Hoke the Joke

Completely agree. I wanted to also add that the kickoff to start the second half should have been postponed. At least a few minutes until more of the lights could get turned back on. I was in my carband Tim Priest said he the refs should not have allowed the kickoff. He said Tennessee couldnt even see the ball.

I was in that end zone 20 rows off the field and barely saw it standing still let alone running around with a helmet on.....should not have started the 2nd half then but at least we can focus on Vandy and a new HC/staff with an actual clue how to coach kids up and win.....and not have to Google their names too :dunno:

Reactions: 1 person
In a two score game, you don't go for it on 4th down on your own 20 yd line. Even if they had made it, they would have been punting 3 plays later. This offense was not driving 80 yards. Plus, did anyone really think this offensive line could get any push against LSU's line.....heck, agains UMass' line would have been debatable.

Reactions: 3 people
In Hoke's defense, he had no cards to play......team 121 is a big bust, maybe the biggest ever in Vol history.....that's big

Again, not saying he would have won or anything. And you are right, he has no cards to play. But they did offer him a card to play to start the second half and he said no thanks. Why wouldn't you do it?

In a two score game, you don't go for it on 4th down on your own 20 yd line. Even if they had made it, they would have been punting 3 plays later. This offense was not driving 80 yards. Plus, did anyone really think this offensive line could get any push against LSU's line.....heck, agains UMass' line would have been debatable.

1 inch. They needed 1 inch!

That's what she said.

No, fadee just exposed your ignorance & you get huffy. Who's the snowflake? Check the mirror.

Yea I got huffy. :good!:

Do you even read the posts? He told me to shut up because I said Hoke made some poor decisions.

What ignorance did he expose?

Just shut up dude. What did you expect from a guy who had 6 days to prepare as head coach against a top 25 team? YouÂ’re just looking to moan about something.

Also, I was not aware that you need 6 days to use your eyesight to see that the weather might hinder your player's abilities to see. I expected some common sense and basic coaching skills. Didn't expect a win, just not blatantly poor decision-making.

We weren't winning even if Hoke had stopped the game. Let the players have it, they'll be telling their kids and grandkids stories about that one crazy game against LSU they got to play during a storm.

Reactions: 4 people
We weren't winning even if Hoke had stopped the game. Let the players have it, they'll be telling their kids and grandkids stories about that one crazy game against LSU they got to play during a storm.

I completely agree. I only take issue with the fact on the radio he said he had the choice and chose to play because he "thought the players could see".

If he even would have said "I believe football should be played unless there is lightning or immediate danger to the players", I would take no issue with it.

It wasn't a horrible decision. For one thing, it wasn't nearly as intense a few minutes before the kick off when Hoke would have been asked if he wanted it delayed. For another, had the field position been reasonable, the offense would have had an advantage in the dimmed lighting by being deceptive and hiding the ball carrier. It can be hard to tell if the QB or RB has the ball in perfect conditions.

I liked the call. You may as well. CanÂ’t get a foot, donÂ’t deserve a win anyways.

Reactions: 2 people

maybe that's why Hoke isn't a HC any more

People seriously blaming Hoke is ridiculous. Apparently, you haven't been watching all season.

Reactions: 4 people
The choice to go ahead with the kick off was a stupid decision. You guys can flap on about "it's football , you play it in the weather conditions" He had an option and choose the wrong one.

We didn't have a player who could field the ball in the rain, what made him think we could field it in that monsoon.

The decision to go for it in the second half backed up at the 20 yard line was also stupid.
Kick the damn ball and flip the field, Daniel was having a good night considering the wind. Take advantage of that.
Additionally, JG should have picked up the first on the third down. The keep was wide open in the middle. Again with his indecision and apparently really heavy shoes he waited to run it until the window was closing coming up short again.

Did I think we could win the game, no. But with a couple of smarter decisions we could of had a shot at it.

So now we play our ugly sister from the mid state to see who truly is the worst team in the conference.
Someone wake me up, this is the worst nightmare I've ever experienced

A team coached to lack discipline. I put it all on jones. It want be easy for the new coach to revive this team.

VN Store

Back