I-85 Collapse In Atlanta

Not really sure why that seems counterintuitive, but in the end ATL traffic is all a guess. I go through downtown almost every single time rather than take 285 and deal with the top end, spaghetti junction etc. It's sort of like sitting at a slot machine though. You never know where the wreck is going to be, so you just pick a route and roll with it.

because if you want to avoid traffic the first thing you think of doing is going away from where the majority of cars are not into it.

I think I can get there in 3.5 hrs. If so that's putting me there 3:30ish if I leave a 11. By your suggestion I should be semi safe but again Atl traffic is a crap shoot

because if you want to avoid traffic the first thing you think of doing is going away from where the majority of cars are not into It

Problem is, 285 has become just another place for high volume to go. It's as bad as downtown is; especially on the north side.

Apparently, they have already selected a contractor with a unique quick fix.

Attachments

• highway.jpg
    highway.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 3 people
Saw this elsewhere but chuckled a little bit.

Police have released a photo of the suspected I-85 arsonist.

Attachments

• IMG_6446.JPG
    IMG_6446.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: 4 people
Found this on a local news page.

Attachments

• IMG_3843.JPG
    IMG_3843.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 109
Went to work in one of my restaurants in McDonough. Was on the road at noon on a Saturday. Took an extra 30 minutes. This is going to be a disaster.

Went to work in one of my restaurants in McDonough. Was on the road at noon on a Saturday. Took an extra 30 minutes. This is going to be a disaster.

You have good food? I like to eat!😬

There are back roads from Chattanooga through the mountains that you could take, but I'm sure it'd be a lot longer.

Listen up fellers... I got a tip from ole Joe, he's a good-en, we get off of I95 and take this here short cut, be there by noon.
GG0415_Deliverance_04.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
You have good food? I like to eat!😬

I oversee a bunch of corporate casual dining restaurants. You would know the name as soon as I told you. I am sure you have dined with us at some point.

That's a long way of saying meh. But we are good at what we try to do. That's feed the masses at a price equal to the quality you pay for.

I oversee a bunch of corporate casual dining restaurants. You would know the name as soon as I told you. I am sure you have dined with us at some point.

That's a long way of saying meh. But we are good at what we try to do. That's feed the masses at a price equal to the quality you pay for.

Cool, keep it up then!

A thought for those traveling to Augusta: the drive from Tellico plains through the Nantahala and Chattahoochee forests (68-60) is beautiful and really pretty smooth. Even if you break even, it's much cooler than sitting in Atlanta traffic. Give it a thought.

We made it to Athens in 4 flat last year for the game.

A thought for those traveling to Augusta: the drive from Tellico plains through the Nantahala and Chattahoochee forests (68-60) is beautiful and really pretty smooth. Even if you break even, it's much cooler than sitting in Atlanta traffic. Give it a thought.

We made it to Athens in 4 flat last year for the game.

That's part of the back roads I was speaking of. I go back to Kentucky that way sometimes, love the drive. You can come that way and cross blood mountain in Georgia, and take a couple different routes on to Augusta.

well, I'm pulling the trigger and going thru Knoxville-Asheville-etc.. Takes the Atl risk completely out of it. Worst thing is it might take a little longer to get there. Best thing is we get to stop at Gus for lunch.

well, I'm pulling the trigger and going thru Knoxville-Asheville-etc.. Takes the Atl risk completely out of it. Worst thing is it might take a little longer to get there. Best thing is we get to stop at Gus for lunch.

Are you returning thru Atlanta? It looked like it's not nearly as bad in that direction on the northern leg of I-285 WB. But on Friday Waze was directing WB traffic on I-20 to stay on 20 all the way to I-75. That just seems wrong... like a lot of the displaced I-85 NB traffic would end up on I-75 N.

My friend was just in Atlanta for a conference. She actually arrived sometime before the bridge collapsed. She stayed at the Double Tree near the airport in south Atlanta. She drove back this evening to Knoxville without any issues. Total time was 3 hours and 15 minutes. It was a Sunday though and she left around 4 pm so there was no rush hour traffic.

Are you returning thru Atlanta? It looked like it's not nearly as bad in that direction on the northern leg of I-285 WB. But on Friday Waze was directing WB traffic on I-20 to stay on 20 all the way to I-75. That just seems wrong... like a lot of the displaced I-85 NB traffic would end up on I-75 N.

yeah, coming back late on Tuesday night and I'm going thru Atl. My guess is we leave Augusta about 6 putting me in Atl around 8 so traffic should be less. I'll check WAZE to see if I should take 285 or go straight in and take 75n

VN Store

Back