Graduate Transfer possibilities

One guy not on that last a few pages back is a guy Tennessee has actually reached out to, graduate transfer Mark Alstork, listed at 6'4" 195lbs...

Last year at Wright State:

30.2mpg 19ppg 4.7rpg 3.5apg 40%fg 39%3pt 85%ft

Never heard of him. Sounds like what we need... how big is his list? Is he down to a few schools or still looking around?

Because we don't have 2 open scholarships or an open coaching spot

Not to mention, the situation is very telling. Memphis needs all the good players they can get right now. This is a Memphis family. And yet still, the father was demoted last season and there did not appear to be much being done to accommodate their demands to keep them at Memphis. That is certainly not a ringing endorsement. Now on the court, they are great players. But that is not the entire story of their impact on a program. Let them be somebody else's problem.

Yeah, daddy will want a job on staff.

Yep. IMO the talent isn't worth the headache that comes with it.

It's not fun but I guess I'll trust the process if Barnes keeps finding guys like Grant Williams and Lamonte Turner. Ricky is playing the long game and finding coachable kids with potential who are going to stick around for 4 years.

Because we don't have 2 open scholarships or an open coaching spot

We will when the sophomore Lawson kid graduates. He is already close to being good enough to play college level basketball with his height & wingspan. If we don't recruit him hard there's something bad going on at UT with basketball recruiting.

I think the younger Lawson is the #8th ranked sophomore overall. We have got to get him here. He's already 6'7" but is a little thin but he's very athletic & can shoot, dribble, rebound, & block shots. He has it all pretty much.

So they are going to sit a yr then play another year? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Hell, go to Europe. That's probably where they'll start their pro career anyway.

We will when the sophomore Lawson kid graduates. He is already close to being good enough to play college level basketball with his height & wingspan. If we don't recruit him hard there's something bad going on at UT with basketball recruiting.

I think the younger Lawson is the #8th ranked sophomore overall. We have got to get him here. He's already 6'7" but is a little thin but he's very athletic & can shoot, dribble, rebound, & block shots. He has it all pretty much.

Tony, there are 2 Lawson's currently transferring from Memphis, we only have 1 scholarship.

Their dad also wants a spot on staff wherever they go, our staff is full.

Tony, there are 2 Lawson's currently transferring from Memphis, we only have 1 scholarship.

Their dad also wants a spot on staff wherever they go, our staff is full.

I'm not talking about the current Lawson brothers now. I'm talking about the Lawson brother currently at Memphis East as a sophomore. I realize now we have no room for these guys.

I figured that out going by what you or somebody else posted on the scholarships we have available. This Lawson kid will be graduating 3 years from now so schollies shouldn't be a problem with him unless I'm missing something. Thanks.

Going to be hard to find a place willing to use 2 scholarships for both to sit out a year

I'm not talking about the current Lawson brothers now. I'm talking about the Lawson brother currently at Memphis East as a sophomore. I realize now we have no room for these guys.

I figured that out going by what you or somebody else posted on the scholarships we have available. This Lawson kid will be graduating 3 years from now so schollies shouldn't be a problem with him unless I'm missing something. Thanks.

It won't be an issue for the youngest, but if the 2 brothers and dad go to 1 school you don't think that's also where the youngest is going?

Going to be hard to find a place willing to use 2 scholarships for both to sit out a year

Somewhere that's rebuilding or is looking to make a run, if Zo hadn't hired Porter's dad or if he can convince Lawson's pops to take a DOPD job like he had at Missouri I could see them being interested.

Somewhere that's rebuilding or is looking to make a run, if Zo hadn't hired Porter's dad or if he can convince Lawson's pops to take a DOPD job like he had at Missouri I could see them being interested.

Yea a place like Vandy last year with a very short list of players.

VN Store

Back