Hooker is not a Heisman finalist and you don't want to know who is 🤬

Cmon, brother. There is being 'factual', then there is taking every available opportunity to vigorously defend a rival better than their own fans do.

Face it, you're more an uga fan that UT. It's ok. I mean, I feel badly for you as a result, but at least it's honest. :cool::cool::cool:;););)
No, I've just lived in Georgia most of my adult life sadly and know alot about them. I said yesterday I think they lose to Ohio State. Ohio State is a bad matchup for them.

Reactions: OllVol
He has won against every defense on his schedule for 2 years except 1 game. Live with it. He is a great QB and his teammates love him. He is a good general and plays smart. He doesn’t have to put up Hookers numbers because he plays for a better team. What do you not get about that? He play within the game plan he is given. It is a system at Georgia and each game has a specific plan and he is expected to play within that plan. Don’t you realize Georgia makes you play their game. UT was able to play their game against everyone else but UGA made you play their game and that’s what they do best. Georgia is good at dictating how the game would be played and they make you play their game they don’t allow you to make them play your game. Tennessee relied on the shoot out every game and banked on scoring more than everyone else but Georgia didn’t allow you to do that and they haven’t every year They played you since Kirby has been there. I
You need to get back over to dawg butts nation. Like seriously why are you even on this site??

Hooker faired as good or better than Bennett against EVERY single like defense we faced. Your point would be valid if Bennett had to play his own defense. But honestly, I would not be surprised to see OSU dominate them defensively. OSU has the athletes to match up with UGA and a QB that is 10x better.

Bennett is not just the least deserving Heisman candidate this year, but he is likely the least deserving Heisman candidate EVER. His stats are literally pedestrian. He had 16 friggin passing TDs this time last week. SIXTEEN!!!!!! Hell, Joe Milton had 7 TDs himself.

Duggan deserves it 1000x more than Bennett does. Half the QBs in the SEC deserve it more then he does.
Are you expecting me to argue that Bennett is better than Hooker? I said on the first page I posted on that Hooker should have been invited, I just have less of a problem with Bennett being on the list than Duggan for the reasons I have stated. I also said yesterday that I thought Ohio State was a bad matchup for UGA. Nonetheless, Bennett is better than you are giving him credit for, he's been in the Top 6 in QBR two seasons in a row, out of 131 quarterbacks. That's the 95th percentile, two years straight, that doesn't happen by luck, he can play whether you like it or not.

I predicted on on of these threads the other day that Bennett would win this ridiculous award, and people jumped all over me. I didn't want him to win, I'm just predicting he'll win based on how stupid this award is. And now here he is going to the show. I think they'll give it to him because they think no one else deserves it more, and so, he gets it by default because his team is undefeated and ranked #1. That's how ridiculous this award is.

I’m sure it’s already been posted but if not

And that’s with Hooker getting injured with nearly the whole 4th quarter left to play against South Carolina and missing the Vandy game. They also pulled him early in some blowout games so yea his stats could even be more impressive and much better than Stetsons

Think that Hendon being ignored by the Heisman voters will endear him to us even more. Our fanbase is used to being ignored by the national media and often ridiculed. This just makes him more of a vol legend

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Now is the time for Daniel J. White to shine. I'm not gonna read what everyone else is saying. I'm too mad.

Excellent point! Surely Stetson’s stats are overwhelmingly better than Hooker’s then, right?
You and I don't think so, but the majority of people that get a vote said otherwise. That could be out of ignorance, bias, or maybe they aren't going just off stats. The voter makeup lends itself to bias in my opinion. That's why I view this award as a joke.

I haven't cared about the Heisman since 1997. It's not been about the best player in a long long long time. It's a good player on the best team, usually a QB.

This is like Michael Jordan not winning every MVP in the 1990s. Everyone knew he was the best player and easily the most valuable in the league but the media convinced themselves he wasn't multiple times. Then he'd go dominate the MVP in the playoffs. The common denominator here, the sporting press is filled with complete idiots.

Reactions: alpha_vol
I predicted on on of these threads the other day that Bennett would win this ridiculous award, and people jumped all over me. I didn't want him to win, I'm just predicting he'll win based on how stupid this award is. And now here he is going to the show. I think they'll give it to him because they think no one else deserves it more, and so, he gets it by default because his team is undefeated and ranked #1. That's how ridiculous this award is.
He's not going to win. Zero chance of that happening.

I’m sure it’s already been posted but if not

Because Stetson played in a more balanced offense than hooker. Post the stats for avg passing and running per game for UT and UGA. He didn’t t have to pass as much to win.

Because Stetson played in a more balanced offense than hooker. Post the stats for avg passing and running per game for UT and UGA. He didn’t t have to pass as much to win.

Georgia rushed for 207 per game

Tennessee rushed for 206 per game

Tennessee ran for more TD’s than any team in college football.

You MIGHT want to rethink your statement.

oh by the way…Georgia passed the ball 33 times per game.

Tennessee passed the ball 32.8 times per game

Last edited:

VN Store

Back