Iran

And I already mentioned that tech…cruise missile systems, drones, electronic warfare systems, helicopters, AI, etc..

The same 20mm auto cannon that is the last line of defense?

Keep thinking these are like Palestinian water pipe bombs..
Yes, we can knock Iranian cruise missiles down at all 3 levels.

Long Range - SM Interceptors
Short Range - Sea Sparrows
Point Defense - CIWS Auto-Cannon

US Boats are undefeated at all 3 levels.

You’ll soon be able to add high-energy microwave emitters to that defensive matrix. I’m sure the Iran will have something for those too.

You’ll soon be able to add high-energy microwave emitters to that defensive matrix. I’m sure the Iran will have something for those too.

Our military capabilities and tech is the best in the world….and it should be with how we outspend just about everyone combined. However, the majority of our tech has been stolen or hacked…it’s no secret. Don’t think that Russia, China and Iran haven’t been developing countermeasures for decades..

And the Houthis fired a single anti-ship cruise missile that wasn’t neutralized by the first two..

Our military capabilities and tech is the best in the world….and it should be with how we outspend just about everyone combined. However, the majority of our tech has been stolen or hacked…it’s no secret. Don’t think that Russia, China and Iran haven’t been developing countermeasures for decades..

And the Houthis fired a single anti-ship cruise missile that wasn’t neutralized by the first two..
What? The Houthis have fired dozens. Why do you think Ras keeps goin on about the cost-benefit.

And do you think all of our tech has remained stagnant while some of it has leaked out?

The Chinese don’t have anything that can contend with our frequency hopping technology.
What stolen tech does Russia posses that can counter microwaves traveling at the speed of light?

Reactions: davethevol
Lol. Even the Longbow Apaches are getting a little "long in the tooth"....but what an excellent killing machine. Choppers have innate limitations and vulnerabilities due to their lack of speed etc, but if you're in a tank, boat, or pretty much anything without a good missile system you're just plain dead. Fortunately we don't put Apaches in the battlefield until after the Tomahawks and bombers have cleared out those pesky SAM sites and whatnot.

Reactions: TVOLS
Why is the ME any of our business?
Because it is rich in oil and we live in a global economy. If we become isolationists we become weak.

But you already know this. It's the same reason China is doing everything to expand its influence globally. Quit playing dumb, we already know you're not this naive. I'm not sure why you play the role though.

Reactions: norrislakevol
This Iranian boat the US conducted a cyberattack against would be interesting to hear more about. The Iranian spy boat was giving target Information to the houthis so the US responded.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
This Iranian boat the US conducted a cyberattack against would be interesting to hear more about. The Iranian spy boat was giving target Information to the houthis so the US responded.
So to be clear, any 3rd party that gives targeting information to one side of a conflict is a legitimate military target?

So to be clear, any 3rd party that gives targeting information to one side of a conflict is a legitimate military target?

Not sure where you are going with this, but sounds like the US helped stop (or slow down) attacks against civilian cargo vessels which in my understanding is unarmed. I see no fault in that. Also, I'm more interested in the cyberattack itself on how and what did it cause on the Iranian boat.

Not sure where you are going with this, but sounds like the US helped stop (or slow down) attacks against civilian cargo vessels which in my understanding is unarmed. I see no fault in that. Also, I'm more interested in the cyberattack itself on how and what did it cause on the Iranian boat.

future of warfare..well the now of warfare. if **** hits fan with China or Russia, I suspect the home front will be on the frontline and it will halt everything.

Captain Obvious statement.

Yes, and I know what you are getting at. If Iran or Russia wants to target US military installations or personnel helping their “enemies“ they are well within their rights. And of course we would be well within our rights to retaliate.

Not sure where you are going with this
One more time... and to be clear... If two states or entities are at war, then a 3rd party that gives targeting info for one of the warring factions, then does that mean that 3rd party is a legitimate target and combatant?

It really isn't that hard to understand.

future of warfare..well the now of warfare. if **** hits fan with China or Russia, I suspect the home front will be on the frontline and it will halt everything.

Captain Obvious statement.
Are you OK with that?

It certainly sounds like you are.

One more time... and to be clear... If two states or entities are at war, then a 3rd party that gives targeting info for one of the warring factions, then does that mean that 3rd party is a legitimate target and combatant?

It really isn't that hard to understand.

Yes it does. Now what happens when one of them does?

I would expect that elements that do so from within international waters/air, or over/in the warring zone are "fair game".

and yes that does in US stuff in Ukraine, but like the Iranian Phantom's found out, just because there is an unarmed spy plane in the area doesn't mean it is in the area alone.

gets tricky if said elements are working from within their home territory. Like some Romanian or Polish observation tower spotting Russian planes on their home radar and then letting Ukraine know. I would say in that case its "hands off". But a US Predator or Global Hawk getting shot down in NATO airspace is going to be a clear no-no. out over the middle of the black sea its a different game.

Looks like our air strikes have really been effective. "Operation Prosperity Guardian"... what a joke.

We really need better leaders in the White House and military.

Looks like our air strikes have really been effective. "Operation Prosperity Guardian"... what a joke.

We really need better leaders in the White House and military.
I told you all this weeks ago but I was a stooge and a clown. Now you are seeing what I've been saying.

No no no... 'Murica... let's just bomb them into the Stone Age... Right?

The truth is that the US cannot do jack diddly-squat to intimidate or stop any of this outside of agreeing to use diplomacy.

I told you all this weeks ago but I was a stooge and a clown. Now you are seeing what I've been saying.

No no no... 'Murica... let's just bomb them into the Stone Age... Right?

The truth is that the US cannot do jack diddly-squat to intimidate or stop any of this outside of agreeing to use diplomacy.

That is patently false. We could unleash wave after wave of total destruction on these camelhumpers in both Yemen and Iran using only conventional weapons. No nukes needed. We just have limpdeck leadership that wants to halfazz everything from the White House to Bidens cabinet/admin. It would be very foolish to spend hundreds or thousands of Tomahawks and other ordinance on these pissants when Sloppy Joe already has us entangled in Ukraine. China is already doing whatever they want because they own Biden and have since he was a VP. If we expend or give away too much of our ordinance then China will finally invade Taiwan before feckless Joe leaves office. Theres lots of moving parts here...and FJB has made a mess of each and every aspect of this situation. As was expected.

If you are an enemy and ally of those who are commiting similar cyber attacks against the US and others in Europe and elsewhere, while supporting a third party targeting civilians with their military yes..... absolutely.

VN Store

Back