iPhone vs. Droid

False.

Apple is the only manufacturer that has that level of a stranglehold on their product from factory to shelf. The only reason there hasn't been deals on iPhone is because Apple will not let retailers make deals. I've sold Apple products before, I know how they work.

Also, there's this thing called marketing. Apple happens to be brilliant at it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the product itself.

They are incorrect facts.

And the last part is cute.

Forget notifications and wallpapers. You can literally change everything on an Android. You can make the whole thing act like a Windows (or Mac) desktop if you like.

That's what I want. The Apple one size fits all cookie cutter layout is perfectly fine for most people who are either technologically illiterate or don't want to be bothered to think about their phone. I don't mean that negatively, it's a perfectly legitimate concern people have when phone shopping. I wanted a faster phone that I could tailor more to my liking, so the Droid fit the bill.

So in essence you're calling one of the most brilliant minds ever in invention, creativity, & marketing a dumbass. Sorry to tell you but just because you have a droid doesn't make you any better than anybody else. Because you seemingly buy this so called complexed device that you tailor ingeniously doesn't make you smart or anybody else stupid. I'm sure there's not a person with an iPhone that wouldn't be able to operate a droid. They would probably just fling as far as they could after a couple days because of how crappy it is. At least they could make it look pretty good though.

It comes down to this: If you're lazy and can't be bothered to fiddle around with your phone and want it to do everything for you in a slick package that anybody with room temperature IQ can figure out, then get an iPhone.

If you're the sort that's constantly tinkering and fiddling with settings or prefer the absolute best web capability out there, then Droid wins.
Just about one of the dumbest things I have seen posted in the iPhone vs Droid argument.

Wow, way to get all butt hurt about it.

I would like links to:

1) Where I called Steve Jobs a dumbass
2) Where I said or even implied Android users are better
3) Where I said I was smarter because I use an Android
4) Where I said iPhone users couldn't understand Androids

Let me save you time: You're making all of it up.

You are calling Androids crappy though.

You said iPhone users were not happy with Androids, I came in and took exception to that because I have had both iPhone and Android for a substantial amount of time and thought Android was better and listed a number of facts why, all of which were objective observations aside from screen size I have on my particular phone.

Just about one of the dumbest things I have seen posted in the iPhone vs Droid argument.

How?

Bottom line is, I know, after numerous years of having both, that I can do way more with my Droid.

Some people prefer the color inside the lines layout of the iPhone, which is totally fine (I'm leaving out the jailbreaks and that sort of thing because it voids warranty and Mfg. service). A lot of people don't care and don't want to be bothered with doing anything to their phone that doesn't involve a one touch easy solution.

I'm not one of those people, I do enjoy maximum flexibility with the devices that I use, so that's why I made the choice I made.

Wow, way to get all butt hurt about it.

I would like links to:

You said iPhone users were not happy with Androids, I came in and took exception to that because I have had both iPhone and Android for a substantial amount of time and thought Android was better and listed a number of facts why, all of which were objective observations aside from screen size I have on my particular phone.

OMG. Anybody with a room temperature IQ can use an iPhone. An iPhone is for technology illiterate folks who don't want to think about their phone. Lazy people use iPhones. All things you said. I don't think Steve Jobs ever designed a thing for lazy, technology illiterate people. You implied android users were smarter because an android allows more customization which somehow takes more ingenuity, because it takes more "fiddling with". iPhone has a cookie cutter design yet every person I see has there's customized differently. Yea I said android was crappy because every single one I have picked up feels cheap, touchscreen is awful, scrolling is laggy & then some. Btw I choose not to jailbreak my device but it in no way voids any warranty.

How?

Bottom line is, I know, after numerous years of having both, that I can do way more with my Droid.

Some people prefer the color inside the lines layout of the iPhone, which is totally fine (I'm leaving out the jailbreaks and that sort of thing because it voids warranty and Mfg. service). A lot of people don't care and don't want to be bothered with doing anything to their phone that doesn't involve a one touch easy solution.

I'm not one of those people, I do enjoy maximum flexibility with the devices that I use, so that's why I made the choice I made.
I would explain it to you, but I'm too lazy as an iPhone user to type it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You are kind of lying here champ.

QUOTE=milohimself;6019549]Wow, way to get all butt hurt about it.

I would like links to:

You said iPhone users were not happy with Androids, I came in and took exception to that because I have had both iPhone and Android for a substantial amount of time and thought Android was better and listed a number of facts why, all of which were objective observations aside from screen size I have on my particular phone.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to regret my iPhone 4S purchase. It was either buy the Galaxy S2 or wait for the 4S. Figured I'd always regret not sticking with the iPhone but now I'm regretting not getting the GS2. Just wish I didn't have to drop $500+ on one.

The screen size is getting to be way too small and it seems like the iPhone has lost its coolness. It's all about the Android OS and the look of it now. I also love the endless ability of customizing anything and everything with the phone. iOS is just so boring unless you have it jail broken (which there hasn't been one released for the 4S yet).

Last edited:
I'm starting to regret my iPhone 4S purchase. It was either buy the Galaxy S2 or wait for the 4S. Figured I'd always regret not sticking with the iPhone but now I'm regretting not getting the GS2. Just wish I didn't have to drop $500+ on one.

The screen size is getting to be way too small and it seems like the iPhone has lost its coolness. It's all about the Android OS and the look of it now. I also love the endless ability of customizing anything and everything with the phone. iOS is just so boring unless you have it jail broken (which there hasn't been one released for the 4S yet).

The iPhone screen size has always been the same. When you get to 4+ inches on a screen it's a borderline tablet not a phone & that extra inch or two makes it tougher to do anything with one hand. Portability, especially if you carry it in your pocket sucks. I don't get the customization thing above what the iPhone does either. What do you guys want? Little hearts for your battery meter & skulls for signal strength?

The iPhone screen size has always been the same. When you get to 4+ inches on a screen it's a borderline tablet not a phone & that extra inch or two makes it tougher to do anything with one hand. Portability, especially if you carry it in your pocket sucks. I don't get the customization thing above what the iPhone does either. What do you guys want? Little hearts for your battery meter & skulls for signal strength?

Dang Steve, I thought you were dead! you sneaky bastard :happy:

What do you guys want? Little hearts for your battery meter & skulls for signal strength?

No, but a power T as the battery meter would be sweet. And if I did want to change the look of my meter it's a good thing I've got a Droid.

No, but a power T as the battery meter would be sweet. And if I did want to change the look of my meter it's a good thing I've got a Droid.

I'll take function over insignificant eye candy any day. I could jailbreak & do it if I wanted though & still have the better device.

that's govols/cc in that commercial lmao.

Droid over Iphone simply for Flash alone....HTC Epic 4G FTW

You're weak video didn't do much for yours.

The part i find hilarious is that RTH made a joke and said that was you in that commercial. You then proceeded to back up his "joke" by making it a fact when you stated that he lost credibility when he said HTC. (just as the people in the video do when they hear its a samsung and not an iphone) Do you find the irony in this captain?

And though I do agree that HTC isn't the pinnacle of Android phones right now, I do firmly believe that HTC's best product could perform just as well as an iphone. So I do not see RTH bringing up HTC as hurting his credibility....

VN Store

Back