iPhone vs. Droid

They have not dided nothing wrong :blink:....doesn't mean Droid isn't a superior phone.

It maybe in your opinion, but stating this as a fact is completely false. Consumer reports rankings have the 4S rated as a 76 while the highest DROID is the EVO at a 74.

It maybe in your opinion, but stating this as a fact is completely false. Consumer reports rankings have the 4S rated as a 76 while the highest DROID is the EVO at a 74.

I was just messing with him....geez you guys and your phones lmao. So sensitive ladies.

Not to split hairs....but CR 2012 Buying Guide has the SS Infuse, Motorola Atrix, and HTC Inspire all ahead of the Iphone 4g. The later 2 being $100 cheaper.

Again, it's just my, and most others in this thread, OPINION that Droid is better. I just can't believe how butt hurt people get over a phone.

I was just messing with him....geez you guys and your phones lmao. So sensitive ladies.

Not to split hairs....but CR 2012 Buying Guide has the SS Infuse, Motorola Atrix, and HTC Inspire all ahead of the Iphone 4g. The later 2 being $100 cheaper.

Again, it's just my, and most others in this thread, OPINION that Droid is better. I just can't believe how butt hurt people get over a phone.

Whos butthurt? Im just stating facts and not going on some rant about phones being superior. Check that CR guide again, Iphone 4S and 4 are both rated higher than the first DROID.

Last edited:

You obviously made this up because there's no such thing as an iPhone 4g.

4s whatever, you know what I meant. I was reading the buying guide while taking a poop yesterday and noticed it. Big freaking deal...it's a phone. Both will do 99% of what you want them to do. Quit being butt hurt because more people are moving to Droid....unless you own Apple, in which case, I need a vp job.

These pluses were not enough, however, to allow the iPhone 4S to outscore the best new Android-based phones in our Ratings. Those top scorers included the Samsung Galaxy S II phones, the Motorola Droid Bionic, and several other phones that boast larger displays than the iPhone 4S and run on faster 4G networks.

Other phones that topped the iPhone 4S include the LG Thrill ($100 on AT&T), which has the ability to capture stills and videos in 3D, as well as display them on its 4.3-inch 3D display, and the Motorola Droid Bionic ($300 on Verizon), which also has a superb 4.3-inch, high-resolution (540 x 960) display, with excellent keypad readability under most lighting conditions, even in bright light.

nothing is ever 100%

4s whatever, you know what I meant. I was reading the buying guide while taking a poop yesterday and noticed it. Big freaking deal...it's a phone. Both will do 99% of what you want them to do. Quit being butt hurt because more people are moving to Droid....unless you own Apple, in which case, I need a vp job.

What's your deal with being "butt hurt"? Nobody is butt hurt. All Apple did was revolutionize the smartphone & have just about every manufacturer copy them with a universal OS & play trial & error week after week after week. I guess they gotta do what they gotta do. You can't say Apple is behind or lacking in anything when they don't come out with a phone every week. I'll take a polished device over something that's slapped together & sent on the market to be fixed later. Look at the iPad it's the same thing. Apple comes out with the tablet & all of a sudden everybody else has to slap one together.

Both are great phones but I prefer the constant innovation month after month of the Android platform and new hardware all the time. 720p screens, NFC capabilities, WiFi Direct, hdmi out, etc. is great stuff that we've seen because everyone is trying to one up each other.

The iPhone is generally more expensive to own and has rather limited hardware for really geeky people. It's got it's little niche and Apple is cool with that. Android OS continues to increase it's market share lead and drive manufacturers to create amazing machines around the clock.

In end though, if someone loves their iPhone, that's great. I hope everyone loves their phone as much as I do, no matter what kind it is. It's just personal preference.

Made the best decision of my life. Just changed to Cricket. They are legit now (in Utah at least). I have Android OS 2.3, unlimited everything, and I pay only $50/month. Coverage has been great so far. I would have never chosen Cricket a few years back, but I kept hearing good things recently.

I'll see how it works in Georgia in 2 weeks.

What's your deal with being "butt hurt"? Nobody is butt hurt. All Apple did was revolutionize the smartphone & have just about every manufacturer copy them with a universal OS & play trial & error week after week after week. I guess they gotta do what they gotta do. You can't say Apple is behind or lacking in anything when they don't come out with a phone every week. I'll take a polished device over something that's slapped together & sent on the market to be fixed later. Look at the iPad it's the same thing. Apple comes out with the tablet & all of a sudden everybody else has to slap one together.

If you can't re-read your posts and see that it's obvious you are butt hurt over this, then no one can help you. Using phrases like "revolutionize (d) the smartphone" make you seem way more upset over what most of us probably consider a minor purchase. Sony REVOLUTIONIZED the Beta Tape....how's yours working?

