How many wins do we need to have a successful season in 2014?

How many wins are needed for 2014 to be a successful season for the Vols?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
USU, AST, UTC, Mizzou, Vandy, and Ky should be wins. OSU and Bama should be losses. Then you have the Gators, UGA, Ole Miss, and USC. All should be tough, but not unbeatable. We should get at least 1 of those.

7 wins to be successful IMO.

Hmm..makes me wonder why he's still always complaining.

Because this is the thread and proof of what a Negavol is from the other thread.. they try and deflect it to others who predicted to many wins in the off season.

But in truth a Negavol is someone who votes on a poll that 7 wins is a success and then does nothing but bash the coaches when they achieve 7 wins.

They refuse to be happy about anything..

/end thread

Reactions: 8 people
Yep, one successful season and one unsuccessful season based on my last two polls. Isn't that pretty much the definition of "average"?

lol, so even tho this team improved and did something it has not done in a long time, your still not happy with anything.

being an average team is a huge win considering our past,
now I guess you dont want to admit that but keep on finding ways to make your point that you are correct about our team not being the SEC/NC champs this year.

Reactions: 3 people
lol, so even tho this team improved and did something it has not done in a long time, your still not happy with anything.

being an average team is a huge win considering our past,
now I guess you dont want to admit that but keep on finding ways to make your point that you are correct about our team not being the SEC/NC champs this year.

I never said this season was unsuccessful. Unfortunately, "successful" does not equal "immune from criticism" as many of you believe.

Reactions: 2 people
You may want to look up the word "undisputed." It doesn't mean what you think it means.

Less than 5% of the poll results = such an small number as to be statistically insignificant. The word choice might have been poor, but the idea was right. Don't be a pedant.

I never said this season was unsuccessful. Unfortunately, "successful" does not equal "immune from criticism" as many of you believe.

See the thing here is.. If you had even 1 out of your 3,500 posts on this site the proved you had any amount of football IQ.. your criticism might mean something. But as it stands now, the only thing it sounds like is the whining of a child who does not get their way.

At least with Dooley, the people complaining had a leg to stand on.. there were many games we "should" have won that we did not.

But there is not a single game in CBJ's career at Tennessee that we had a talent/experience advantage where we should have won the game and didn't.

In fact it is the opposite.. he has won games where we were out talented and we pulled out the win anyway. Even though we were also less experienced.

All you do is make post after post bashing coaches when you know absolutely nothing about what it takes to do the job they do.

It is akin to any male complaining about a woman not giving birth the correct way. Or a white guy complaining about a Chinese person not being Asian enough.

It just sounds idiotic...

Reactions: 5 people
See the thing here is.. If you had even 1 out of your 3,500 posts on this site the proved you had any amount of football IQ.. your criticism might mean something. But as it stands now, the only thing it sounds like is the whining of a child who does not get their way.

I guess I could demonstrate more maturity by resorting to personal attacks against posters who say something I don't like on an internet messageboard. Good point.

But there is not a single game in CBJ's career at Tennessee that we had a talent/experience advantage where we should have won the game and didn't.

You are aware that in 2013 we lost, at home to Vanderbilt, right? In a game where we started 13 4-star recruits (many of them upperclassmen) and they started 1 4-star recruit.

If you are arguing that we didn't have enough talent or experience to win that game, then I really don't see how you can argue that Dooley lost alot of games where he had an advantage.

If we rely on unbiased third parties, Butch has lost as many games where he was favored as he has won games where he was the underdog.

I guess I could demonstrate more maturity by resorting to personal attacks against posters who say something I don't like on an internet messageboard. Good point.

You are aware that in 2013 we lost, at home to Vanderbilt, right? In a game where we started 13 4-star recruits (many of them upperclassmen) and they started 1 4-star recruit.

If you are arguing that we didn't have enough talent or experience to win that game, then I really don't see how you can argue that Dooley lost alot of games where he had an advantage.

If we rely on unbiased third parties, Butch has lost as many games where he was favored as he has won games where he was the underdog.

In 2013, Vandy had more talent than we did. We had the better OL and receivers, but we sucked on defense.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously, why are you a Vols fan? I mean, you'll compliment every other team, but the Vols.

How is it that someone is a Vols fan if they trash the players and say they "suck" and we have less talent than Vanderbilt, but you aren't a Vols fan if you say anything critical of the coaches?

I am a Vols fan. I am a fan of the team, not a coach. I will not denigrate the program or the players to provide excuses for an individual.

How is it that someone is a Vols fan if they trash the players and say they "suck" and we have less talent than Vanderbilt, but you aren't a Vols fan if you say anything critical of the coaches?

I am a Vols fan. I am a fan of the team, not a coach. I will not denigrate the program or the players to provide excuses for an individual.

Find a post where I say the players suck. Take your time. It will be a lot easier for you to find posts of me being critical of the staff.

It's just that, now, it's the offseason. We met the goals of the season, and curb stomped Iowa in the bowl game. So, I really don't have anything to complain about.

I know, I know, life's not as complete for you if you're not being an ass.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back