Graduate Transfer possibilities

Yeah, I just conformed the Matadors searching with Google but that's an odd abbreviation though for them. Seems like it should be CSNU instead of CSUN.

The "U" loooks like it's in the wrong place. I guess it's saying Cal State University of Northridge instead of Cal State Northridge University. Thanks.

Like the University of Penn State? The University of Michigan State? The University of Florida State. The University of Ohio State? The University of Louisiana State?

Last edited:
Like the University of Penn State? The University of Michigan State? The University of Florida State. The University of Ohio State? The University of Louisiana State?

Yeah, but Cal State Northridge actually has "University" in the middle & not at the first of their name. Instead of "University of" that the ones you mentioned have. :wink:

Yeah, but Cal State Northridge actually has "University" in the middle & not at the first of their name. Instead of "University of" that the ones you mentioned have. :wink:

To me it's not unusual to have the city at the very end. Ohio State Columbus University? Florida State Tallahassee University? Louisiana State Baton Rouge University? Penn State Happy Valley University?

Well in the original question, California State University is the system. So the city comes at the end. CSU at Northridge. CSU at Fullerton, CSU at SF and about 20 other CSU campuses. IMO CSUN is logical.

I didn't say it wasn't "logical" but you have to admit it's not common. That was my main point TGO. Thanks buddy.

I didn't say it wasn't "logical" but you have to admit it's not common. That was my main point TGO. Thanks buddy.

No, I don't. The city needs to be included to differentiate the various institutions and IMO should come at the end of the abbreviations. UTK and UTC or KUT and CUT or UKT and UCT? I guess we can agree to disagree. Thanks!

The proper name of the school I graduated from is now Cal State University, Chico, so CSUC. Of course when I graduated Ronald Reagan signed (stamped) my diploma, and it was still Chico State College, the No. 1 party school in the country, according to Playboy. Still, using obscure acronyms that few are familiar with bugs the heck out of me.

No, I don't. The city needs to be included to differentiate the various institutions and IMO should come at the end of the abbreviations. UTK and UTC or KUT and CUT or UKT and UCT? I guess we can agree to disagree. Thanks!

Are you saying that most universities are referred to having the "University" at the end or in the middle on their abbreviated name? I'm talking about in realism.

Not in your opinion. What it is or ain't. Most colleges have "University" at the beginning not anywhere else. That's the facts except for a few schools but not even close to the majority TGO. Thanks. Even Dallas doesn't know what to think about CSUN. :eek:lol:

Last edited:
I stumbled on a list of potential graduate transfers on an UGA website. These were some that were listed as confirmed grad transfers. Seems like UGA is looking for guards as well. I like Tennessee getting either an experienced PG or I would take a proven scorer, especially from 3 pt land that plays anywhere on the court. These were the interesting names:

Geno Thorpe – South Florida - 33 mpg, 14.8 ppg, 4.6 apg, 35% 3 pt

Antwoine Anderson – Fordham - 33.5 mpg, 11.2 ppg, 3.2 apg, 35.2% 3 pt

Payton Banks – Penn State - 26.5 mpg, 10.9 ppg, 1.0 apg, 37.9% 3 pt

Elijah Brown – New Mexico - 32.1 mpg, 18.9 ppg, 3.1 apg, 33.3% 3 pt

Marcus Jackson – Rice - 30.1 mpg, 12.2 ppg, 2.4 apg, 36.6% 3 pt

Kendall Smith – CSUN - 33.1 mpg, 16.6 ppg, 4.7 apg, 37.7% 3 pt

Jack Whitman – William & Mary - 22.1 mpg, 10.1 ppg, 1.2 apg, 0 3s?

Bump... I really don't care about the school abbreviations. This is good information though.

Are you saying that most universities are referred to having the "University" at the end or in the middle on their abbreviated name? I'm talking about in realism.

Not in your opinion. What it should or shouldn't be. Most colleges have "University" at the beginning not anywhere else. That's the facts except for a few schools but not even close to the majority TGO. Thanks. Even Dallas doesn't know what to think about CSUN. :eek:lol:

PSU, FSU, MSU, tOSU, LSU. Of the top of my head I can't think of a school that has "University" ahead of "State".

Moving on...

Reactions: 2 people
PSU, FSU, MSU, tOSU, LSU. Of the top of my head I can't think of a school that has "University" ahead of "State".

Moving on...

You did say of the guys listed from that one post you would pick Thorpe right? I think I would rather have Elijah Brown from New Mexico but Thorpe would be 2nd on my list of those guys listed. Thanks.

Yeah, I just conformed the Matadors searching with Google but that's an odd abbreviation though for them. Seems like it should be CSNU instead of CSUN.

The "U" loooks like it's in the wrong place. I guess it's saying Cal State University of Northridge instead of Cal State Northridge University. Thanks.

What set of rules did you force the Matadors to conform to? And which Matadors, all the ones in Spain?

Reactions: 1 person
You did say of the guys listed from that one post you would pick Thorpe right? I think I would rather have Elijah Brown from New Mexico but Thorpe would be 2nd on my list of those guys listed. Thanks.

Somebody else must have picked that. Unless it's a really good GT, I think that adding size might be the best option. Guards sometimes take longer to adjust to a new system. A JUCO guard makes more sense, but then that one scholarship for 2018 disappears. I'd be happy with another Lew Evans, despite the bashing from the dumb posters.

Somebody else must have picked that. Unless it's a really good GT, I think that adding size might be the best option. Guards sometimes take longer to adjust to a new system. A JUCO guard makes more sense, but then that one scholarship for 2018 disappears. I'd be happy with another Lew Evans, despite the bashing from the dumb posters.

Let them bash away TGO. I get bashed all the time for posting my opinion. Lew Evans really really helped us this past season despite what I thought he would even do. He was better than I thought he'd be for sure. He contributed to this team & I don't care what a single poster has to say about him either.

They think the 3 pts. game average I guess was enough to kick him off the team. He wasn't brought here to score. He was a role player that we used for fouls & rebounding plus more importantly toughness underneath in which he provided well.

Reactions: 1 person

Brown is not bad, but his shot attempts and percentages scare me a bit, we don't need a guy coming in jacking up 15 shots a game looking for his. Now admittidely I don't know much about him so maybe he's more than willing to tone it back and take his shots where they come, in that case his percentages very well may improve.

I liked Lew and haven't been one to bash him, but I do think and hope we could do better. Obviously if nothing else it doesn't hurt to add a guy like that, but I'm hoping we add a bigger impact player with this last spot.

Brown is not bad, but his shot attempts and percentages scare me a bit, we don't need a guy coming in jacking up 15 shots a game looking for his. Now admittidely I don't know much about him so maybe he's more than willing to tone it back and take his shots where they come, in that case his percentages very well may improve.

What's the difference between brown and darrington?

If you think about it Brown had to jack up 15+ shots per game playing for what was a mediocre New Mexico squad. He would tone it down to 8-10 shots I'm sure coming to UT to play a different role for CRB. Thanks.

If you think about it Brown had to jack up 15+ shots per game playing for what was a mediocre New Mexico squad. He would tone it down to 8-10 shots I'm sure coming to UT to play a different role for CRB. Thanks.

Well for a good Butler squad he shot even worse percentages than he did at New Mexico. Thanks.

VN Store

Back