Hoke the Joke

I haven't read through all the responses, but we were amazed that they kicked off as scheduled in the second half. 50% of the lights had gone out and the rain was swirling in sheets. I swear our return team never saw the ball in the air. Radar clearly showed there was just a narrow storm band that would clear in less than ten minutes. Stupid decision.

Reactions: 1 person
That doesn't excuse a very poor decision for Hoke. He clearly just wanted to go home.

Yeah extra $50000 made him lazy and stupid...the man had to start 4 freshman on the OL ALONE.... it’s hard for me to be very critical of him...it would be slightly similar to ask the Titans to play ANYONE in the NFL (which I don’t watch) with 4 rookies on the OL... you’re beat before the coin toss!!!!

I thought the game was out of reach at that point. Give the ball to them there and the results are the same, defense could not stop them. Better to realize that and try to keep the ball. You can't make 1" you don't deserve to win then game, its that simple.

You've got to coach to extend the game. Punting there gives your defense a chance at least to get a turnover or 3 and out as LSU would be conservative deep in their own territory. Instead, he gives them another short field.

As a position coach he's been an F as far as I'm concerned. He has 3 5* guys and none play better than a 3*. He's just a dumbass coach and good recruiter, nothing else.

Yeah extra $50000 made him lazy and stupid...the man had to start 4 freshman on the OL ALONE.... it’s hard for me to be very critical of him...it would be slightly similar to ask the Titans to play ANYONE in the NFL (which I don’t watch) with 4 rookies on the OL... you’re beat before the coin toss!!!!

Right... it sounds like you are defending him for the same reason we think its dumb to go for it? I agree dumb. Already seen them decide to not field the ball, seen turnovers flip the field and put on more steam

In his radio interview, he said he had the chance to stop the game during the rainstorm before the kick but opted to play. He said he thought they could see.

Nice one.

If he really said this... wow. I was thinking maybe someone took out the lights trying to force the delay.

He did make a bone head call going for it on 4th and inches at his own 26 yard line . there was over 2 minutes left in the third quarter. we were only down 13 at the time . that was a horrible coaching decision and broke our back.

Just shut up dude. What did you expect from a guy who had 6 days to prepare as head coach against a top 25 team? You’re just looking to moan about something.

Ok i call bs here. This is what I expect. AFTER THE 1st muffed punt an intelligent group of coaches says ok my bad & puts a 2nd or even a 3rd guy back to help field if you really think fielding the ball is a good idea AFTER you just turned it over and should have learned from that experience. Just like the FLA coverage. Just like all the other bonehead things the staff has done and hasnt learned. Just like the field goal attempt... 4th on 25. This is basic stuff most high school coaches get right. Thats what we are pissed about.

COACH O is not the brightest yet somehow LSU figures the best not get near dat ball in dis here wuther. Figures footing might be an issue goes jumbo outweighs us by 400+ f ing pounds at the line. This kind of stuff.

Ok i call bs here. This is what I expect. AFTER THE 1st muffed punt an intelligent group of coaches says ok my bad & puts a 2nd or even a 3rd guy back to help field if you really think fielding the ball is a good idea AFTER you just turned it over and should have learned from that experience. Just like the FLA coverage. Just like all the other bonehead things the staff has done and hasnt learned. Just like the field goal attempt... 4th on 25. This is basic stuff most high school coaches get right. Thats what we are pissed about.

COACH O is not the brightest yet somehow LSU figures the best not get near dat ball in dis here wuther. Figures footing might be an issue goes jumbo outweighs us by 400+ f ing pounds at the line. This kind of stuff.

huh?

I don't blame him, I'd have said play ball too. Walking around the sideline in wet drawers has to be miserable, might as well get it over with quickly.....

VN Store

Back