The IPhone fits some people fine and they have a loyal following....so did/does Blackberry & Palm. Eventually we move on to something better or that at least we like more in our opinion.

If you can't re-read your posts and see that it's obvious you are butt hurt over this, then no one can help you. Using phrases like "revolutionize (d) the smartphone" make you seem way more upset over what most of us probably consider a minor purchase. Sony REVOLUTIONIZED the Beta Tape....how's yours working?

The IPhone fits some people fine and they have a loyal following....so did/does Blackberry & Palm. Eventually we move on to something better or that at least we like more in our opinion.

The beta tape is a dumb analogy. If anything it rebutes your entire statement. The smartphone nor iPhone is old technology. When Apple comes out with something new it will probably be copied like everything else. Most initial droid users chose a droid because it's all that was available on their carrier & have never used an iPhone. Then you have the typical Apple haters just like the Apple loyalists. Droid is constantly trying to 1 up apple just to stay even. That is a fact. Apple will set back & let all the droid manufacturers do their thing & then release a new iPhone next year or whenever & sell 5 million in a few days followed by a handful of new droid devices that will try to one up it & won't sell half of that. Btw the iPhone is the only apple product I own. I did purchase 3 iPod touch's as Christmas gifts though. I should have bought one iPod touch & 2 of those other things & watch the kids fight over the touch.

The beta tape is a dumb analogy. If anything it rebutes your entire statement. The smartphone nor iPhone is old technology. When Apple comes out with something new it will probably be copied like everything else. Most initial droid users chose a droid because it's all that was available on their carrier & have never used an iPhone. Then you have the typical Apple haters just like the Apple loyalists. Droid is constantly trying to 1 up apple just to stay even. That is a fact. Apple will set back & let all the droid manufacturers do their thing & then release a new iPhone next year or whenever & sell 5 million in a few days followed by a handful of new droid devices that will try to one up it & won't sell half of that. Btw the iPhone is the only apple product I own. I did purchase 3 iPod touch's as Christmas gifts though. I should have bought one iPod touch & 2 of those other things & watch the kids fight over the touch.

Oh I know you bought some Apple gifts....of course you did you're the biggest Apple fanboi I've ever encountered. This is a bit of an obsession for you I think. Are you this way with your cars too or only phones?

Does it ever get old having to explain how you think apple is better because they are the only ones to come up with new ideas over and over and over and over? We all get your a iPhone fanboy. I just hope your gettin paid for it because you put alot into it man

Oh I know you bought some Apple gifts....of course you did you're the biggest Apple fanboi I've ever encountered. This is a bit of an obsession for you I think. Are you this way with your cars too or only phones?

nice! glad you caught the fanboy vibe from him to!

I got them because that's what they wanted. I'm sure if somebody asked you for an iPod touch you would just get a galaxy player or something else.

Fyi for everyone. Verizon traded my phone out. Lets see if this one is any better. Oh and sdv you were correct. It does say it on the box

So y'all are droid fanboys, cool. Since all he talks about is being butt hurt maybe y'all can hook up.

lol i've had both. Wouldn't mind going back to the iPhone and i thought it was a great device! Im equally as happy with my current droid though and when my contract comes up, I will survey the phones that are out and make the decision that is best for me.

The part about iPhone lovers like you that drives baffles me is just how far out of your way you are willing to go to point out that the iPhone is the best out there. I've had both and both are great! They each have certain aspects that make them fit for different kinds of people. I agree with most views in this thread stating about how simplistic the iPhone system is. I admit that Droid is more complex but if you understand electronics, it adds to the fun of it all. I have absolutely nothing against the iPhone. Just the snobby Iphone users that live and die by it.

Have you ever had a Droid?

No I have never owned a droid just messed with various ones a couple friends have & the one my gf has & a few times in the stores. I was actually wanting the bigger screen on the iPhone until I actually held one. I use one hand a lot & the 4" screen made it a little tougher & I could foresee dropping it & adding a case would only add more bulk. I don't have small hands by any means either. The visual aspect of 3.5" vs 4" was minimal & my eyesight is pretty good so form over size was better. All the droid touchscreens seem inferior, not as sensitive. The scrolling seems less fluid. The keyboard on the iPhone seems more forgiving. If you wanna get really picky there are more iPhone accessories to customize the outside. The droid users here for dome reason think user friendliness is a negative compared to complexity & I just do not understand that. I work with a guy that just got a droid & there's not even a way to sign out of his email. It's something he really wanted to do but there is no option. I guess if he wants it bad enough he can reset his phone & start over, I'm sure that will be fun.

Last edited:
This bad boy does it for me.

MotorolaPager.jpeg

VN Store

Back