It's like we are listening to the same crappy song on repeat

Coaching search...AD promises the world. We hire an up and coming "rising star". It is beaten into us the new coach has a good pedigree or coached under a great coach. Great recruiter, players love him. He wants to be here and that's what is important.

Then the wins don't come, recruiting busts, player issues abound, and the dumpster fire reignites.

Then, we do it all over again.
IMG_6348.JPG

Coaching search...AD promises the world. We hire an up and coming "rising star". It is beaten into us the new coach has a good pedigree or coached under a great coach. Great recruiter, players love him. He wants to be here and that's what is important.

Then the wins don't come, recruiting busts, player issues abound, and the dumpster fire reignites.

Meh. It's just year one... Again.

Check back in a couple years.

I have no doubt that Pruitt is a good football coach, and have little doubt he will grow into a good head coach as far as the game.

What concerns me the most about him is player / personality management. There have been some warning signs about that from other schools. But only time will tell how that works out.

I have no doubt that Pruitt is a good football coach, and have little doubt he will grow into a good head coach as far as the game.

What concerns me the most about him is player / personality management. There have been some warning signs about that from other schools. But only time will tell how that works out.
What is personality management?

I

I don't get the impression he's had player issues based on the feedback we continue to see from players he's coached.

He does have a well chronicled history of relationship issues with some authority figures and peers.

So I get what you're saying.

I actually do think, like you, he's already a good football coach. And like you I think he can be a good to great head coach.

But that will likely require a little different level of patience. Cause the next couple years are probably gonna be light in results.

And not everyone is good at understanding what passing the eye test means.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I

I don't get the impression he's had player issues based on the feedback we continue to see from players he's coached.

He does have a well chronicled history of relationship issues with some authority figures and peers.

So I get what you're saying.

I actually do think, like you, he's already a good football coach. And like you I think he can be a good to great head coach.

But that will likely require a little different level of patience. Cause the next couple years are probably gonna be light in results.

And not everyone is good at understanding what passing the eye test means.
From my understanding he has issues at uga and fsu. Im not doing a biography on him so I dont know alot about it, just what ive heard.
We should know what type of coach he will be next year, maybe the year after. Although it may not translate to the w/o we all.want, like you said. Fielding a disciplined competative team should be evident fairly early. I think if we see that in the next 2 years, that will bring some patience for the majoirty of the fanbase.

Reactions: jakez4ut

What is personality management?
Dealing with people. Similair to what.was the ultimate downfall of butch jones.
Somehow I think he will do a much better job than Botch did. Sure as hell hoping so. : )

From my understanding he has issues at uga and fsu. Im not doing a biography on him so I dont know alot about it, just what ive heard.
We should know what type of coach he will be next year, maybe the year after. Although it may not translate to the w/o we all.want, like you said. Fielding a disciplined competative team should be evident fairly early. I think if we see that in the next 2 years, that will bring some patience for the majoirty of the fanbase.
Agreed

No one has any earthly idea how the Pruitt era will end.

It's like a QB in the NFL draft. Much easier to predict he'll fail than he'll be the next Peyton Manning.

Easier to predict Pruitt will be just another guy or fail because most coaches are just another guy or fail. Much harder to put your faith in someone and believe they are the next national champion coach.

Who knows

What??? Butch Jones won Championships as a head coach and we see where that resume got us.

Pruitt has NEVER been a HC. And he's a ****ing gump on top of it.

That guy will NEVER put his heart and soul into this program no matter how much he's paid.
\

So you must know Pruitt personally to call him a ****ing gump and question his commitment to Tennessee?

Maybe CJP (apparently) had problems with people in authority that can't handle the truth. CBJ had a different way of handling them.
It shouldnt be considered a good thing if you cant maintain a working relationship with regardless of personalities. We will always have people above / beside us that we dont necessarily like but need to keep a good relationship with. CJP shouldn't br viewed as the end all be all just because he is the HFC. However, my comment was more in reference to players than administrators etc.

One BIG difference (and there are plenty others) ... Haslam's didn't hire THIS coach

Warning signs ? Like he's probably hard on everyone including himself ? I don't call that a warning, I call that discipline, and these snowflakes might need a little after CBJ gave them participation trophies.

Let’s look at what proven coaches have done in year one to see if his point is valid

Chip Kelly 0-4
Scott Frost 0-4
John Gruden 1-3

So yeah, a proven coach.....

Point being, the first year is difficult no matter who you are.

Hey, it’s obvious you’ve had this thread marked on your calendar ready to bump for the last 10 months, and that’s pathetic enough, but before you make yourself look like a bigger idiot - you do know that we can still go 6-6 this year right?
Ok.
1) Mathematically we can , but we all know that won't be the case.
2) The purpose of this comment was to ask this guy if his support for Pruitt ended.

The point is it is year one and people are already writing Pruitt off. It is due to the history of hires in the last decade.

VN Store

Back