Hooker is not a Heisman finalist and you don't want to know who is 🤬

Because Stetson played in a more balanced offense than hooker. Post the stats for avg passing and running per game for UT and UGA. He didn’t t have to pass as much to win.

Saying he didn’t have to pass the ball to win doesn’t help the Heisman case for someone who happens to play quarterback.

Saying he didn’t have to pass the ball to win doesn’t help the Heisman case for someone who happens to play quarterback.

Well heck he’s even WRONG

Georgia ran for 207 per
Tennessee ran for 206 per
Tennessee ran for more TD’s than ANY team

Georgia passed the ball 33 times per game
Tennessee passed the ball 32.8 times per game

Dead wrong

Last edited:
Where do some folks come up with “fake” statistics……or fake facts they try to pass off on here?

If folk want to pump someone or some team…..hey that’s well within your right…..but at least don’t turn the heat on and tell us it’s summer.

We can walk outside…….we all have the internet!!!!

Tennessee actually gets just as many rushing yards per game as Georgia

Tennessee gets more rushing TD’s as Georgia

Georgia passed the ball just as much per game as Tennessee………..

Keep trying

Last edited:
Hooker not being in the top 4 for the Heisman SEEMS to indicate UT isn't doing something right in the PR department.

These voters are all over the country. I have a feeling GA is doing a better job getting Bennett's name in front of the right people: the Heisman voters. It is a campaign, an election by 900+ people, and like political campaigns the best candidate is the person who is perceived to be the best..... often nowhere near the best choice.

Hooker got screwed but not because of a conspiracy, it's too diverse of a group for that to be workable. TN needed to "work the media" and get stories out there early and often about Hooker, every dime he dropped, every time he was leading on the sidelines, his turnaround from VT to b UT, etc.

WE, as TN faithful, know these things and see them but a Heisman campaign needs to make sure they see these stories regularly in Peoria, Puyallup, or Prestonsburg...... wherever Heisman voters are.

Reactions: alpha_vol
Because Stetson played in a more balanced offense than hooker. Post the stats for avg passing and running per game for UT and UGA. He didn’t t have to pass as much to win.

Awww. I think @Clayton blocked me. Poor feller, just can’t handle someone giving him grief for acting like an @&&. Hilarious.......but predictable

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
Hooker not being in the top 4 for the Heisman SEEMS to indicate UT isn't doing something right in the PR department.

These voters are all over the country. I have a feeling GA is doing a better job getting Bennett's name in front of the right people: the Heisman voters. It is a campaign, an election by 900+ people, and like political campaigns the best candidate is the person who is perceived to be the best..... often nowhere near the best choice.

Hooker got screwed but not because of a conspiracy, it's too diverse of a group for that to be workable. TN needed to "work the media" and get stories out there early and often about Hooker, every dime he dropped, every time he was leading on the sidelines, his turnaround from VT to b UT, etc.

WE, as TN faithful, know these things and see them but a Heisman campaign needs to make sure they see these stories regularly in Peoria, Puyallup, or Prestonsburg...... wherever Heisman voters are.

Not saying your wrong but how much of the media voters or past winners are in Tennessee or are Tennessee fans.

VS

In Texas
In California
In OSU area
In Atlanta

Bennett got a “team” boost in my opinion

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Not saying your wrong but how much of the media voters or past winners are in Tennessee or are Tennessee fans.

VS

In Texas
In California
In OSU area
In Atlanta

Bennett got a “team” boost in my opinion
I agree that being undefeated most of the year helped Bennett, Duggan, and Stroud. Our loss to GA and USCe hurt Hooker. USCw's 1st loss to Utah was a squeaker.

GA being dominate on defense made Bennett look better in games where he was marginal.

It really is a "beauty pageant," like lots of political elections unfortunately, and people expecting it not to be are going to be pissed.

I'm disappointed because Hooker deserves to be in NYC, but I'm not angry. I wonder what UT can do better for our Heisman contenders. The easy answer is win. If Hooker were at GA, even with the injury, he'd be in NYC for the ceremony.

It’s become a team award. Sure you got to help your team win, but Georgia was #1 or 2 every week. Hookers impact was we started the season outside the top 25 and sit at 6th before the bowl game. Bennett and CJ did not over perform to raise their teams that were from the get to Top 5 preseason.
Crazy thing is if we had a better defense Hooker would win it which makes zero sense to me.

Maybe look those numbers up before you post next time.

Pass/Run per game…

Tennessee 33-40
UGA 33-38

Last edited:
Georgia rushed for 207 per game

Tennessee rushed for 206 per game

Tennessee ran for more TD’s than any team in college football.

You MIGHT want to rethink your statement.

oh by the way…Georgia passed the ball 33 times per game.

Tennessee passed the ball 32.8 times per game
*oops

If one person can tell me how a player that didn't crack the first or second All-SEC team is a Heisman finalist, I'll bow out of the discussion.

The best argument of how absurd this is….

Put Stetson on UT and what is our record? We’d be lucky to be 6-6. Stetson is the QB on the best team. That does not make him the best player by any stretch of the imagination. Dude can’t hold Hookers jock strap. And quite frankly neither can the other three. There was a clear cut winner and he wasn’t even invited. The media bias is absurd at this point.

If one person can tell me how a player that didn't crack the first or second All-SEC team is a Heisman finalist, I'll bow out of the discussion.
It’s just odd. Stetson Bennett is a very good QB, but he’s about 3rd best in his own conference.

Heisman Award - Outstanding performance which best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.

Maxwell Award - The Maxwell Award is presented annually to the college football player judged by a panel of sportscasters, sportswriters, and National Collegiate Athletic Association head coaches and the membership of the Maxwell Football Club to be the best all-around in the United States. The award is named after Robert "Tiny" Maxwell, a Swarthmore College football player, coach, and sportswriter. Johnny Lattner (1952, 1953) and Tim Tebow (2007, 2008) are the only players to have won the award twice. It is the college equivalent of the Bert Bell Award of the National Football League, also given out by the Maxwell Club.[1][2]

I believe Hendon Hooker is still a strong contender for the Maxwell Award along with Stroud and Williams. Sadly, he wasn't a finalist for the Davey O'Brien award.

VN Store

Back