How did Verne & Gary handle it today?

Verne "I thought Tennessee's colors where orange and white, guess I was wrong"'.

The director in the truck did a great job of having camera guys stop at every pretty girl they came across when they would scan through the crowd. At first I though it was coincidence but after about the twentieth time I started getting a little creep-ed out about it.

Best comment all day by them was that they thought Tennessee wore orange and white and couldn't understand the ugly gray uniforms, where you couldn't even see the numbers.

I could not believe I heard that one. The one good thing for Verne is that Oregon is not in the SEC. He would be in tears after about three games.

The bias really shown through in the second half when Vern played the role of deaf/mute for the 4th quarter and Gary couldn't talk about Purdue any longer when Appleby stopped hitting Calloway on bombs.

TBH they were at a loss for words. They got very solum and disappointed, then realized they needed to call a game so Gary went looking for the changing point of the game. Gary reluctantly said he might need to start talking about UT as a playoff contender and verne might have dropped dead in all honesty because I've never heard him so quiet in my life. They were very disappointed.

So true! They are so Florida pumpers! And really show disdain actually for Tennessee!

It was like we beat them! But they were pretending not to be hurt!

Sometimes you have to take respect. We took some today! Now we have to take fear. Make them fear us everytime we play!

Go big Orange!

Reactions: 1 person
I think they both get criticized too much. I enjoy their broadcast and thought they've always done a good job. Verne is better at golf and Gary is really good. Is it Brad Nessler that's taking over next year? That will be a great duo to listen to. If you want to crap on someone, how about our own Bob Kessling who still can't pronounce names right and has a horrible voice IMO.

Verne got a very lukewarm applause from the crowd when he was introduced during a timeout. Very lukewarm. The Refs at the coin toss got a louder applause

I thought they were neutral. Gary definitely gave a ton of props to Butch and the team. Discussed how we had gotten better ever season and said some positive things. Honestly, we were a little too amped up and screaming at my house to hear a lot of what they were saying

The dramatic comeback win should guarantee we will see them in Knoxville again for the Bama game.

Vern has called UT games for about as long as I've been watching. He clearly hates Tennessee and goes out of his way to passive aggressively troll the vols. Won't miss that rosy cheeked s&+#bird.

No issues with Gary. He at least tries to remain unbiased

Danielson needs to go with Verne. It's hard for him to mask his love of the Gators and his pretentious demeanor. When Gaulden flopped he went on and on about "don't bring that soccer crap to my game" but never gave so much as a snicker when the UF players would flop to slow our no huddle.

I thought both did fine. Gary is actually a very sharp football guy. I'm always amazed at how he can recognize and predict formations and plays.

I thought they did a good job. You could tell Gary thought we still had a chance after half.

Didn't they say the genius can't even call a first down play regarding the fl OC?

Swore I heard that.

That would be anti gator

They did. I ran it back just to make sure I heard it right. I wonder if they thought the mic was off.

With all due respect, Vern needs to hang up the mic. At times, he seems to be at a loss for words, which isn't exactly ideal for a play-by-play guy. Gary bails him out quite often.

Vern has somewhat of an "iconic" voice for me in that I have been listening to him broadcast sports for a long, long time. I'm in my late 40s, and it seems he's been around my whole life. But, it's time for him to enjoy retirement.

Verne calls Tebow and asks for a consolation hug.

I'm pretty sure Verne would drive over to any UF fan's trailer for a hug. Teblow probably has Verne's calls blocked at this point. I truly hope the old senile fool cried himself to sleep last night.

With all due respect, Vern needs to hang up the mic. At times, he seems to be at a loss for words, which isn't exactly ideal for a play-by-play guy. Gary bails him out quite often.

Vern has somewhat of an "iconic" voice for me in that I have been listening to him broadcast sports for a long, long time. I'm in my late 40s, and it seems he's been around my whole life. But, it's time for him to enjoy retirement.

I'm not feeling particularly classy today, so I will go a step further. I can't stand Verne and you are right in that it is time for him to go. "GO" as in "Go take a dirt nap." :)

I am sure there are worse announcers but I can't think of any right now

*Hears Beth Mulllins calling a game*

What do you know I just thought of one. Wait until Tennessee plays a game called by her. You will be begging for Verne and Gary.

If I ever turn on the television to watch UT on ESPN2 or ESPNU or whatever, and that hag is calling the game, I'll have to take immediate emergency measures that I never thought I'd have to employ......turn the tv down and listen to....gulp....Bob Kesling

Verne: "Mark Shoop was hired by Butch Jones for this game"

Verne: "Jalen Hurd on the tackle", after Hurd was brought down.

On and on and on he rambled and even had a reference to Walter Cronkite referring to Tennessee as the "streaking capital of the United States" to which Danielson was speechless - for once.

Bye Verne, time to ride off into the sunset and enjoy your fill of all you can eat buffet sausages in retirement.

Attachments

• VerneLundquistDerrick-Ingram-Fayetteville-MEME1-610x426.jpg
    VerneLundquistDerrick-Ingram-Fayetteville-MEME1-610x426.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 2
the dude is old, he spent his life doing what he loved..retiring after this year.

he admitted he messed up and was on the job a long time.

these new generation devices have ruined the thought process..

#****history

go back..listen to John Ward in his older days...spoiled punks

#period

Reminds me if your a nascar fan of Ken Squire in the last number of years he hung on to calling races. Was great when younger but age caught up like it does with all of us!

VN Store

Back