Hooker is not a Heisman finalist and you don't want to know who is 🤬

#1 candidate until he blows his knee out. Seems legit. Guys with league title games get benefit of extra game. The award continues to be nothing but a sham.

Yes, I recognized factual information, despite it being about a rival. Therefore, I must be a rival. I do agree with your skidmark attack on them though, that is also factual.

Cmon, brother. There is being 'factual', then there is taking every available opportunity to vigorously defend a rival better than their own fans do.

Face it, you're more an uga fan that UT. It's ok. I mean, I feel badly for you as a result, but at least it's honest. :cool::cool::cool:;););)

About 20-30 other QBs before I utter the name Stetson Bennett. Literally half the teams in the SEC have a better QB than Bennett. Hell we have 2 QBs better than Bennett, imo. Bennett isn't even likely to be drafted. Why in the hell is getting invited to NYC with such mediocre stats?
Because he got enough votes to have at least the fourth most votes. None of these voters are geniuses. They are just a bunch of media (lots of them actually) and 57 past winners that wait for the talking heads to tell them who to vote for in the last week. It’s a very unqualified award and mostly a tool to stimulate interest in the game. Not sure why anyone cares about it in this era. I guess because the media pushes it on us all year long.

Reactions: Carp
Your point would be valid if he had never beaten a good defense but he has. How has Hooker faired against Georgia's defense? Does that invalidate Hooker's performances against other good defenses? As I've said multiple times I think Hooker should have been invited I just think Bennett is not the least deserving on the list.
He has won against every defense on his schedule for 2 years except 1 game. Live with it. He is a great QB and his teammates love him. He is a good general and plays smart. He doesn’t have to put up Hookers numbers because he plays for a better team. What do you not get about that? He play within the game plan he is given. It is a system at Georgia and each game has a specific plan and he is expected to play within that plan. Don’t you realize Georgia makes you play their game. UT was able to play their game against everyone else but UGA made you play their game and that’s what they do best. Georgia is good at dictating how the game would be played and they make you play their game they don’t allow you to make them play your game. Tennessee relied on the shoot out every game and banked on scoring more than everyone else but Georgia didn’t allow you to do that and they haven’t every year They played you since Kirby has been there. I

Kyle Trask was a former walk-on who was a heisman finalist who had actually deserved it. He blows Stetson Bennett out of the water in every way. The voters can take their “feel good” story and shove it all the way up their a$$!

I’m not denying that Stetson is a good qb, but he is not finalist worthy period. I don’t give a flying F about his qbr. Please tell me the last time a qb won with 20td to 6int! You can’t. Bro went 3 co securing games without a passing td! 🤯 Don’t even get me started on the class and integrity part of it. Dude is a douche. He’s not a good person.

Your point would be valid if he had never beaten a good defense but he has. How has Hooker faired against Georgia's defense? Does that invalidate Hooker's performances against other good defenses? As I've said multiple times I think Hooker should have been invited I just think Bennett is not the least deserving on the list.

Hooker faired as good or better than Bennett against EVERY single like defense we faced. Your point would be valid if Bennett had to play his own defense. But honestly, I would not be surprised to see OSU dominate them defensively. OSU has the athletes to match up with UGA and a QB that is 10x better.

Bennett is not just the least deserving Heisman candidate this year, but he is likely the least deserving Heisman candidate EVER. His stats are literally pedestrian. He had 16 friggin passing TDs this time last week. SIXTEEN!!!!!! Hell, Joe Milton had 7 TDs himself.

Duggan deserves it 1000x more than Bennett does. Half the QBs in the SEC deserve it more then he does.

Last edited:
He has won against every defense on his schedule for 2 years except 1 game. Live with it. He is a great QB and his teammates love him. He is a good general and plays smart. He doesn’t have to put up Hookers numbers because he plays for a better team. What do you not get about that? He play within the game plan he is given. It is a system at Georgia and each game has a specific plan and he is expected to play within that plan. Don’t you realize Georgia makes you play their game. UT was able to play their game against everyone else but UGA made you play their game and that’s what they do best. Georgia is good at dictating how the game would be played and they make you play their game they don’t allow you to make them play your game. Tennessee relied on the shoot out every game and banked on scoring more than everyone else but Georgia didn’t allow you to do that and they haven’t every year They played you since Kirby has been there. I

Dude. Seriously. YOU ARE ON A TENNESSEE BOARD. Making an @$$ of yourself defending why a player who means a LOT to the fans of the BOARD YOU ARE ON was not invited to the Heisman award.

