I know this will tic off most VOLS fans but...

Yeah but all im saying is it would be sick to do this 1 or 2 times a year, I get tradition but its about time we start some new traditions!

tradition and it's called losing. We don't need anymore of that bs tradition change.

Just because I like a different intro doesnt mean im not a fan, I love the T but I just want to see everyone get super hyped like VT does. Im all VOL believe me!

I must be sitting in a very strange place in the stadium because the people around me are going nuts.

Reactions: 5 people
I always feel sorry for the band at VT when I see that entrance. They're basically reduced to being human construction barrels. Same thing at SC when they pipe in 2001 for their entrance.

Reactions: 6 people
Just because I like a different intro doesnt mean im not a fan, I love the T but I just want to see everyone get super hyped like VT does. Im all VOL believe me!

I think the VT entrance is awesome, but ours is awesome, too. When our team is good, Neyland Stadium arguably becomes the toughest place to play in all of college football, and when Down the Field plays as the team runs though the T, the place erupts. I think the only thing that needs to change is the product on the field.

Reactions: 3 people

I've been to over a dozen Tech games. Trust me Neyland gets 10x louder with running through the T than Enter Sandman. The difference is the state of the program not the intro.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the VT entrance is awesome, but ours is awesome, too. When our team is good, Neyland Stadium arguably becomes the toughest place to play in all of college football, and when Down the Field plays as the team runs though the T, the place erupts. I think the only thing that needs to change is the product on the field.

I agree.

I must be sitting in a very strange place in the stadium because the people around me are going nuts.

OP must sit with the gray-hairs. Running through the T is one of the most exciting, unique, and powerful traditions in ALL of sports. No need to have any music other than the sounds of The Pride accompanying the beautiful experience.

Why are you so defensive when the title of your brilliant thread is "I know this will tic off most VOLS fans but..."?

If Sandman flips your wig I am sure that there is an empty seat in Blacksburg you could occupy for your enjoyment.

There is VT with their fake entrance and then there is UT with the traditional opening of the T with Down the Field. There is no comparison.

Reactions: 3 people
OP must sit with the gray-hairs. Running through the T is one of the most exciting, unique, and powerful traditions in ALL of sports. No need to have any music other than the sounds of The Pride accompanying the beautiful experience.

I try to sit in the loud section, and your right it does get pretty hyped.

If Sandman flips your wig I am sure that there is an empty seat in Blacksburg you could occupy for your enjoyment.

There is VT with their fake entrance and then there is UT with the traditional opening of the T with Down the Field. There is no comparison.

Well there is plenty of seats at neyland now since half the stadium is empty. So ill go with the cheaper tickets:p

[SARCASM] But VT has smoke. Metallica + smoke = cool. [/SARCASM]

College football is not about tradition anymore kids could careless about that. You scream tradition when you have no present accomplishment. The quicker we drop this idea that tradition is what matters the better off we will be. Stir the pot fir goodness sake even Bama does it a little.

Im currently a high school football player so I know how kids my age think. But be honest do you really think rocky top pumps up 18 year old kids?

Really? Metallica has some really good stuff.

Oops. Quoted wrong person. Too lazy to change it.

I just think kids want excitement, and this is exciting. No one thinks running threw a T is cool except us, I like what we have but to win we need good players and to get good players we need some energy and excitement into our program. Im not looking for a fight on a message board I just wanted to see what VN thought about this. I guess I got my answer :banghead2:

yepper, I'd say you did.:)

VN Store

Back