How many wins do we need to have a successful season in 2014?

How many wins are needed for 2014 to be a successful season for the Vols?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Find a post where I say the players suck. Take your time. It will be a lot easier for you to find posts of me being critical of the staff.

It's just that, now, it's the offseason. We met the goals of the season, and curb stomped Iowa in the bowl game. So, I really don't have anything to complain about.

I know, I know, life's not as complete for you if you're not being an ass.

I was referring to VOLINVONORE's post (you know the one I was responding to in the post you quoted).

Last edited:
I was referring to VOLINVONORE's post (you know the one I was responding to in the post you quoted).

My apologies, you are correct. It doesn't make him any better of a fan for saying that, but you can't say that switching from a 4-3, to a 3-4, back to a 4-3 in three seasons had nothing to do with the performance.

How is it that someone is a Vols fan if they trash the players and say they "suck" and we have less talent than Vanderbilt, but you aren't a Vols fan if you say anything critical of the coaches?

I am a Vols fan. I am a fan of the team, not a coach. I will not denigrate the program or the players to provide excuses for an individual.

Because you do it in very specific ways that always point to the most negative possible future outlook for Tennessee. It's not that hard to notice. Your opinion of UT players (and overall talent, I guess) always seems to pick up once they're no longer part of the program. But when they are here, you certainly go out of your way to have a low opinion of the players too. And when you can't talk about the players or the coaches, you always talk about how the program is now at an "Ole Miss level" and will never be back as a national power. We can't enter a thread anymore without you putting up a straw man so you can bash the program. It's constant, it's repetitive, and everyone here is sick of it.

Reactions: 3 people
In 2013, Vandy had more talent than we did. We had the better OL and receivers, but we sucked on defense.

Vandy was not as talented as we were. We gave that game away. Their entire secondary was injured and we still couldn't close them out. No excuse for losing the game. There is also no doubt Tennessee is on the rise and this staff can flat out recruit.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back