I-85 Collapse In Atlanta

Should make driving through ATL more interesting.

What's the latest on how long will it take to fix?

Longer thread in the Pub. Months to repair. Commuters that live in the northern suburbs and work downtown are screwed.

Shouldn't take that long. They rebuilt 40 in 2 months.

If they do like they did there, 1 million dollars a day bonus for every day it's finished early and get DOT out of the way so the trucks can run (like they finally did in Oklahoma) it can be repaired quickly

Shouldn't take that long. They rebuilt 40 in 2 months.

If they do like they did there, 1 million dollars a day bonus for every day it's finished early and get DOT out of the way so the trucks can run (like they finally did in Oklahoma) it can be repaired quickly

Oklahoma>Atlanta

I looked at Waze on line and see that 285 west has construction down to one lane M-F 9-4. Great. I'm screwed in any direction I try to go.

I looked at Waze on line and see that 285 west has construction down to one lane M-F 9-4. Great. I'm screwed in any direction I try to go.

Just go straight down 75 to I-20. As long as you hit town before about 4:00, it shouldn't be a big deal.

You could take 40 all the way to Asheville then cut down through Greenville/Spartanburg. Is that much longer?

I'll trust you but that is so counter intuitive
Not really sure why that seems counterintuitive, but in the end ATL traffic is all a guess. I go through downtown almost every single time rather than take 285 and deal with the top end, spaghetti junction etc. It's sort of like sitting at a slot machine though. You never know where the wreck is going to be, so you just pick a route and roll with it.

You could take 40 all the way to Asheville then cut down through Greenville/Spartanburg. Is that much longer?

Maybe an option From East TN, but from Nashville, that seems crazy out of the way.

I'm in LA right now so I'm not there to see exactly how it is, but how's the traffic during rush our and during non rush hour times?

I'm in LA right now so I'm not there to see exactly how it is, but how's the traffic during rush our and during non rush hour times?

Depends on who runs into whom and where. Sometimes you hardly touch the brakes from 9:00-3:30ish. Also a lot better going East/West on I20 than North/South on 75/85.

VN Store

Back