How long does C. Martin have to show improvement?

Don't ever underestimate the stupidity and bravado of an internet athletic director. I'm sure in their world, they know more than the AD. Forget the fact that they're making 10% at best of what an AD is making.

Lord knows we have never seen an AD fire a coach he didn't hire after a year or two. Geez quit acting like y'all know what will and won't happen. If that was the case you woulda been at Bruce's office telling him not to let Craft come or tell Dooley he had 13 men on the field or tell Cuonzo how he could be undefeated. Quit belittling other people. Unless you're Hart, next year is a big ? As to who our coach is.

Lord knows we have never seen an AD fire a coach he didn't hire after a year or two. Geez quit acting like y'all know what will and won't happen. If that was the case you woulda been at Bruce's office telling him not to let Craft come or tell Dooley he had 13 men on the field or tell Cuonzo how he could be undefeated. Quit belittling other people. Unless you're Hart, next year is a big ? As to who our coach is.

What do you want to bet then that Martin is the head coach at UT next year? Unless he is charged with some kind of felony or we find out he is some kind of serial killer, he will be the coach next year. I'll bet you anything you want.

What do you want to bet then that Martin is the head coach at UT next year? Unless he is charged with some kind of felony or we find out he is some kind of serial killer, he will be the coach next year. I'll bet you anything you want.

He is a killer. He killed our program.

No, there's no question as to who will be our coach next year. You're just wrong about this. It doesn't matter that Hart didn't hire Cuonzo. Like someone alluded to earlier, we'd be forced to hire an absolute garbage coach if we fired Cuonzo after only two seasons. No one would want a job that didn't give the incumbent a chance to succeed.

I hear Kevin O'Neil is looking for work. He may consider coming back if Dave Hart follows your advice and boots Cuonzo at season's end.

I'm not saying he will be back and I'm not saying he won't. We truly don't know know. You are guessing that he will be back. Is it educated? No. What proof do you have? What proof do I have he won't be back? None. We truly don't know.

We were a bad team last year until Stokes joined. Other than beating Florida at home and playing Memphis and Duke to close games in Maui, we were just a bad team that lost a lot of games until Stokes joined.

With Stokes (and Maymon), we were above average the rest of the way until all of the great work down the stretch was blown in one night in an upset loss to Ole Miss.

This year, we are a bad team without Maymon.

Next year, if all hands are on deck, I think we'll be pretty good, but we'll have to be. If we have Stokes, Maymon, and Hubbs and still miss the Dance for a third straight season, then I don't know what else there would be to hope for under CCM. That said, I have no confidence in Hart making a great basketball hire to replace CCM.

I hope CCM gets things turned in the right direction, and if he doesn't, I hope Hart proves me wrong, but his handling of the football hire didn't inspire confidence.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not saying he will be back and I'm not saying he won't. We truly don't know know. You are guessing that he will be back. Is it educated? No. What proof do you have? What proof do I have he won't be back? None. We truly don't know.

Well if you're dealing only in absolutes then no one knows. But we're not. We're dealing in probabilities and there is a very high probability that Martin will be back next year barring some unforseen circumstance. Like 99% probability. He would have to lose almost every game or be caught naked with Hart's wife for him to be fired this year IMO.

Well if you're dealing only in absolutes then no one knows. But we're not. We're dealing in probabilities and there is a very high probability that Martin will be back next year barring some unforseen circumstance. Like 99% probability. He would have to lose almost every game or be caught naked with Hart's wife for him to be fired this year IMO.

Not being an ass, but what makes you so sure? I would like to know the reasons everyone is so confident he will be back

i think he should be given 4 to 5 years,that gives him time to get a roster of his own players,missing Maymon this year has really hurt the team,things would look a lot better if he was playing,it is time for CCM recruiting to start showing up,I'm not up to date on this years class at all,i assume it is like football,you need to be in on the good recruits for a year or two,to be able to get them

And there's your typical uninformed response. If anyone just about killed our program, it was Pearl. Ask the NCAA.[/QUOTE

Another one who only wants to remember Bruce's last year.

When I first came on this board I was called a Pearl lover and now I'm a hater. LMAO.

Maybe you need to look at things objectively instead of hoping Pearl comes back. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Not being an ass, but what makes you so sure? I would like to know the reasons everyone is so confident he will be back

Do you not know how things work in the real world? How old are you? Only a clueless AD fires a coach after his 2nd year unless he completely tanks or gets into some sort of trouble with the law. Short of Martin and Hart getting into it over money or his contract, Martin will be back.

We had some good upsets and made the tournament even with all the negative drama pearl brought on his self.

Only to get obliterated by 30 points. The last time that happened was when Jerry Green lost by 30 to Southwest Missouri State now known as Missouri State.

The Pearl era had some good times. It also had a number of valleys too. The player arrests, the New Year's Day arrests and of course the NCAA investigation which sucked the life out of that season.

Only to get obliterated by 30 points. The last time that happened was when Jerry Green lost by 30 to Southwest Missouri State now known as Missouri State.

The Pearl era had some good times. It also had a number of valleys too. The player arrests, the New Year's Day arrests and of course the NCAA investigation which sucked the life out of that season.

Not wanting to use any excuse but that was bc our idiot AD came on national tv the night before the game and told.everyone he was going to fire pearl. I was so pissed, if u want to fire him fine but don't sabotage the season to do it.

I don't hold.player arrests against the coaches, stupid kids do stupid things some times.

Hang dang.
Bruce killed our program.
Martin just ain't reccesitatin it.
Spell at fer me Chris.

Cal I'm not giving you a hard time because you see both sides of the aisle most times. I give a hard time because of the absolutes the (great eight) as I like to call them because all this has been caused by Pearl.

You are the same kind of person who would rather the program go down other than the coach.

Not wanting to use any excuse but that was bc our idiot AD came on national tv the night before the game and told.everyone he was going to fire pearl. I was so pissed, if u want to fire him fine but don't sabotage the season to do it.

I don't hold.player arrests against the coaches, stupid kids do stupid things some times.

We might not have gotten beat by 30, but we weren't winning that game.

And I hold player arrests against the coaches that recruited those players. They're the ones who recruited them so they know what they're getting more than likely.

VN Store

Back