How long does C. Martin have to show improvement?

Wished that we paid some money to get the Butler coach but I will support our coach until they decide to hire again. I hope next hire they can find a proven coach but wait a minute this is Tennessee and they are cheapskates.

Wished that we paid some money to get the Butler coach but I will support our coach until they decide to hire again. I hope next hire they can find a proven coach but wait a minute this is Tennessee and they are cheapskates.

If your qualm is not landing Stevens, he will stay at Butler possibly even if he received an offer from an elite school, in all likeliness. Would have been awesome to get him, but extremely unlikely. About as unlikely as Jabari Parker committing to UT.

Reactions: 1 person
Next year is when he has to make the tournament. Barring any major NCAA violations, he's getting a third year no matter what.

Oh, and for the 4,585,943rd time, Pearl is never coming back.

what does it matter anymore. We will hire a garage sale coach......we would go to the dollar tree but we de-forested it

Next year is when he has to make the tournament. Barring any major NCAA violations, he's getting a third year no matter what.

Oh, and for the 4,585,943rd time, Pearl is never coming back.

'NEVER" is a long time. I have found only two things that are complete truism's in life. And that is death and taxes.

I just found out that I have Kevin Ware in one of my classes. Anybody want me to ask him if he wants to transfer to UT?

I just found out that I have Kevin Ware in one of my classes. Anybody want me to ask him if he wants to transfer to UT?

Ware is averaging about 4 points a game in about 17 min of play. Not exactly eye popping numbers. I honestly haven't watched him. Can he handle the ball?

I think zo bought himself a little time by overachieving last season. We didn't make the tourney last year, but we had a strong season considering the circumstances. As much as we over achieved last year, we're underachieving this year. I think zo has what it takes to be a good coach, he just might not get the opportunity to live up to potential here.

I think zo bought himself a little time by overachieving last season. We didn't make the tourney last year, but we had a strong season considering the circumstances. As much as we over achieved last year, we're underachieving this year. I think zo has what it takes to be a good coach, he just might not get the opportunity to live up to potential here.

Agreed

Hart did not hire him and he made it dam known that he isn't scared to fire a coach after a year of being their boss. I think Martin is donski after this year. We will be lucky to win 8 conference games and will be one and done in the SEC tourney.

Hart did not hire him and he made it dam known that he isn't scared to fire a coach after a year of being their boss. I think Martin is donski after this year. We will be lucky to win 8 conference games and will be one and done in the SEC tourney.

We will have to win 3 or less SEC games for that to even become a consideration. It's probably not going to happen. Martin has earned his way to 3 full years. Unless we only win 3 more games all season, it would be absolutely nothing but bad to fire him any earlier than the end of next season.

Martin will be here next year, sorry to burst your bubble.

Unreal. You don't make friends in the coaching business, nor do you endear yourself to potential employees as an Athletic Director by firing a guy in his second season when he finished his first season like Martin did. Who wants to work for a guy whose fuse is that short?

You are showing that you are officially clueless. Congrats.

Unreal. You don't make friends in the coaching business, nor do you endear yourself to potential employees as an Athletic Director by firing a guy in his second season when he finished his first season like Martin did. Who wants to work for a guy whose fuse is that short?

Don't ever underestimate the stupidity and bravado of an internet athletic director. I'm sure in their world, they know more than the AD. Forget the fact that they're making 10% at best of what an AD is making.

VN Store

Back