Can't you just STFU, just this once, and, I dunno, allow a fan base to be pi$$ed, ON THEIR OWN BOARD, that a fantastic QB like Hooker was dissed by the Heisman committee? Bennett is going. Nothing changes that. Why can't you just head on over to a 'dawg' board and celebrate?? Yet here you are, trying to defend it and somehow make us agree with you?

Seriously dude, just put the keyboard down, back away, and stop being a %$#@.

UGA can play whatever game they want. That doesn't make Bennett a good QB. He's a game manager.

But he actually did enough to win those games. If it’s and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas. Hooker didn’t even have a TD against UGA.
No. The defense won those games (and the UGA kicker). UGA could have started JG and won 13 games.

What a crock. Hooker should be there over Bennett and it’s not even close.

Also- Isn’t “integrity” *supposedly* a big part of the Heisman trophy? And if so, why are they inviting the guy that painted “F*** Utah” on his fingernails?

Reactions: 1989Vol
Dude. Seriously. YOU ARE ON A TENNESSEE BOARD. Making an @$$ of yourself defending why a player who means a LOT to the fans of the BOARD YOU ARE ON was not invited to the Heisman award.

Can't you just STFU, just this once, and, I dunno, allow a fan base to be pi$$ed, ON THEIR OWN BOARD, that a fantastic QB like Hooker was dissed by the Heisman committee? Bennett is going. Nothing changes that. Why can't you just head on over to a 'dawg' board and celebrate?? Yet here you are, trying to defend it and somehow make us agree with you?

Seriously dude, just put the keyboard down, back away, and stop being a %$#@.
There is no Heisman comittee! Don't you get that? Hooker did not get enough votes for an invite. 929 potential voters did not give him enough points. It's not rocket science.

Man I hope Heupel takes this personally. Hendon earned that spot and had a brilliant season. So ******* proud of that dude, it hurts that they did him like that.

That said, there is no clear Heisman this yr. I'm sure if you watched their entire body of work you could find one. Williams seems like the choice.

Williams 1
Stroud 2
Duggan 3
Bennett 4

Just don't understand Bennett over Hooker, Penix or Corum.

Hooker faired as good or better than Bennett against EVERY single like defense we faced. You're point would be valid if Bennett had to play his own defense. But honestly, I would not be surprised to see OSU dominate them offensively. OSU has the athletes to match up with UGA and a QB that is 10x better.

Bennett is not just the least deserving Heisman candidate this year, but he is likely the least deserving Heisman candidate EVER. His stats are literally pedestrian. He had 16 friggin passing TDs this time last week. SIXTEEN!!!!!! Hell, Joe Milton had 7 TDs himself.

Duggan deserves it 1000x more than Bennett does. Half the QBs in the SEC deserve it more then he does.
Preach!

Well, we have different definitions of game managers. I have never included in that definition people who were athletic enough to extend plays and outrun SEC defensive backs to the endzone. Jake Fromm, Jacob Coker, Greg McElroy those guys were game managers to me. Stetson Bennett is not.

Here, forgot your knee pads

It would be incredibly interesting to REALLY KNOW why the defense laid down against S. Carolina. Why the team chemistry/effort disappeared for one night only. Yeah, we know Banks/Hooker squabbled, but that doesn't explain the sleepwalking on defense and general laziness on both sides of the ball. It's like a guy who works his butt off for a 4.0 GPA, with a big job offer pending graduation, then fails all his final semester classes, laying around smoking weed. Makes no sense.

There is no Heisman comittee! Don't you get that? Hooker did not get enough votes for an invite. 929 potential voters did not give him enough points. It's not rocket science.
Excellent point! Surely Stetson’s stats are overwhelmingly better than Hooker’s then, right?

I could say the same for Stetson Bennett against Tennessee
15-21 for 231 yds and 2 tds before half

That doesn’t help your argument. You’re saying the USCjr game KOd Hooker when his stats were actually very good, just because they lost. He doesn’t play cornerback.

Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back