How did Verne & Gary handle it today?

Honestly Gary did a good job. He got the feeling early in the 2nd half something special was about to happen. Verne was like the really old great uncle at a family reunion that says stupid stuff, and people humor him because he's so old and out of it.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't they say the genius can't even call a first down play regarding the fl OC?

Swore I heard that.

That would be anti gator

Well Verne said with 3:30 to play "Taint over" then he identified the Tennessee Waltz as the UT Alma Mater. :eek:lol:

He said that after last year's UGA game. He must hear a college band playing a slower song and then just assume that it must be the alma mater.

Reactions: 1 person
I am sure there are worse announcers but I can't think of any right now

*Hears Beth Mulllins calling a game*

What do you know I just thought of one. Wait until Tennessee plays a game called by her. You will be begging for Verne and Gary.

Reactions: 4 people
TBH they were at a loss for words. They got very solum and disappointed, then realized they needed to call a game so Gary went looking for the changing point of the game. Gary reluctantly said he might need to start talking about UT as a playoff contender and verne might have dropped dead in all honesty because I've never heard him so quiet in my life. They were very disappointed.

Reactions: 5 people
They seemed mad that fl was getting steamrolled. Really maybe the worst two broadcasters in college ball. Mad a big deal of Gualden's.flop. Saying it should be reversed.

"4:17 left in regulation" Vern didn't mention we were up by 17.

Honestly, they did a pretty good job, in my opinion. Verne still had a few pretty good zingers throughout the game and I gotta say I am a little sad to see him go.

Best comment all day by them was that they thought Tennessee wore orange and white and couldn't understand the ugly gray uniforms, where you couldn't even see the numbers.

Reactions: 4 people
They seemed mad that fl was getting steamrolled. Really maybe the worst two broadcasters in college ball. Mad a big deal of Gualden's.flop. Saying it should be reversed.

They musta missed the gators #57 flop all by his lonesome self in the first half to get his team a breather.

bull ****v ..they both did better then any game they have call for us in the last few years.

I hated listening to them the last few years..today..good.

hold your grudge when it is needed.

This is completely right. They were fine. I started to get irritated with the flashback sequence they did in pre-game, but it was pretty on point. Neither one of them seemed smug or condescending toward Tennessee like they have on occasion in the past.

Reactions: 1 person
I've always thought Verne would be great fun to sit down at a bar next to, but his age is really showing. Still a good voice, but man he screws up a lot and says some awkward things. Gary is a good analyst, but I think he spends so much time cleaning things up that he gets lost too.

Too many Jalens on the field for Verne. I heard "Jalen Hurd" at least make one (1) tackle for UF during the game.

Honestly, I'm neutral about the job they did. Not too bad not too good. I thought they over reacted to the Gaulden "flop" and as many announcers do they got names wrong at times. "Hurd with the tackle" that type of thing. But here's the interesting thing, I have an ex girlfriend in Texas that watched the game. She isn't necessarily a big UT fan but watches them at times and likes college football. She said that color guy said one stupid thing after another in a fb message to me. She didn't like Danielson at all and said the announcers sucked overall. Coming from a neutral TN. fan that struck me as a pretty good review. She had a nephew that played at Clemson by the way. [couple or three years ago].

VN Store

Back