Inky reads Volnation

You don't like how we lost, ok we get it. Now please get over it, it isnt about you!

It's about these kids turning it around and as long as the team walks on the field its our job to be there supporting and lifting them up!!
That stadium is going to average 90,000-100,000 paying customers every home game regardless of how unacceptable the coaching decisions become and they will continue to yell in support when these young men, not kids, come out, through that "T", in support of their / our university.

95% of the boos and negativity has been directed at a man making $3million a year, who is an employee (and nothing more) not any of those players.

This is the part I'm getting tired of having to explain. If the student athlete is getting bashed for two weeks or more, step in front of it. The misunderstanding or indictment of fans going at CBJ, not the student athletes, is mind blowing.

Reactions: 5 people
More players than you think pay attention to this website.

And that's why one day I look for Rod Wilkes to go on a killing spree of folks wearing Tennessee gear.

Inky was recruited here, played here, was and is an integral part of the program... just who does he think he is and why should anyone listen to his pov?

Inky's post makes me believe he thinks we should all get participation trophies. This fanbase has every right to be pissed off about Tennessee football. It has been mismanaged and continues to be the laughing stock of college football. When Tennessee starts winning again, the negativity will cease. Nothing takes the place of victory.

#GoVols
#WinAFlippinGameButch

Reactions: 2 people
The way we lost? Our program/coaches would've looked better if we had gotten beat by 20 than by a score in overtime to ou and a point to uf? I really don't get that argument... We have obviously improved as a football program.

We've improved because now we are losing by a slimmer margin? Speaking of arguments, that makes no sense at all. When you fail an exam, does it really matter by how much?

I understand your logic, however, I don't agree with it. Derek Dooley and Butch Jones's records are virtually identical and Dooley had far less talent to work with. I am not sure that bodes well for Butch Jones in the grand scheme of things. Bottom line, many Tennessee fans have become conditioned to losing, and use a slimmer margin of defeat as the measuring tool for celebration. Butch Jones has underperformed. If 3 years is enough to get Will Muschamp fired, why should Tennessee's standards be any less? After all, hasn't Florida been the team Tennessee's been chasing the last 11 years?

The way we lost? Our program/coaches would've looked better if we had gotten beat by 20 than by a score in overtime to ou and a point to uf? I really don't get that argument... We have obviously improved as a football program.

Totally agree, ACvol3. If we got blown out in both games, looking totally inept and inefficient then yes, we would have reason to wonder. But damn, im glad we have taken it to these types of teams now for 4 quarters.

We've improved because now we are losing by a slimmer margin? Speaking of arguments, that makes no sense at all. When you fail an exam, does it really matter by how much?

I understand your logic, however, I don't agree with it. Derek Dooley and Butch Jones's records are virtually identical and Dooley had far less talent to work with. I am not sure that bodes well for Butch Jones in the grand scheme of things. Bottom line, many Tennessee fans have become conditioned to losing, and use a slimmer margin of defeat as the measuring tool for celebration. Butch Jones has underperformed. If 3 years is enough to get Will Muschamp fired, why should Tennessee's standards be any less? After all, hasn't Florida been the team Tennessee's been chasing the last 11 years?

I have to disagree.

First, the team that Butch inherited from Dooley was MUCH worse than what Fulmer/Kiffen left for Dooley. The talent on the team has been added over the last two recruiting cylces and that is seen just by looking at the depth chart.

To stick with your analogy, you are right - if you fail an exam it doesn't matter if it is by 1 pt or 99 pts. You failed that one exam.

UT doesn't play ONE game every season. And butch hasn't coached just one season. Over a season you can track improvement by how competitively your games are played. Over a few seasons you have the opportunity to watch a kid like Hurd develop.

I know it sucks to lose how we have been losing (and it really pizzez me off too) but I remember Sunseri's defense losing that game to FL in 2012 in a humiliating blow out. I would much rather be sick to my stomach over a close loss than numbly accept that UT has gotten progressively worse over the last few years.

The margin of victory matters. This team is better that it has been in years. Butch just needs to make some damn changes and I, for one, think he will.

What if we are 7-5 or 8-4 next year and the streaks are continuing. We don't know. Do we then wait another year?

Why do u say that? Nobody has answered me yet

I didn't bother to read the thread the first time. FBI polygraph and an extensive background check, followed by hours of grueling one on one interviews with interrogation experts.

