Hooker is not a Heisman finalist and you don't want to know who is 🤬

Stetson played 2 1/3 more games, against basically the same competition, except Georgia played Oregon instead of Alabama. How is he in with these stats and Hooker is out? He’s not the best player on his offense, let alone his team.

Attachments

• 55BC1C3E-4BFB-4D87-A389-D5391EBCE80F.jpeg
    55BC1C3E-4BFB-4D87-A389-D5391EBCE80F.jpeg
    420 KB · Views: 14
Johnny Majors biggest snub in Heisman history. Charles Woodson over Peyton the biggest media coup in history. Hendon Hooker not being invited is the biggest atrocity in the Awards history.

It’s almost like they knew they could rely on their advantages at literally every other position to win the game. Odd.
Like in our game he threw 2 touchdown passes and ran for another one in the first 20 minutes, and then he didn't need to do much more. He played good against us last year and the year before that too. I'll take my chances with his replacement next year.

Like in our game he threw 2 touchdown passes and ran for another one in the first 20 minutes, and then he didn't need to do much more. He played good against us last year and the year before that too. I'll take my chances with his replacement next year.
He didn’t need to do much more, because even against the best offense in the nation, he only had to lead his team to a modest output to win. He was in the exact opposite situation as Hendon, who had to be firing on all cylinders all the time or we’d lose.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
He did alright against Michigan and Alabama in the playoffs last year.

For one, we're talking about this year, since that is all that is relevant for the 2022 Heisman.

Secondly, he played like ass most of the national title game. He hit 1 long pass at the end of the game. Credit to him. But if you think anyone but the Bama defense won that game, you are mistaken. He also got owned by Bama in the SECCG a month prior.

I see you didn't want to respond to the actual facts in my comment. So what do you have to say about his piss poor performances against the only good defenses on his schedule?

Looks like a lot of people agree and so he is there. He played within the system and did what was asked of him. He has risen to the occasion when needed. He is the leader of that team and has overcome more adversity than anyone else on that list. He is the epitome of perseverance. He’s a winner. Haters gonna hate but he beat the ass of UT and very other Sec team for 2 straight years…as a walk on unrated recruit.
Bennett didn’t beat anyone. Georgia is still undefeated and a better team with Hooker, Young, Stroud, or Williams as QB. Kirby would’ve already replaced him if he were able to.

Reactions: Carp
That trophy has lost all its luster..It is an absolute joke...They screwed Johnny Majorsd, They screwed Peyton and now Hooker is getting the screw job now...Makes me sick, that kid busted his ass all season and broke record after record and is your SEC player of the year and he doesn't even get an invite?.....Wow

Stetson Bennett isn’t even a TOP 3 PLAYER ON HIS SIDE OF THE BALL ON HIS TEAM - see Brock Bowers, Ladd McConkey, Kenny McIntosh. WOW!!!! And to think I couldn’t have disliked Georgia and Bennett even more…

Bennett didn't vote for himself. No need to make him out to be the villain over this. I'm a Georgia grad and will readily admit Hooker should have been a finalist, but a lot of very qualified people felt the same about Bennett. The guy is a gamer. Stats don't tell nearly the whole story. The complain based on stats is...I don't know. You should just know better.

He didn’t need to do much more, because even against the best offense in the nation, he only had to lead his team to a modest output to win. He was in the exact opposite situation as Hendon, who had to be firing on all cylinders all the time or we’d lose.
I mean, they just scored 50 on LSU but okay. I just have less of a problem with Bennett being on the list than Duggan. Hooker should have been invited but at least Bennett plays in a real league. He threw two 4th quarter touchdowns to beat Bama in the national championship last year. That's more impressive to me than Duggan's heroics against Kansas State and Baylor both of whom would be 4 or 5 win teams in the SEC.

Stetson played 2 1/3 more games, against basically the same competition, except Georgia played Oregon instead of Alabama. How is he in with these stats and Hooker is out? He’s not the best player on his offense, let alone his team.

Yup. Hooker owned everyone we played except UGA, who obviously have an elite defense. Bennett struggled against UK and Mizzu.

They kept Hooker out because if they let him in he might be voted in ! I quit watching this fiasco when ESPN ran a campaign for Charles Woodsen over Manning.( I saw that one hand interception till I wanted to puke). I will never watch it again !!

1st and 10. 15 seconds left. Who you got?

About 20-30 other QBs before I utter the name Stetson Bennett. Literally half the teams in the SEC have a better QB than Bennett. Hell we have 2 QBs better than Bennett, imo. Bennett isn't even likely to be drafted. Why in the hell is getting invited to NYC with such mediocre stats?

Looks like a lot of people agree and so he is there. He played within the system and did what was asked of him. He has risen to the occasion when needed. He is the leader of that team and has overcome more adversity than anyone else on that list. He is the epitome of perseverance. He’s a winner. Haters gonna hate but he beat the ass of UT and very other Sec team for 2 straight years…as a walk on unrated recruit.

Didn't rise to the occasion vs Mizzu or UK. If UGA didn't have an elite defense, UGA gets dominated in both those games.

Reactions: JoAllan
For one, we're talking about this year, since that is all that is relevant for the 2022 Heisman.

Secondly, he played like ass most of the national title game. He hit 1 long pass at the end of the game. Credit to him. But if you think anyone but the Bama defense won that game, you are mistaken. He also got owned by Bama in the SECCG a month prior.

I see you didn't want to respond to the actual facts in my comment. So what do you have to say about his piss poor performances against the only good defenses on his schedule?
Your point would be valid if he had never beaten a good defense but he has. How has Hooker faired against Georgia's defense? Does that invalidate Hooker's performances against other good defenses? As I've said multiple times I think Hooker should have been invited I just think Bennett is not the least deserving on the list.

Didn't rise to the occasion vs Mizzu or UK. If UGA didn't have an elite defense, UGA gets dominated in both those games.
But he actually did enough to win those games. If it’s and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas. Hooker didn’t even have a TD against UGA.

VN Store

Back