If it was proven the Pats cheated...

Brady is one if my favorite QB's. I was really hoping he would have just been honest.

Troy Aikman had some strong quotes on Brady. He said, "it's obvious that Brady had something to do with balls being deflated." He also went on to say, "I can assure you that he knew about it, the league is less strict on ball regulations & the balls wouldn't be deflated unless the quarterback wants it that way. Now we need to find out if CBB had anything to do with it." Strong words from Aikman

Madden was saying Brady had to know if there was any wrongdoing.

I'm still on the fence about this. It's either nothing (weather deflating the balls), or it's pretty egregious cheating, IMO.

I'm still on the fence about this. It's either nothing (weather deflating the balls), or it's pretty egregious cheating, IMO.
Pretty sure they checked the Colts game balls. No issues found. Weather is not the culprit

The equipment manager, or whoever handles the balls and makes them how Brady wants them needs to come out & say how it went down. This is a big deal. It's straight up cheating... Brady just didn't think he'd get caught.

We used to let a little air out of footballs playing back yard two hand touch because you can throw bullets & make awesome one handed catches.

That would have to be some really interesting weather within the stadium to deflate 11 of 12 Patriots' footballs by at least 2.0 PSI while all of the 12 footballs provided by the Colts remained perfectly inflated. The Patriots cheated. There is no other explanation. Also, NOBODY would be messing with those footballs without explicit instructions from Tom Brady to do so.

There is now a report coming out that the grass in Foxboro was an illegal height and the goalposts were painted the wrong shade of yellow.

I understand that there are people upset that the letter of the law was not followed.

However, don't kid yourselves. Everyone who competes at that level is walking the edge and occasionally crossing the line.

This is seriously Mickey Mouse level stuff. Same goes for the Brad Johnson story.

If it wasn't for their history of shady tactics it would be a non story.

Funny thing is, this will probably just piss them off enough to come blow the doors off Seattle.

I haven't heard it mentioned yet but would the 12th ball that wasn't under inflated be the one used for kicking?

I haven't heard it mentioned yet but would the 12th ball that wasn't under inflated be the one used for kicking?

No. The "K" balls are completely separate and not provided by either team. There are 8 of them for each game and they are sent to and kept with (or by) the referee crew until gametime.

Watching the Mike and Mike show yesterday they had an NFL referee on a call who stated he was told by the NFL all 12 balls were under inflated, 11 were under by 2 pounds and the 12th was under the minimum but not 2 pounds. They ask him to repeat this information.

Funny I've not heard this reported by anyone else about the 12th ball

There is no way the NFL is going to hurt the marketability of the SB.

You could argue that the uproar over Brady being suspended would actually attract more interest in the game. That said, barring some irrefutable, massively incriminating piece of evidence coming to light in the next nine days, Brady's not getting suspended for the Super Bowl.

The 12th ball was most likely the "give away ball." Sometimes if a rookie DB gets his 1st int or something he will want to keep the ball (with the team the were playing's logo on it). He must get permission from the other team. They would have sent over the ball that was not 2 pounds under weight & had a small mark on it (to easily tell apart from Tom's underinflated balls) for the player to keep.

Reactions: 1 person
The 12th ball was most likely the "give away ball." Sometimes if a rookie DB gets his 1st int or something he will want to keep the ball (with the team the were playing's logo on it). He must get permission from the other team. They would have sent over the ball that was not 2 pounds under weight & had a small mark on it (to easily tell apart from Tom's underinflated balls) for the player to keep.

This theory is properly inflated.

So...... New England's footballs passed inspection prior to the game, were confiscated at halftime, tested and failed, replaced with different footballs for the second half, and passed inspection after the game. Indianapolis' footballs were fine for the game.

Cheating bastards.

Not really related, but I just heard Michael Bennett say Aaron Rodgers is like Captain America when he's big and tough and that Tom Brady is the little "weasel" version.

They should make an example out of Tom Brady like they did the Saints for Bounty-Gate... Some kind of severe penalty is needed.

Please tell me you're joking. Funny how Brady put up better stats in the second half AFTER the balls were fixed.

You actually think this is as egregious as offering money to players to try and hurt other players?

Reactions: 1 person
You could argue that the uproar over Brady being suspended would actually attract more interest in the game. That said, barring some irrefutable, massively incriminating piece of evidence coming to light in the next nine days, Brady's not getting suspended for the Super Bowl.

Nor should he be suspended for it.

lmao +1

VN Store

Back