this and what the results were.

I'll hang up and listen.
Has nothing to do with the hire. ALL coaching hires have some risk. Every coaching situation that a coach goes into is different and will have differing outcomes based on multiple factors.

This hire will have a result. That result will vary from poor to excellent.

Asking how a battle ends before it is fought is a waste of time and energy.

Your question dances around the fact that Pruitt has never been a head coach. Neither had Fulmer, Sweeny, Osborne, Switzer, Stoops and I am sure others had never been head coaches before taking the jobs at their respective schools.

They all won National Championships.

You probably don't want to admit it, but Butch's resume was more impressive. That's why alot of other colleges wanted him, whereas no one was chasing Pruitt.

Ehh, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. For me, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia and Alabama > Ferris State, Rutgers, Wilkes, Central Michigan and Cincinnati.

To each his or her own, but Coach Jones never struck me as either ready for the big time or likely to succeed at a Southern Power 5 program. I supported him while he was here, and I am glad UT decided to move on.

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz

VN Store

Back