Injuries to J. Gilliam and J. Williams?

To clarify, I meant Darr clearly took a shot to his ankle (while exposed and unprotected), which should have undoubtedly been flagged. I don't think the Utah State player injured Darr on purpose. And after seeing the reply, I too was amazed he was able to walk off the field!

Oh I agree then

Seeing posts on Twitter with the words "season-ending" re: Gilliam's injury.

Nothing yet.

rumor on Twitter..I started a thread but it was deleted

UT Football Insider ‏@InsiderUT · 18m
Tennessee's win may have come at a cost yesterday; starting left tackle Jacob Gilliam's injury does not look good and could be year ending.

rumor on Twitter..I started a thread but it was deleted

UT Football Insider ‏@InsiderUT · 18m
Tennessee's win may have come at a cost yesterday; starting left tackle Jacob Gilliam's injury does not look good and could be year ending.

Only place I've seen this. I think they just speculating about the severity of the injury.

FWIW, Gilliam also tweeted at someone that he was going to be fine earlier today.

Did you watch the TV replay? That was gross! He rolled that ankle good! I turned away after I saw it. Thought it was broken...

I totally thought he had broken it as well. For the zebras not to throw a flag on that play was just plan crazy. How is that NOT A FLAG???? Very poor call on their part.

Also, it seemed that the ref stared down Darr for several seconds after the tackle took place. Not sure what that was about.

Seems like there's a story here. Blair in the doghouse?

According to Ryan Callahan on GoVols 247 he is likely to red shirt because he is not ready to play.

Darr injury was the worst. Williams played a lot after his. Gilliam was celebrating on the sidelines after J. Hurd ankle broke half the Utah st. D and Reeves Maybin got leg whipped and should be fine.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

i have really bad ankles I've rolled mine like that twice on the right and once on the left and the worst one was 6 weeks before the doctor would clear me to return to play basketball.. but i was able to do things within a week and a half its not his punting leg so i say he misses arkansas st. at most. and just comes back with a brace.

I am all for redshirting Blair as long as Gilliam continues to improve and does a good job. There is no point in wasting Blair's eligibility. If Gilliam gets hurt or doesn't live up to expectations, it is a different story. I would love to have Blair for two years after this year. He has the potential to be very good.

I am all for redshirting Blair as long as Gilliam continues to improve and does a good job. There is no point in wasting Blair's eligibility. If Gilliam gets hurt or doesn't live up to expectations, it is a different story. I would love to have Blair for two years after this year. He has the potential to be very good.

Plus it's the best opportunity for Blair to have a shot at the next level.

I don't think it's an issue of trying to redshirt Blair for the future. It's an issue that he can't play right now. Putting a LT in oh isn't ready to play will kill an offense quicker than anything.

If Blair could play now, he'd be the LT.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think it's an issue of trying to redshirt Blair for the future. It's an issue that he can't play right now. Putting a LT in oh isn't ready to play will kill an offense quicker than anything.

Hit the nail on the head.

I don't know whether Blair is ready or not. I'm no insider. My guess is that Gilliam has simply outplayed him in practice. If Gilliam continues to do so and stays healthy, I want Blair to redshirt. I know you normally bring in Junior College player to make an immediate impact, but if they have a redshirt year available, sometimes it is probably best to use it. Sometimes it just takes a year in the S&C program and some time to learn the system. I just don't think we should waste a year of his eligibility as a backup when he has so much potential. If Gilliam gets injured, it will be a different story.

Yes Jacob Gilliam hyper extended his knee per from his own mouth and Jordan was in a boot might miss next week due to precautionary reasons I would imagine that was what the boot was for. And that wasn't from Jordan's mouth I just seen him walk out in the family meet room.

I don't think it is the main issue, but it is a selling point in recruiting. Butch's ultimate goal is what is best for the team, no doubt. But he also seems to be the type of guy that sets these kids up to maximize their potential and get the best end result. And in Blair's case, it may be to redshirt and go through another strength and conditioning camp and try again next year. JUCO is still not major D-1 football. So adjustments have to be made when making the jump.

Did VolAllen take his talent evaluation skills to Hollywood?

I mean...he walked off the field didn't he? By the way he was acting, you'd have thought his leg was just blown off.

You're right. We need to recruit robots to punt. They tend to show no emotion when they land on their ankle with all of their body weight.

I mean...he walked off the field didn't he? By the way he was acting, you'd have thought his leg was just blown off.

Always wanted to know...did you write that gold BEFORE you saw the replay?...I was thinking Joe Theismann...before his leg got shortened by LT. :eek:

VN Store

Back