I know this will tic off most VOLS fans but...

I just think kids want excitement, and this is exciting. No one thinks running threw a T is cool except us, I like what we have but to win we need good players and to get good players we need some energy and excitement into our program. Im not looking for a fight on a message board I just wanted to see what VN thought about this. I guess I got my answer :banghead2:

wow. you really do have a brain

I just think kids want excitement, and this is exciting. No one thinks running threw a T is cool except us, I like what we have but to win we need good players and to get good players we need some energy and excitement into our program. Im not looking for a fight on a message board I just wanted to see what VN thought about this. I guess I got my answer :banghead2:

If the kids aren't excited about running through the T then they can go hop up and down listening to some crappy 90's music elsewhere. Let's count all of VA Tech's NC's together. Ok, I'm done, are you still counting?

If we're going to do something else, do something that's actually awesome, like the haka.

See:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y[/YOUTUBE]

Like Ive said I have been to every game for the last 9 or 10 years!

And our entrance doesn't get you pumped up? Where do you sit? Personally I'm like a kid on Christmas that can't wait to open his presents (watch the game unfold) when I watch the team run through the T. Watching the Vols run on the field while everyone is screaming and going crazy has got to be one of my favorite feelings in the world. And I personally wouldn't change a thing. That video was exciting but I think what we have now is as exciting as any teams entrance in the country.

Yeah but all im saying is it would be sick to do this 1 or 2 times a year, I get tradition but its about time we start some new traditions!

NEW traditions? how i it a tradition if it has never been done?.....your use of the word EPIC says it all for me...:no:

I am young as well, but every time I see the Pride of the Southland open the "T" and the football team run through it, I get chills every single time.

Reactions: 2 people
"Rocky Top" and the T performance are part of the reasons I became a fan. Don't fix it if it ain't broken. And I don't think it's an age thing, I think it's a perspective thing. I am 24 and I LOVE IT.

Reactions: 1 person
this is one of those threads where you are like a half fan and you think since we have a had like 4 bad years that they traditions you think you know and like should be changed and will make us undefeated. the true is kiffin destroyed our program and we are working out of it. getting rid of one our best traditions to make "the kids" sing for 10 seconds isn't going to help

I think what Va. Tech does is cool...for them and yes sorta badazz BUT the way UT does it is bigtime special and the only thing UT needs to change is the win/loss columns.

To win we need good players, yes. To get good players we need some energy and excitement into a program, yes....the kind of energy and excitement that teams get out of WINNING a game or two that actually MATTER. UF and UGA games come to mind.

VN Store

Back