How BIG is the Florida game this year?

How BIG is this game? Pick your Avatar.

• Total voters
I wasn't talking about who had the longest streak, but pointed out that history is repeating itself
ok , not trying to beat a dead horse my friend . You just stated that the last time we ended an 11 game streak Bill Battle was the coach who ended it and that’s not a true statement .

Irregardless of who ended past streaks or who ends this current nightmare ..... I hope your assertion that our newly hired UA alum is the man who does it. That I’ll agree with !!

Last edited:
You say that as if it happens all the time.

On the few games it has happened, much like the father of the bride in a italian wedding, in my home, I can refuse no request. Which is why I lock the door and mute the phone.:lol:

Since our schedule this year features perhaps the most difficult stretch of games that any team in the country will face . . .

Date Opponent FPI Win Chance%

9/1 WVU 38.1%
9/8 ETSU 99.6%
9/15 UTEP 98.0%

9/22 UF 33.0%
9/29 @UGA 6.3%
10/13 @AU 10.1%
10/20 Crims 11.3%
10/27 @USC 22.9%

11/3 Charlotte 95.0%
11/10 UK 61.2%
11/17 MIZZ 41.0%
11/24 @VU 65.1%

are we in a position where the Florida game is going to make or break the season?

My reasons:

* mainly, this 35 day gauntlet which begins with Florida could significantly degrade any team's manpower with injuries
* this game is in Neyland with comparable talent if we are at full health and we should be since the softest part of our schedule leads to this game
* if we are 2-2 after this game, we'll possibly need to sweep November just to get our 15 bowl practices
* we have to start beating the Gators in Neyland every time they come here, as they will probably stop shooting themselves in the foot some day
* Coach Pruitt famously said he didn't come here to win 6 games, which I love, but we are going to catch hell from the media and opposing fanbases if we don't get 7+
* if we don't even win 6 games, then those jokes write themselves and the narrative is UT as laughingstock again
* I don't see 7 wins with a Florida loss as likely

Sure, we should not over-react to a 2-6 start, but it obviously should be avoided if possible. I believe the Florida game is really going to determine how this season is remembered and what people think about our potential to return to greatness.
Winning this next game will change this season only if our players realize they CAN win if they listen to Pruitt. The guy has an incredible football mind.

Reactions: Rifleman
I think that's dumb, that's right, dumb. There is likely to be twice the Vol fans there as Vandy fans.

The powerhouse Vandy. Lofl. They managed to beat Butch and Derrick a few times and now "they own Tennessee" gtfo. Wait and see.

Still standing behind this statement?

ok , not trying to beat a dead horse my friend . You just stated that the last time we ended an 11 game streak Bill Battle was the coach who ended it and thats not a true statement .

Irregardless of who ended past streaks or who ends this current nightmare ..... I hope your assertion that our newly hired UA alum is the man who does it. That Ill agree with !!
It was 1981 and Majors was coach and we went on to win 4 in a row. GBO!

As i was running tonight i was thinking about this game and it is huge.

Most reasonable people know we are in for a rough season and have a ridiculous stretch coming up. If we can win this game, it will pull everyone together and be a hugh home win and give some hope that we can get to 6 wins.
Knowing that we are likely in for 4 -5 rough weeks afterward, it will show that CJP can rally the troops to finish strong.
Lose this game and the chances of getting to 6 wins id highly unlikely.

Reactions: Behr
As i was running tonight i was thinking about this game and it is huge.

Most reasonable people know we are in for a rough season and have a ridiculous stretch coming up. If we can win this game, it will pull everyone together and be a hugh home win and give some hope that we can get to 6 wins.
Knowing that we are likely in for 4 -5 rough weeks afterward, it will show that CJP can rally the troops to finish strong.
Lose this game and the chances of getting to 6 wins id highly unlikely.
Hard to argue with much of this.

A win is good for team morale, recruiting (massive visit weekend) and getting toward a bowl game.

The UGA, Bama, AU stretch is well documented. Expecting to run the table after those 3 is asking a lot but they re all winnable.

Reactions: Behr
It is the difference between Music City Bowl potential type year (impressive with cards dealt) and Dumpster Fire Where is SEC win on schedule year

VN Store

Back