Iran

Probably U-boats…but that’s still a mismatch.

Iran is with loaded with anti-ship missiles…that I wouldn’t underestimate.
Iran has (3) 1970’s era, original Kilo-class attack subs. 2 of which are believed to be in drydock.

Iran apparently does have a dozen or so of these nifty “coastal” submarines. They look pretty formidable -

1707272783927.png

Not sure I’d want to play cat and mouse with a US Seawolf or Virginia in one though…

These Iranian anti-ship missiles - Are they the same ones they gave / sold to the Houthis that US Destroyers can shoot down with 20mm auto-cannon fire?

Iran has (3) 1970’s era, original Kilo-class attack subs. 2 of which are believed to be in drydock.

Iran apparently does have a dozen or so of these nifty “coastal” submarines. They look pretty formidable -

View attachment 618080

Not sure I’d want to play cat and mouse with a US Seawolf or Virginia in one though…

These Iranian anti-ship missiles - Are they the same ones they gave / sold to the Houthis that US Destroyers can shoot down with 20mm auto-cannon fire?
Remember when Iran made a fake aircraft carrier and couldn’t sink it?

Good times

Remember when Iran made a fake aircraft carrier and couldn’t sink it?

Good times
It was supposed to be unsinkable - so they could re-use it for propo shots.

They somehow managed to accidentally sink it anyways - right in the middle of the harbor entrance to Bandar Abbas lol. 😂😂

And again, answer my question... how has our political condition changed?

With regards to our "force" superiority... we have always been able to kill civilians and stack bodies. But how effective has that been in achieving victory since WWII? Hell, we can bomb the Koreans, Vietnamese, Iraqis, Syrians and Yemense to the Stone Age, yet unless you put boots on the ground and win there, it doesn't mean jack S#!t...
Let's just let them be azzholes and continue to be a sponsor of terror. Solid Ras.

Our enemies don't care about civilians that is why they hide among them. Iran loves killing civilians.

Let's just let them be azzholes and continue to be a sponsor of terror. Solid Ras.

Our enemies don't care about civilians that is why they hide among them. Iran loves killing civilians.
Iranians couldn't come close (allegedly) to the United States...

If Iran can kill half a million Iraqi children and millions more in Vietnam/SE Asia and the rest of the Middle East, come talk to me.

Iranians couldn't come close (allegedly) to the United States...

If Iran can kill half a million Iraqi children and millions more in Vietnam/SE Asia and the rest of the Middle East, come talk to me.

Sorry Ras we're still the best. Not perfect but the best. I am sorry you hate her . I'm sure Iran,Russia,or Gaza are nice this time of year.

See if they have any travel brochures in Despot Monthly.

Superior force…yes

Destroying their navy? That’ll entail significant casualties on our side. This isn’t the Iran of the 80’s…they’re allied and equipped with the latest Russian/Chinese tech.
The best Russian & Chinese tech?

Their submarines are 1970’s era Russian Kilo-Class.
Their frigates are 1960’s era British Alvand-Class.
Their corvettes are 1950’s era US boats.
They still have Dutch corvette in service that was laid down in 1936 lol.

Where is this latest tech?

Their submarines are 1970’s era Russian Kilo-Class.
Their frigates are 1960’s era British Alvand-Class.
Their corvettes are 1950’s era US boats.
They still have Dutch corvette in service that was laid down in 1936 lol.

Where is this latest tech?

Along with omitting their modern boats…we have plenty of vessels from the 70’s and 80’s

However. the modern tech they have invested in like cruise missile systems, drones and electronic warfare systems…

When is the last time we had to fight a war against a country with an actual navy…Japan?

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Along with omitting their modern boats…we have plenty of vessels from the 70’s and 80’s

However. the modern tech they have invested in like cruise missile systems, drones and electronic warfare systems…

When is the last time we had to fight a war against a country with an actual navy…Japan?
when was the last time Iran fought a war against a country with an actual navy?

or China for that matter?

last time the Russians did the Japs wiped the floor with them with a smaller navy.

it doesn't help your argument if the point you are making is more applicable to the side you are defending.

you would have been better to point to the success Ukraine, with no navy, has had against Russia's Black Sea fleet. but I know that hurts you on a personal level to acknowledge.

when was the last time Iran fought a war against a country with an actual navy?

or China for that matter?

last time the Russians did the Japs wiped the floor with them with a smaller navy.

it doesn't help your argument if the point you are making is more applicable to the side you are defending.

you would have been better to point to the success Ukraine, with no navy, has had against Russia's Black Sea fleet. but I know that hurts you on a personal level to acknowledge.

What doesn’t help my point? That Iran has a navy and naval defenses capable of inflicting damage on us. I’ve never argued anything different…

Hurts me on a personal level? Lol. No, it just reinforces my point..

What doesn’t help my point? That Iran has a navy and naval defenses capable of inflicting damage on us. I’ve never argued anything different…

Hurts me on a personal level? Lol. No, it just reinforces my point..
which is why you didn't bold or even mention what "it" actually is in this post. nor did you bring it up in your original point. instead of going to current events, you instead had to dig up something from almost 80 years ago. yeah it bothers you.

and yes, relying on Russian and Chinese tech which is even less battle tested than our navy hurts your point.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

You said -

This isn’t the Iran of the 80’s…they’re allied and equipped with the latest Russian/Chinese tech.

So when looking for “the latest Russian/Chinese tech”, I found -

Russian tech from the 1970’s
Western tech from the 1950’s & 1960’s
The “modern” boats are domestic Iranian design.

And again, these Cruise Missiles - Are these the same ones they outfitted the Houthis with? The ones we can shoot down with an 20mm auto-cannon?

You said -

And again, these Cruise Missiles - Are these the same ones they outfitted the Houthis with? The ones we can shoot down with an 20mm auto-cannon?

The reality, is that Iran's navy is not much different from the Navy that we wrecked back in 1988.

They've added a handful of Sina class fast attack ships, which are just a (mildly) updated versions of the French-built Kaman class from the 1970s, and 3 domestically built Moudge-class frigates, which have seen zero actual combat action.

You said -

And I already mentioned that tech…cruise missile systems, drones, electronic warfare systems, helicopters, AI, etc..

The same 20mm auto cannon that is the last line of defense?

Keep thinking these are like Palestinian water pipe bombs..

And I already mentioned that tech…cruise missile systems, drones, electronic warfare systems, helicopters, AI, etc..

The same 20mm auto cannon that is the last line of defense?

Keep thinking these are like Palestinian water pipe bombs..
does Iran/Russia/China even have that last line of defense?

based on whats going on in Russia it doesn't appear that any of them do.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
The reality, is that Iran's navy is not much different from the Navy that we wrecked back in 1988.

They've added a handful of Sina class fast attack ships, which are just a (mildly) updated versions of the French-built Kaman class from the 1970s, and 3 domestically built Moudge-class frigates, which have seen zero actual combat action.

Are any of their F-4’s capable of delivering anti-ship missiles?😏

which is why you didn't bold or even mention what "it" actually is in this post. nor did you bring it up in your original point. instead of going to current events, you instead had to dig up something from almost 80 years ago. yeah it bothers you.

and yes, relying on Russian and Chinese tech which is even less battle tested than our navy hurts your point.

Lol

VN Store

Back