Either that or IPs. I'm not a computer guy

Reactions: 1 person
I have to disagree.

First, the team that Butch inherited from Dooley was MUCH worse than what Fulmer/Kiffen left for Dooley. The talent on the team has been added over the last two recruiting cylces and that is seen just by looking at the depth chart.

To stick with your analogy, you are right - if you fail an exam it doesn't matter if it is by 1 pt or 99 pts. You failed that one exam.

UT doesn't play ONE game every season. And butch hasn't coached just one season. Over a season you can track improvement by how competitively your games are played. Over a few seasons you have the opportunity to watch a kid like Hurd develop.

I know it sucks to lose how we have been losing (and it really pizzez me off too) but I remember Sunseri's defense losing that game to FL in 2012 in a humiliating blow out. I would much rather be sick to my stomach over a close loss than numbly accept that UT has gotten progressively worse over the last few years.

The margin of victory matters. This team is better that it has been in years. Butch just needs to make some damn changes and I, for one, think he will.

I think both of our points are valid, however, let me ask you this... When will it be time for Butch Jones to win games of substance? Year 4? 5? 6? Just curious.

I mean it less in the literal sense of "inky said he reads VN" and more in the what he's talking about is applicable to a majority of what's being posted/said on VN

Next time consider:

"A message from Inky"

"We could all learn something from Inky"

"Inky Johnson's apposite exhortation"

"What would Inky do?"

"A much needed breath of sensibility from Inky"

"Sagacious insight from Inky"

"Inky is a real fan"

"Why I love Inky"

Or even, if you must:

"It's as if Inky reads VN"

Reactions: 1 person
Fan negativity on a message board or social media website doesn't have a damn thing to do with this team's eventual 2-5 start in year 3.

Some are choosing to stay patient in year 7 of a perpetual rebuilding process for one of the top 5 universities in the history of the sport when combining past history and current resources, luxuries, and advantages.

Others are choosing to be critical of men being paid hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars, to coach football and believe it or not, may not be what some thought they would be, but because it makes the positive fans feel bad or unable to share rays of sunshine with a majority to justify their position, they start slinging just as much "shade" as those who are negative.

Inky has a personal connection to the football program and rightfully is going to be biased for positivity if the team was sitting at 2-8 in year 6.

Im simply tired of waiting for next season and refuse to do it for another seven years. I've seen all from Butch Jones that I need to see to form my opinion. He's a good recruiter and habitual micro manager. He's a terrible in game coach who has repeated poor results in big time games. That's not good enough for me. So I will continue to *****.

Well too bad they aren't meeting your standards, but who the hell do you think you are? They don't owe you anything, and I would bet that 99% of the players/coaches don't know, or care, who the hell you are.

This is what I hate about our fanbase. People think that just bc they watch the games every Saturday, they deserve to get a win. Unless you are doing something to help the team win, this team doesn't owe you jack!

What if we are 7-5 or 8-4 next year and the streaks are continuing. We don't know. Do we then wait another year?

But we aren't. We haven't even made our way through October yet, man.

I don't begrudge anyone for being angry about losing and this is the place to complain BUT at least let the team get on the field before we start throwing losses on their record.

I don't get this board sometimes.

Well too bad they aren't meeting your standards, but who the hell do you think you are? They don't owe you anything, and I would bet that 99% of the players/coaches don't know, or care, who the hell you are.

This is what I hate about our fanbase. People think that just bc they watch the games every Saturday, they deserve to get a win. Unless you are doing something to help the team win, this team doesn't owe you jack!

Well why are the games played then? Can't we all just be honest with each other? Its time for Tennessee to start winning some damn football games.

Reactions: 5 people

Preach, brother.

Well why are the games played then? Can't we all just be honest with each other? Its time for Tennessee to start winning some damn football games.

I agree, I would love nothing more than for Tennessee to get back to dominating the SEC, but just bc it doesn't happen on your schedule doesn't mean they aren't improving.

Our fan base is so fickle that most will predict SEC Championships / National Championships all off season long, then at the first sight of adversity, they are ready to fire the coaches and bench the starters.

It's not as easy as running a dynasty on NCAA Football. Unfortunately, that's all the football experience most the ones doing all the b*+ching have.:crazy:

VN Store

Back