Hoke the Joke

I will go as far as to say we would've won. I do think minus the 2 muffed punts we take a small lead into the locker room at the half. Also, I believe that kickoff, our offensive series, and their field position on the ensuing drive completely sucked the life out of our team

So without those 3, it's a different ballgame.

or they stop the game, lsu comes out and hangs 60 points on the orange.

In a two score game, you don't go for it on 4th down on your own 20 yd line. Even if they had made it, they would have been punting 3 plays later. This offense was not driving 80 yards. Plus, did anyone really think this offensive line could get any push against LSU's line.....heck, agains UMass' line would have been debatable.

that was a dumb call

Reactions: 1 person
It's not about the rain, it's about the freaking lights being out. Hard to play football using a born ball in the dark. Hoke is a joke just like Jones was. Can't wait until this entire staff, except Gillespie, is out of here. I feel like we have been robbed.

what's a born ball?

That doesn't excuse a very poor decision for Hoke. He clearly just wanted to go home.

Hoke was horrible on the sideline. Matched Butch at his worse. Taking the ball was the worst decision I've seen in yrs. going for it on 4th down at your 25 with a horrible OL is another.

Unforced Mistakes by players and coaches practically gave LSU every point they scored. Wonder why they're 0-7?

In his radio interview, he said he had the chance to stop the game during the rainstorm before the kick but opted to play. He said he thought they could see.

Nice one.
There is nothing about Coach Hoke that leads me to call him a joke.

Keyboarditis seems to be a real condition with many on the internet.....you think.

Keyboarditis - a condition where a person feels empowered to transmit mindless (and in many cases--flat-out stupid comments that have no relationship to the truth) dribble on blogs, message boards, etc.

Reactions: 3 people
A little harsh for an interim coach. If not for the muffed punts it was a 17-10 ballgame. I would have played in the driving rain or anything else that would have helped slow down the LSU ground game, even if it slows both sides the game gets shortened advantage UT.

The weather caused our two fumbled punts, but the coach could have told them to let them go. He even mentioned in the aftershow that LSU never fielded a punt. Decision to play, THEN the decision to receive instead of kicking off in that monsoon was worse in game coaching than Butch ever did here. Then you go for it on 4th down with a rag-tag OL inside your own 25 in the 3rd quarter with the game still in reach. Vols out gain Tigers, lead in time of possession. Mistakes directly gave LSU 17 point, and we lost by 20. Then add to the fact that had we only been down 3, wouldn't have had to go for it on 4th down in the red zone. Brady Hoke absolutely lost this game for us.

Can't blame him much. Maybe a call or two. He got put in a tough spot and did about all he could..Butch owns this season and every loss that goes with it.

hoke was horrible on the sideline. Matched butch at his worse. Taking the ball was the worst decision i've seen in yrs. Going for it on 4th down at your 25 with a horrible ol is another.

Unforced mistakes by players and coaches practically gave lsu every point they scored. Wonder why they're 0-7?

hoke = hal mumme

The weather caused our two fumbled punts, but the coach could have told them to let them go. He even mentioned in the aftershow that LSU never fielded a punt. Decision to play, THEN the decision to receive instead of kicking off in that monsoon was worse in game coaching than Butch ever did here. Then you go for it on 4th down with a rag-tag OL inside your own 25 in the 3rd quarter with the game still in reach. Vols out gain Tigers, lead in time of possession. Mistakes directly gave LSU 17 point, and we lost by 20. Then add to the fact that had we only been down 3, wouldn't have had to go for it on 4th down in the red zone. Brady Hoke absolutely lost this game for us.

I thought the game was out of reach at that point. Give the ball to them there and the results are the same, defense could not stop them. Better to realize that and try to keep the ball. You can't make 1" you don't deserve to win then game, its that simple.

I thought the game was out of reach at that point. Give the ball to them there and the results are the same, defense could not stop them. Better to realize that and try to keep the ball. You can't make 1" you don't deserve to win then game, its that simple.

Same. I knew that if we didn't score on that drive then it was over and likely over anyway. One big complaint about Butch was he had no aggression and lacked the balls to go for it on short yardage plays. Hoke was aggressive and went for it with the game on the line and is getting heat for it. Make up your mind guys. Do we want conversative or aggressive coach. To complain about it and then flip the complaint when you see what you wanted is just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We looked better with Hoke than Butch.

They were fired up from the start instead of waiting for something to get em going. Loved the atmosphere, if only our return game had not been the worst since back in Florida/UT days with Phil and Spurrier.

Did anyone on here expect the 2nd half to start in that situation? Lights out, monsoon. Whoever made the decision should be questioned imo. Regardless of the outcome

VN Store

Back