Injuries to J. Gilliam and J. Williams?

Gilliam looked fine or nothing serious anyway. Very late in the game he was up walking, smiling and chatting with Worley. May have had knee iced (couldn't see) but seemed to be moving around just fine.

Good to know.

Gilliam looked fine or nothing serious anyway. Very late in the game he was up walking, smiling and chatting with Worley. May have had knee iced (couldn't see) but seemed to be moving around just fine.

If he was smiling, hopefully that means the team orthopedist confirmed that he didn't tear any ligaments or anything. But the fact he was walking around by itself doesn't mean his knee is perfectly healthy. A lot of athletes (myself included) have continued to run around after tearing their ACLs without knowing it. I recall Jamal Anderson of the Atlanta Falcons jogged off the field after a non-contact injury that turned out to be a torn ACL.

We're not out of the woods for sure until we get an MRI back.

You're nuts. I almost threw up when I saw the replay. I can't believe he was able to walk off the field after that. I won't be surprised if he's not out for a while.

It was bad. It got a big reaction out of me when I saw the replay. So yeah, by Oscar - he must mean Oscar for being the biggest bad@ss out there for being able to even walk off the field after that.

Reactions: 2 people
Then he should have won it handily. That ankle rolled over 90 degrees to the inside. Having done that, I can assure you that it hurts and will literally scare the hell out of you.

An Active Ankle would have prevented that.

If he was smiling, hopefully that means the team orthopedist confirmed that he didn't tear any ligaments or anything. But the fact he was walking around by itself doesn't mean his knee is perfectly healthy. A lot of athletes (myself included) have continued to run around after tearing their ACLs without knowing it. I recall Jamal Anderson of the Atlanta Falcons jogged off the field after a non-contact injury that turned out to be a torn ACL.

I found out this summer that I tore my right ACL about 10-15 years ago.

Darr was trying to win an Oscar.

wait-what-meme-rage-face.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I was in the stadium so I didn't see what happened to Jacob Gilliam and Jordan Williams. I did see Williams return to the game, so I assume it wasn't serious, but is Gilliam okay? It looked like a knee injury.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see Dontavius Blair replace Gilliam when he went down. Any idea what happened there? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Redshirting Blair maybe? I would be cool with that.

Then he should have won it handily. That ankle rolled over 90 degrees to the inside. Having done that, I can assure you that it hurts and will literally scare the hell out of you.

I think he could have won an oscar for walking off the field like nothing happened. That impressed me.

Reactions: 3 people
I'll tell you what happened to Williams. He tee'd up Chuckie 3 seconds after he threw the ball, immediatly realized it was late, and then faked a cramp like he couldn't stop.

Oscar worthy, really.

I did not know that we had so many guys who could perform on the field and in the theatre.

No doubt. I was FUMING from the lack of a penalty call when he CLEARLY took a shot to his (unprotected) ankle! We should've gotten the ball back!

I agree, the usu player was trying to hit darr's unprotected ankle. imo, I thought it was intentional.

The way that Dar hit looked I expected the cart to come out for him. Really happy when he got up.

The 1st thing trainers do is a stability test. An ACL is pretty easy to diagnose as the knee joint has no lateral stability. There are text book test (pivot shift) A trainer can essentially move the knee joint and know if its a tear. Gilliam likely either had a sprain or a contusion.

I found this on twitter about Jacob Gilliam. It was posted 15 minutes ago.

k10
‏@Kris10_Williams S/o to my new ER buddy number 65 Jacob Gilliam and the old lady slightly fangirling over him.
#WereAllInThisTogether
#K10GoesToTheDr

VN Store

Back