I know this will tic off most VOLS fans but...

No it wouldn't. College football is about tradition, not piped in 80s metal. Ask any team that's used to winning.

Reactions: 32 people
If we came out like this it would be so EPIC!

Virginia Tech Enter Sandman Entrance - YouTube

Just imagine 100,000+ jumping around, it would be the best home field advantage ever! Look I know most of you dont like this but I think if we did this it would be sick. The song is Enter Sandman! GO VOLS!

Love the song, and its a great idea for Tech. I believe we have our tradition, and don't see it changing. I also feel bad for what is about to happen to you.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 19 people

Attachments

• OhLookagain.jpg
    OhLookagain.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,468
Reactions: 40 people
No it wouldn't. College football is about tradition, not piped in 80s metal. Ask any team that's used to winning.

Yeah but all im saying is it would be sick to do this 1 or 2 times a year, I get tradition but its about time we start some new traditions!

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah but all im saying is it would be sick to do this 1 or 2 times a year, I get tradition but its about time we start some new traditions!

I remember this one time we wore black jerseys. Since then, we are 1-9 outside the state of Tennessee.

Lets stick with what worked for the first 110+ years.

Reactions: 9 people
I just think kids want excitement, and this is exciting. No one thinks running threw a T is cool except us, I like what we have but to win we need good players and to get good players we need some energy and excitement into our program. Im not looking for a fight on a message board I just wanted to see what VN thought about this. I guess I got my answer :banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm all for something that hypes kids up and keeps them interested. Just please for the love of God don't let it be washed up Metallica songs.

I just think kids want excitement, and this is exciting. No one thinks running threw a T is cool except us, I like what we have but to win we need good players and to get good players we need some energy and excitement into our program. Im not looking for a fight on a message board I just wanted to see what VN thought about this. I guess I got my answer :banghead2:

Why do we need them to?

Reactions: 4 people
I'm all for something that hypes kids up and keeps them interested. Just please for the love of God don't let it be washed up Metallica songs.

Im currently a high school football player so I know how kids my age think. But be honest do you really think rocky top pumps up 18 year old kids?

Reactions: 1 person

Who cares if others don't think it's cool? Several former and current Vols say their favorite gameday tradition is running through the T. I don't think that's something to mess with. It's decades-old tradition, and it's a thing of beauty.

Reactions: 2 people
Im currently a high school football player so I know how kids my age think. But be honest do you really think rocky top pumps up 18 year old kids?

I'm 22, and every time my Vols run through the T and I hear Rocky Top my eyes start watering, heart races, get chills rolling down my back, chest swells up with pride. So please don't say this is an outdated tradition, that's ridiculous.

Reactions: 11 people
I'm 22, and every time my Vols run through the T and I hear Rocky Top my eyes start watering, heart races, get chills rolling down my back, chest swells up with pride. So please don't say this is an outdated tradition, that's ridiculous.

Its not outdated Im just saying it would be cool if for 1 game we would do it.

VN Store

Back