I know this will tic off most VOLS fans but...

Nice to see some of our younger fans standing up for 110 years of tradition. Leave the cartwheels and clowns to Vandy ( remember the Black/yellow clowns vandy used to have?)....leave the smoke to USC and a dozen other wannabe teams, keep running through the T to down the field

Maybe play 'touchdown Tennessee' during time outs....

Today's deli: Rib Eye w/ provolone on white w/ mustard, peppers & pickles, Sour Onion chips and a draft beer

#mymotivation is the color of the jersey, my brother standing next to me, and the sound of Rocky Top playing off in the distance. #VFL -- Alden Hill (@RockyTopHILL30)

Yup. You guys are just SO right about kids not getting hyped up about Rocky Top, aren't ya? Seriously, OP, please go be a VT fan because your complete lack of respect for this school's tradition is sickening. Or better yet, next time you go to a game at Neyland Stadium take a cigarette, a lighter (for the smoke that you just HAVE to see), an iPod (or any other device that can play music), and headphones. That way while the other hundred thousand people are screaming when the Vols run through the T, you can have your desired effect. Good luck trying to drown us out, though!

Reactions: 3 people
I'm 22, and every time my Vols run through the T and I hear Rocky Top my eyes start watering, heart races, get chills rolling down my back, chest swells up with pride. So please don't say this is an outdated tradition, that's ridiculous.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You're eyes should start watering. They don't play Rocky Top when running through the T

If you want this played at UT games then you must want us to stop running through the T cause the two just wouldnt fit together. I've been to Lane Stadium, which is much smaller than Neyland and it fits with the way they run onto the field. I love rock music and hate country music but I get chills when I see our players running through the T with Rocky Top blasting.

Another "fan" hearing something that has never been played when the team runs through the T.

I don't know what is worse, fans wanting to change traditions or fans, like this one, not having the first clue about our traditions

You're eyes should start watering. They don't play Rocky Top when running through the T

He didn't say they were running through the T while they play Rockytop, he said when when the Vols run through the T and they play Rockytop. Maybe he is emotional throughout the game.

Hate Va Tech.
They suck, and always will.
Why would we lower ourselves to emulate a hogie.

I lived and worked in SW Virginia. VA Tech fans do not like TN. They have always had a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Tn.
And guess what, in SW Va., everyone, and I mean everyone is related.
That is why they all call each other cuz!. No joke.

Last edited:
I don't know too much about our tradition yet, but I do know that ROCKYTOP is awesome and that it should always be a part of our entrance... As much as I like Enter Sandman, it's no rockytop. Rockytop stays... No argument.

I don't know too much about our tradition yet, but I do know that ROCKYTOP is awesome and that it should always be a part of our entrance... As much as I like Enter Sandman, it's no rockytop. Rockytop stays... No argument.

Rocky top is in the pre-game, but they play fight down the field. You need to look it up, it is the actual fight song of the school. Rocky top is the unnoficial.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back