Inky reads Volnation

Hey Inky. If you are reading this, I would suggest that what hurts recruiting more than bat**** crazy fans, and most likely what other coaches bring up is this:

There are 6 teams out of 120 that have lead EVERY game this year by 13 or more points. All of them are undefeated......except one.

I like Inky, but the fan base has every right to complain. We have 2 loses this season where we had the lead and talent to seal the deal. But we got beat in terms of coaching. Then you start thinking back and realize Tennessee hasn't been relative in a decade. During that time, many posters have spent thousands of dollars. When an elite program goes to crap expect to hear folks complain.

I like Inky, but the fan base has every right to complain. We have 2 loses this season where we had the lead and talent to seal the deal. But we got beat in terms of coaching. Then you start thinking back and realize Tennessee hasn't been relative in a decade. During that time, many posters have spent thousands of dollars. When an elite program goes to crap expect to hear folks complain.

But, if you know that it hurts in recruiting why bother... You have to know your opinions are meaningless and just spreads negativity right? 2 wrongs don't make a right...

Hey Inky. If you are reading this, I would suggest that what hurts recruiting more than bat**** crazy fans, and most likely what other coaches bring up is this:

There are 6 teams out of 120 that have lead EVERY game this year by 13 or more points. All of them are undefeated......except one.

It may help in recruiting. We don't have depth no matter what u think... All Butch has to do is say you are the missing piece to our puzzle and kids are gonna eat it up...

Our fanbase has a right to be "fickle". They've been drug through the mud the past 10 years and they actually care about their team, which tends to leave them ultrasensitive. In terms of the improvement aspect of things, I didn't see that this team that played Arkansas was vastly improved. This was a game that was winnable coached by two coaches who needed big time wins. As usual, Tennessee loses. Again. At home.

Defensively, the defense was earily similar to Sunseri's on-the-field product. Poor angles, tackling, and adjustments. So... In year 3, the problem isn't the fanbase. It is the coaching staff.

Bullsh*t on the right to be fickle...fickle is a character trait and flaw in my book. Being disappointed I get...fickle though? Take that crap to Alabama...GREENBOW ALABAMA. Gump

Bullsh*t on the right to be fickle...fickle is a character trait and flaw in my book. Being disappointed I get...fickle though? Take that crap to Alabama...GREENBOW ALABAMA. Gump

What Tennessee team have you been watching the last 10 years?

After almost 15 years of "waiting for tomorrow", negativity is going to come out. Period.

*****ing on this message board is the only catharsis the fan base will receive since the redeeming wins are yet to come.

It's how this whole fandom thing works...and believe it or not, it isn't contained to ONLY Vol nation.

No need for overly philosophical, religious parallels here.

Negativity is a by product of a prolonged state of losing...winning improves everything...so you know...

We need more ignorance on this board? Really? What Inky said was logical, rational and common sense. What some don't understand is that they aren't the only Vol fans and how they behave can affect other people. These stupid posts about how mad some are at Butch etc is really just selfish.

Despite what Inky has to say about Botch, the bottom line is this:

Quit making excuses, win some freaking games against good teams that matter (i.e. Fla, Ga, or Ala.), quit making stupid decisions that blow games where we have big leads, and finish in the upper tier of the SEC, or be gone and we'll keep looking until we find somebody who can.

VN Store

Back