Iran

Why are people so desperate to get Iran’s nuclear program up and running again? This is just another piece of the puzzle that we know will hurt America down the road.
Russia demands protections against sanctions if Iran nuclear deal restored
1. Iran has been wanting nuclear power since the days of The Shah in order to develop their oil refining capacity. The sanctions and non-investment from the West over the last 40+ years has hampered that development. One reason why it has also been hampered is that if the Iranians are able to develop their domestic nuclear program, not only would they be able to refine it domestically and cut out the ability of foreign corporations to generate that revenue, but they would have the ability to bring oil to market at a lower cost than even the Saudis. As we know (until recently perhaps), the foundation of the USD has been on the back of thee Saudi Arabians and Gulf States. Iran bringing in cheaper oil would destabilize that system

2. A nuclear weapons program, as we can see in the Ukraine-Russia crisis right now, deters a lot of military actions (United States and Israel). I am convinced at this moment that Iran would move in that direction with more resolve and purpose.

Also, The Shah of Iran, once the chosen US & UK puppet to replace Mossedegh in 1953, was beginning to outlive his usefulness by the mid-1970s and was beginning to the US as a problem. Also, the Kissinger Petrodollar scheme from that era made Saudi Arabia the focus of American attention and favor in the region. It became clear to him that he was being pushed into the US crosshairs and needed to be replaced. And sure enough, a radical Shite cleric living in exile comes on the scene and magically starts a revolution that topples The Shah... almost as if it were similar to what happened to Mossedegh a quarter century earlier, or in more recent memory, to Yanukovich in Ukraine. The Shah was removed and is replaced with an Islamic Republic.

1. Iran has been wanting nuclear power since the days of The Shah in order to develop their oil refining capacity. The sanctions and non-investment from the West over the last 40+ years has hampered that development. One reason why it has also been hampered is that if the Iranians are able to develop their domestic nuclear program, not only would they be able to refine it domestically and cut out the ability of foreign corporations to generate that revenue, but they would have the ability to bring oil to market at a lower cost than even the Saudis. As we know (until recently perhaps), the foundation of the USD has been on the back of thee Saudi Arabians and Gulf States. Iran bringing in cheaper oil would destabilize that system

2. A nuclear weapons program, as we can see in the Ukraine-Russia crisis right now, deters a lot of military actions (United States and Israel). I am convinced at this moment that Iran would move in that direction with more resolve and purpose.
I missed a step. How would having a nuclear program enable them to lower their cost of oil production and refining?

Ras, you think Iran would push forward with weaponized nuclear ambitions? So why would the US be so eager to help them out? And why would the US be so eager to help them destabilize the US petro-dollar value?

I think I know the answer.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I missed a step. How would having a nuclear program enable them to lower their cost of oil production and refining?
As of now, they are unable to refine oil because their electrical infrastructure hasn't really been upgraded since The Shah regime. So instead, they rely on foreigners to refine it, which adds on higher costs. Also, thanks to sanctions and limited foreign investment, their ability to tap into their reserves is limited because their oil industry has not been modernized since that time, also.

Last edited:
Reactions: EasternVol
Ras, you think Iran would push forward with weaponized nuclear ambitions?

I think at this point, it is all but assured.

So why would the US be so eager to help them out?

Someone has to be profiting out of this. Pallets of cash delivered during Obama administration and now the same guys are back in charge now. WTF do you think? Somebody is getting paid out of this.

And why would the US be so eager to help them destabilize the US petro-dollar value?
In my earlier post, I had said:

As we know (until recently perhaps), the foundation of the USD has been on the back of thee Saudi Arabians and Gulf States.

I specifically added that in because I think that the COVID tragedy allowed them (or forced them) to turn away from the petrodollar scheme and try to transition to the eventual digital dollar scheme. I think in the meantime, the dollar is just going to be printed to oblivion until it either hyperinflates or they get their digital dollar up and running.

I think at this point, it is all but assured.

Someone has to be profiting out of this. Pallets of cash delivered during Obama administration and now the same guys are back in charge now. WTF do you think? Somebody is getting paid out of this.

In my earlier post, I had said:

I specifically added that in because I think that the COVID tragedy allowed them (or forced them) to turn away from the petrodollar scheme and try to transition to the eventual digital dollar scheme. I think in the meantime, the dollar is just going to be printed to oblivion until it either hyperinflates or they get their digital dollar up and running.
I think all of that is correct. I think this is a deliberate plan to push us down that path.

