Inky reads Volnation

I respectfully disagree with Inky. He should know full well that the issue isn't that we lost to those teams. The issue was in how we lost. In both cases with OU and Florida, the coaching staff horribly mismanaged the games in the 2nd half and blew games that we should have won. These aren't just random anomalies either. It's a pattern that's been there since CBJ's first season against Vanderbilt.

Reactions: 4 people
I respectfully disagree with Inky. He should know full well that the issue isn't that we lost to those teams. The issue was in how we lost. In both cases with OU and Florida, the coaching staff horribly mismanaged the games in the 2nd half and blew games that we should have won. These aren't just random anomalies either. It's a pattern that's been there since CBJ's first season against Vanderbilt.

The way we lost? Our program/coaches would've looked better if we had gotten beat by 20 than by a score in overtime to ou and a point to uf? I really don't get that argument... We have obviously improved as a football program.

Reactions: 7 people
Well.... except for Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Am I missing anybody?

OteeGC5.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Proud of Inky. He does good work and is a fine young man.

However, the football team is 2-3 this season. Butch is 2 games under .500 as a coach at UT now. Butch is being used as an example of coaching malpractice by the national media. They watched how he handles actual games. They do influence recruiting. VN does not. So if Butch wants that to get better he needs to lead the team to more wins. Simple to understand.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe there are some rumors about Inky punching someone out there..NegaVols gotta find a way to silence his truth talk

Inky is the man. I value his as well as other VFL's opinions.

Having said that, I think the fan base has certainly done their part. Stadium was ROCKING for OU game. Up until that night, Butch had received full support and very little questioning.

At some point, no matter your chosen profession, results matter. I'm not saying fire him. I believe he should be back next year regardless how this year plays out. He's earned it IMO.

But it is also OK for us to question when the results aren't there. Especially on a fan forum. Do people seriously not realize fans have always questioned, but just did it around the water cooler before the interwebs?

Reactions: 2 people
I see nothing that proves he reads this particular site. Get back to me when he has a verified account like Travis Stephens. Then you'll actually have evidence for your claim.

I mean it less in the literal sense of "inky said he reads VN" and more in the what he's talking about is applicable to a majority of what's being posted/said on VN

While I agree with inky, it becomes more and more difficult to accept losses, growing pains, processes, etc.

Will I ever stop supporting the Vols? No freakin way. Even in death I will be looking down, or maybe up, with intense anticipation, for the Big Orange on Saturdays.

That doesn't mean I have to like it or blindly support whats happening.

However, this is Tennessee, and its the longest weve been down in my lifetime. Theres nothing fun about losing.

You have to start winning eventually, or be prepared to face criticism or possibly reality. Thats everywhere, even Vandy.

More players than you think pay attention to this website.

Have you given your opinion on the coaching staff? Do you think they're incompetent like some posters here? Would love to hear the opinion of someone who knows football.

I think a a lot of people have forgotten the purpose of a message board.

Exactly. It's for nothing but good words and thoughts. The staff injects VolNation extract into the players intravenously at half time. That's what's been wrong with them in the 2nd half.

Fan negativity on a message board or social media website doesn't have a damn thing to do with this team's eventual 2-5 start in year 3.

Some are choosing to stay patient in year 7 of a perpetual rebuilding process for one of the top 5 universities in the history of the sport when combining past history and current resources, luxuries, and advantages.

Others are choosing to be critical of men being paid hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars, to coach football and believe it or not, may not be what some thought they would be, but because it makes the positive fans feel bad or unable to share rays of sunshine with a majority to justify their position, they start slinging just as much "shade" as those who are negative.

Inky has a personal connection to the football program and rightfully is going to be biased for positivity if the team was sitting at 2-8 in year 6.

Im simply tired of waiting for next season and refuse to do it for another seven years. I've seen all from Butch Jones that I need to see to form my opinion. He's a good recruiter and habitual micro manager. He's a terrible in game coach who has repeated poor results in big time games. That's not good enough for me. So I will continue to *****.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Have you given your opinion on the coaching staff? Do you think they're incompetent like some posters here? Would love to hear the opinion of someone who knows football.

VFL Fred White has certainly expressed his concerns and no offense to your question but I don't know how fair it is to put him on the spot like this, just my opinion though

I love and respect Inky but I wonder if he'll throw Butch under the bus if he gets fired as he does Dooley in defense of a new coach?

That's why he used blue font to convey that he was using sarcasm.

I get the sarcasm but still your defense against the negavols is they are irrational and childish. Then you follow it up by childish humor. Just saying, everyone is at the point of anger and can't wait to prove the other side right. From this point on I'm not on either side I'm just going to let things play out and whatever happens happens. So many are spending far to much time consuming themselves in something neither side has any control over. So lets just enjoy the ride and support the players. Go Vols beat UGA

You don't like how we lost, ok we get it. Now please get over it, it isnt about you!

It's about these kids turning it around and as long as the team walks on the field its our job to be there supporting and lifting them up!!

VN Store

Back