How BIG is the Florida game this year?

How BIG is this game? Pick your Avatar.

• Total voters
Not negative except if you are irrational. My outlook is based on circumstances (and not just last year as the weak minded might believe).

I'm not holding Pruitt to some irrational expectation.

This team is getting plowed this year. I'm still predicting we win 6 games which is a 2 game improvement over last year.

You can call that negative if you want. I don't care.

i don't care what you call it either.

but i find it funny that 'irrational' is being tossed around by the guy that says beating FL is more likely than beating vanderbilt.

that'd be irrational regardless of the program you were talking about.

Reactions: 5 people
How big? Locally, in Knoxville, ~103k+ temp bump in population. Additional eyes via visual media distribution, ~5mil+.

I hate florida mainly because of their fans. They ARE the most obnoxious in all of the SEC. I have seen my vols play every team in the SEC - MZ and TAM.

How big? Locally, in Knoxville, ~103k+ temp bump in population. Additional eyes via visual media distribution, ~5mil+.

Tin Man, that makes me wonder.

What do you think the out-of-town population is inside Neyland Stadium on a typical Saturday?

I would guess it's somewhere around 50/50 ... but wouldn't be surprised if it were more like 70/30, with the 70% being locals.

I've never seen that stat provided anywhere. Have you?

Florida is always the biggest game of the year for my family. My daughter and I haven't missed attending a uf-UT game in a decade. Our party of 6 will be converging on the Knoxville area for 4 days this September with 3 Neyland newbies. As cool as the Vol Walk and pregame activities are, I can't wait for them to feel the electricity that flows as the T opens wide and the Vols take the field. Win or lose, that feeling never goes away.

Post game is a different story.

Reactions: 4 people
Florida is always the biggest game of the year for my family. My daughter and I haven't missed attending a uf-UT game in a decade. Our party of 6 will be converging on the Knoxville area for 4 days this September with 3 Neyland newbies. As cool as the Vol Walk and pregame activities are, I can't wait for them to feel the electricity that flows as the T opens wide and the Vols take the field. Win or lose, that feeling never goes away.

Post game is a different story.

This is what its all about. How can anyone say its no big deal. Pfftt.

Reactions: 1 person
so there's no room for improvement, since you know, Butch is gone? i mean, did you think we were going 4-8 last off season? exactly how long will it take before someone can say 'we're going to beat Vandy agian' w/out the stink of the 2017 season being brought up?

did we lose last year because of 2005? or 2012? 2016? i mean, precedents were set then too.

and the biggest reason for all that stink, is now gone, so get some lylesol, freshen things up a bit. we aren't going to win anything of consequence next year.

but we're beating Vandy. that's happening.:peace2:

fify

You say big names then say SC. You must be joking? The same SC that has lost to KY 4 years in a row now?

Not trying to imply as SC being a traditional powerhouse but they’re predicted by most columnists to finish second in the division so yea they’re one of the bigger names this year.

Not trying to imply as SC being a traditional powerhouse but they’re predicted by most columnists to finish second in the division so yea they’re one of the bigger names this year.

Lulz. If TN and FL are just mediocre, SC will be lucky to go to a bowl.

It's a great opportunity, but not devastating if we lose. Mizzou could be a bigger game - in which a loss could dash our bowl hopes.

Almost every year our UF game sets the stage for how well or poorly these two teams do. Last year we both sucked so it mattered not but that is unusual. This year's game will go a long way toward figuring out how well both institutions staffs will pan out long term. Mullen losing to Pruitt right out of the gate would be devastating to the gators the reverse not quite so bad unless they boat race us.

Nothing is more important to a big orange fan than bagging a win in the annual gator game. We beat the gators we go 8-4.....we lose to the gators we go 4/8. It’s about confidence building!

It's a monster game.

Big East SEC rival.

2 new HCs.

The winner is in the driver's seat.

It's as big as any other 1st SEC game of the year(I remember a year we played Ga before Fl.).

It's really really big.

No, it ain't.

It's about time we know our damn role, and stop popping our bills about how bad ass we are before we prove we are bad asses.

Our best case scenario for the morning of 09/22/2018; We are 3-0 after wins over West Freakin Virginia, East Freakin Tennessee State, and Texas El Piso...I mean Paso. And later that day if we beat Florida? If they started the day 3-0, we beat the guys who beat Charleston Southern, Kentucky and Colorado State.

In the grand scheme of things, what the Hell is big about it? Don't get me wrong, beating Florida is always good. But they aren't expected to be all that this year. Until we kick ass on somebody who is predicted to kick our asses and alot of other teams asses, we are just a bunch of wannabes talking crap. Look at it realistically, and quit borrowing Poindexter's glasses. We might be feeling good, but it's nowhere near as huge as you want it to be.

Any game against UF is big. It used to decide the winner of the East. Currently it decides who finishes second in the East. At some point, this program needs to find a way to get a winning streak against UF. They have owned us for decades. That has to end.

Lulz. If TN and FL are just mediocre, SC will be lucky to go to a bowl.

You know I would have never guessed that....pfff. I don’t get all the dark horse hype FL is recieving. They’re are literally in the same position we are. Talent is on the roster but they have to be coached up. But yes I do realize once UT and UF get back to they’re winning ways, it’s gonna be hard for SC to achieve what they want.

To me the biggest game will always be the Bama game. Then UGA then Florida those are my top 3 hated teams period.

It's a great opportunity, but not devastating if we lose. Mizzou could be a bigger game - in which a loss could dash our bowl hopes.

I agree on mizzou, that kid Locke will destroy a defense if we don't pressure him and properly, our game with them will basically be his highlight reel for NFL scouts timing wise if he's not A gap pressured.

No, it ain't.

It's about time we know our damn role, and stop popping our bills about how bad ass we are before we prove we are bad asses.

Our best case scenario for the morning of 09/22/2018; We are 3-0 after wins over West Freakin Virginia, East Freakin Tennessee State, and Texas El Piso...I mean Paso. And later that day if we beat Florida? If they started the day 3-0, we beat the guys who beat Charleston Southern, Kentucky and Colorado State.

In the grand scheme of things, what the Hell is big about it? Don't get me wrong, beating Florida is always good. But they aren't expected to be all that this year. Until we kick ass on somebody who is predicted to kick our asses and alot of other teams asses, we are just a bunch of wannabes talking crap. Look at it realistically, and quit borrowing Poindexter's glasses. We might be feeling good, but it's nowhere near as huge as you want it to be.

Its a big game for a multitude of reasons. But one of the biggest is a mental block we have with UF. I once thought that was BS. But the last 4 years have changed my mind. We need to beat UF to get this mental monkey off our back.

Beating UF will give the team a ton of confidence imo. It will boost player and fan morale. I think a win woukd signify very good changes are happening at Rocky Top quicker than we imagined.

VN Store

Back