Is summary....Iran wants nukes.
They are the #1 state sponsor of TERRORISM.
They have vowed to WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE MAP
They chant Death to America

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
What will be interesting to see is the contortions and mindbending exercises that some people will have about Iran having nukes and being a threat to Israel, but NATO moving east and having the ability to stage nuclear weapons on Russia's border as being no threat what so ever.

The people running our foreign police have shown that they are willing to gamble with human lives... humanity as a whole. These are the most dangerous people on the planet and have no problem risking mankind in order to make a buck.

Reactions: a vol n tears
LMFAO at the bat signal response thus far in this thread 😂🤡
Damn, do you think I just pull s**t out of my azz?

Jimmy Carter's engagement with Ruhollah Khomeini - Wikipedia

In his memoirs, Answer to History the Shah claimed that the little-known, Khomeini was able to ignite the 1963 demonstrations in Iran with help from foreign agents and that US President Kennedy initially wanted him out of power before later changing his opinion of the Shah. The Shah also claimed that President Jimmy Carter who was another liberal president who reminded him of Kennedy who wanted to interfere in Iran's affairs. In a year prior to the Revolution, Big Oil contracts with Iran were expiring, however, the companies never sought to renew the contracts with the Shah which according to him was a blackmail threat. Ultimately the Shah, claimed that the Americans and British colluded against him due to his 1973 nationalization and oil price hike. The BBC report also showed a 1980 CIA analysis, which portrays Khomeini's attempts to contact the US as far back as 1963, during John F. Kennedy's administration.

Reactions: a vol n tears
Damn, do you think I just pull s**t out of my azz?

Jimmy Carter's engagement with Ruhollah Khomeini - Wikipedia

In his memoirs, Answer to History the Shah claimed that the little-known, Khomeini was able to ignite the 1963 demonstrations in Iran with help from foreign agents and that US President Kennedy initially wanted him out of power before later changing his opinion of the Shah. The Shah also claimed that President Jimmy Carter who was another liberal president who reminded him of Kennedy who wanted to interfere in Iran's affairs. In a year prior to the Revolution, Big Oil contracts with Iran were expiring, however, the companies never sought to renew the contracts with the Shah which according to him was a blackmail threat. Ultimately the Shah, claimed that the Americans and British colluded against him due to his 1973 nationalization and oil price hike. The BBC report also showed a 1980 CIA analysis, which portrays Khomeini's attempts to contact the US as far back as 1963, during John F. Kennedy's administration.
All the time every time on anything Russia or Iran.

Lessons from America’s First War with Iran

But “our side” kept breaking the rules. First, Iraq was the aggressor in September 1980. Certainly Iraq had been provoked by Iranian actions along the border, but the main act of aggression was carried out by the Iraqi army in the form of a massive attack. As long as Iraq held Iranian territory, Washington did not call for the restoration of the status quo ante as would be the norm for most international conflicts; only when the tables turned did the United States call for respect for the international border.

The conflict was not President Ronald Reagan’s finest hour. At first he tilted toward Iraq, sending the CIA to Baghdad with critical intelligence in 1982 to thwart Iran’s war plans. It worked. Then Reagan tilted toward Iran, sending sophisticated arms to Tehran in an effort to get American hostages in Lebanon freed. It didn’t work. A few hostages were released but more hostages were taken. Then Reagan tilted back toward Iraq and Washington’s undeclared war followed in 1987 and 1988.

So what are the lessons of this war for America today? The first lesson is that we should expect to be blamed for all that goes wrong. Both Iraqis and Iranians came to believe the United States was manipulating each of them during the war. Ironically, and perhaps naively, the United States tried to reach out to both belligerents through the course of the war— in great secrecy both times—to try to build a strategic partnership. The disastrous arms-for-hostages policy, which came to be known as the Iran- Contra affair, convinced Iraqis rightly that the United States was trying to play both sides of the conflict. The result was that when the war ended, the Iraqi regime and most Iraqis regarded the United States as a threat, despite Washington’s support during the war.

As of now, they are unable to refine oil because their electrical infrastructure hasn't really been upgraded since The Shah regime. So instead, they rely on foreigners to refine it, which adds on higher costs. Also, thanks to sanctions and limited foreign investment, their ability to tap into their reserves is limited because their oil industry has not been modernized since that time, also.
Speaking of pulling s$&t out of your ass explain to me why they MUST have nuclear power to support their electrical power grid infrastructure instead of natural gas fired or even diesel electric driven power generation? Based on their obvious natural resources they should clearly be using petro-thermal power generation capacity. So if it was really about increasing their power generation capacity it would have been solved by now.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back