If it was proven the Pats cheated...

My thoughts exactly. There was a check put into place to prevent this kind of thing from happening and that check failed.

Or the only ball the ref checked was the 12th one that was inflated properly.

There was a point early in the game when they stopped play to switch balls. The announcers thought they got the kicking ball and game ball mixed up.

(And that's a big if) but why is it if you're cheating in college you get wins stripped from you (or in Penn States situation something unrelated) but if the Pats were proven to have cheated in the game they would likely just lose a draft pick(s)? Shouldnt they forfeit the SB?

You really want them to flat out cancel the Super Bowl less than two weeks in advance?

They aren't going to cancel the Super Bowl. Too much money for the league to lose.

Besides, the deflated balls may have given them a slight edge but that doesn't account for 38 points.

This will be a slap on the wrist.

And the cities of Phoenix and Greendale.

And all the sponsors.

And the host network showing it.

And everyone that had purchased advertising space.

They should suspend Belicheat immediately for the SB and next season. Fine the Pats substantially, and take away some draft picks.

Gotta come down harder for a repeat offender.

They won't though. Goodell's policy for controversy seems to be somewhere in the area of let it drag on / sweep it under the rug / play it down until football games are played, and then most everyone will forget about it.

They won't though. Goodell's policy for controversy seems to be somewhere in the area of let it drag on / sweep it under the rug / play it down until football games are played, and then most everyone will forget about it.

I know they won't, but they should. Which is why I said they should lol

I know they won't, but they should. Which is why I said they should lol

Oh, I think they should as well.

I'm partially curious to how the NFL Coaches Association would react to such, though.

Edit: Oh. It turns out that apparently Belichick is the only head coach in the league that's not a member.

Feels like the NFL has two options here (depending on the outcome of the investigation):
throw the Patriots under the bus or throw the Refs under the bus.

What if something crazy happened, like BB got a lifetime ban from the NFL?

Brady had to know about it, right? Why would you tamper with the balls without the QB knowing? This doesn't look good. Definitely doesn't account for a 38 point victory, but it's damning to legacies that were already marred by scandal.

Reactions: 1 person
Feels like the NFL has two options here (depending on the outcome of the investigation):
throw the Patriots under the bus or throw the Refs under the bus.

Third option: Pats pay their ball boys to take the fall. "I did it but no one else on the team knew about it." Then Coach B and Tom can tell the media how shocked and disappointed they are. NFL says case closed.

I agree to some point, but if they have created this way and also with the spygate from a few years ago, what have they done that they haven't been caught for yet? I definitely raises some suspicions imo.

Don't forget about the scorboard/clock malfunction when Baltimore was in scoring position in the AFC CG a few years ago too.

Shady organization.

Reactions: 2 people
So Graham Gano is saying a deflated ball is hard to kick, and that he has problems with that in cold weather.

People immediately think that exonerates the Pats, but Gano isn't able to say if it's 5% deflation from the cold, or 16% (like the Patriots had). Also, it begs the question - why do the Patriots have 1 inflated ball? Is that the one for kicking? LMAO

Last edited:
The greatest player to ever play the game, Jerry Rice, called the Patriots cheaters on twitter.

And Jackie McMullen who is a Boston fan said they should be punished.

Anyone who never stopped considering the Patriots cheaters(me being one of those people) were given just as much crap for thinking the Patriots are cheaters as the Patriots got for being caught cheating. They're a bunch of overrated bums that have 0 titles without cheating. When you have guys like Jerry Rice who caught the ball more than anyone else says it's cheating and Aaron Rodgers who is a rhythm QB and one of the best QB's in the league says it affects you throwing when you're used to them being full, you have to call the Patriots out for what they are, cheaters. Just because they played with the same balls doesn't mean it's not cheating. If the Patriots planned on playing with deflated balls, they obviously practiced with them leading up to the game which gives them an unfair advantage.

With that being said, f*** the Patriots. I hope Seattle beats Brady up like the Saints beat Favre up. And on top of that, I hope Russel Wilson pelts Beli-chick in the face with a football like Moxon did in Varsity Blues. Patriots can...
tumblr_lmotekKe1E1qfqcmfo1_400.gif

Reactions: 3 people
What if something crazy happened, like BB got a lifetime ban from the NFL?

Brady had to know about it, right? Why would you tamper with the balls without the QB knowing? This doesn't look good. Definitely doesn't account for a 38 point victory, but it's damning to legacies that were already marred by scandal.

Even my 9 year old kid knows that footballs are easier to catch and throw if they're not all the way pumped up. There is zero chance Brady couldn't tell. And almost zero chance that it wasn't done at his behest. Nothing happens to NFL game balls without the QB's approval.

The only question is whether this is widespread and it happens every week and it's like getting worked up over the pine tar on George Brett's bat. Matt Leinart seems to think so, but we probably need to hear from a real NFL quarterback instead.

Even my 9 year old kid knows that footballs are easier to catch and throw if they're not all the way pumped up. There is zero chance Brady couldn't tell. And almost zero chance that it wasn't done at his behest. Nothing happens to NFL game balls without the QB's approval.

The only question is whether this is widespread and it happens every week and it's like getting worked up over the pine tar on George Brett's bat. Matt Leinart seems to think so, but we probably need to hear from a real NFL quarterback instead.

If a linebacker can tell something is weird with a ball, then of course any RB, QB,or WR can also tell. What seems inexplicable to me is why didn't the referees notice? Are they that out-of-touch with the game that they can't tell when a ball is properly inflated?

I doubt that the Pats are the only ones doing it. Cold weather outdoor teams probably notice the difference more and are the most likely suspects.

VN Store

Back