Graduate Transfer possibilities

Good point. Thanks for the insight. What do you think about the tourney so far. I think that Scar is about as hot as any team in the country. And that defense is smothering.

They've bought in and defense travels, I honk Florida is gonna give them a good game though, could depend on Kevaughn Allen's ability to hit some tough shots.

I think so too. The fire he brought off the bench last night late in the game was off the chart. Plus CMW has done one heck of a job at Fla. Just really ticks me off thinking we were so close to hiring him.

CMW is doing a fantastic job at UF but he wouldn't have had the same success at UT. Tyndall left a huge mess with the NCAA hovering over us and it would have taken White longer to get us into the NCAA Tournament. Similar to the pace that Barnes is having with this team.

Reactions: 2 people
I would like to see CRB and his staff get another big man for depth purposes and you can never have enough bigs as Gonzaga has shown during the tournament. Their depth down low is what will enable them to win it all.

CMW is doing a fantastic job at UF but he wouldn't have had the same success at UT. Tyndall left a huge mess with the NCAA hovering over us and it would have taken White longer to get us into the NCAA Tournament. Similar to the pace that Barnes is having with this team.

One problem with theory. Mike White backing out at the last second is why we ended up with Tyndale.

Good find!

PG: Bone/Turner
SG: Bowden/Phillips
SF: Schofield/Johnson/Pons
PF: Williams/Fulkerson/Walker
C: Kaneter/Alexander/Kent

Really a lot of flexibility with the forward positions and that's a NCAA tournament team.

I like that lineup pretty well but if Turner & Bone turn the ball over like they did this past season then Phillips will be taking over at the point again but he should be playing SG. That's his natural position.

If we also get Chris Darrington then that's another one to add to the equation or mix. He's probably not SEC competition ready though. I would think both Walker & Pons would be both college ready.

Pons certainly has the body & physique ready for college & at 6'6" should be fine too. This should make for an NCAA tourney team but NIT without a doubt. We should have players that can actually play at all positions next season.

I would love to see some big time improvement out of Alexander. I think Fulkerson will come back from injury just fine. We should really go 11 deep at least for next season. If we get a decent/good transfer or sign Darrington that would make it 12 deep. That would be hard for CRB to manage though to keep everybody happy.

It would be nice to have a deep deep bench though for a change. It's not been that way since Bruce Pearl days really. We could definitely have a pretty good team in 17-18 season. If we get say Darrington & a transfer I'm going to say we could win 18-20 games in the regular season. Finish mid-pack in SEC or slightly better around 4th-6th. GO VOLS!

I like that lineup pretty well but if Turner & Bone turn the ball over like they did this past season then Phillips will be taking over at the point again but he should be playing SG. That's his natural position.

If we also get Chris Darrington then that's another one to add to the equation or mix. He's probably not SEC competition ready though. I would think both Walker & Pons would be both college ready.

Pons certainly has the body & physique ready for college & at 6'6" should be fine too. This should make for an NCAA tourney team but NIT without a doubt. We should have players that can actually play at all positions next season.

I would love to see some big time improvement out of Alexander. I think Fulkerson will come back from injury just fine. We should really go 11 deep at least for next season. If we get a decent/good transfer or sign Darrington that would make it 12 deep. That would be hard for CRB to manage though to keep everybody happy.

It would be nice to have a deep deep bench though for a change. It's not been that way since Bruce Pearl days really. We could definitely have a pretty good team in 17-18 season. If we get say Darrington & a transfer I'm going to say we could win 18-20 games in the regular season. Finish mid-pack in SEC or slightly better around 4th-6th. GO VOLS!

Darrington OR a transfer unless somebody else leaves... which would be kind of surprising IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
I stumbled on a list of potential graduate transfers on an UGA website. These were some that were listed as confirmed grad transfers. Seems like UGA is looking for guards as well. I like Tennessee getting either an experienced PG or I would take a proven scorer, especially from 3 pt land that plays anywhere on the court. These were the interesting names:

Geno Thorpe – South Florida - 33 mpg, 14.8 ppg, 4.6 apg, 35% 3 pt

Antwoine Anderson – Fordham - 33.5 mpg, 11.2 ppg, 3.2 apg, 35.2% 3 pt

Payton Banks – Penn State - 26.5 mpg, 10.9 ppg, 1.0 apg, 37.9% 3 pt

Elijah Brown – New Mexico - 32.1 mpg, 18.9 ppg, 3.1 apg, 33.3% 3 pt

Marcus Jackson – Rice - 30.1 mpg, 12.2 ppg, 2.4 apg, 36.6% 3 pt

Kendall Smith – CSUN - 33.1 mpg, 16.6 ppg, 4.7 apg, 37.7% 3 pt

Jack Whitman – William & Mary - 22.1 mpg, 10.1 ppg, 1.2 apg, 0 3s?

Reactions: 1 person
Only name I've seen so far that I would be interested in is Geno Thorpe, I'm sure more will come available but it's gonna be hard to convince a top graduate transfer to come here.

Kendall Smith – CSUN - 33.1 mpg, 16.6 ppg, 4.7 apg, 37.7% 3 pt

Please excuse my lapse of mind but who is CSUN? I'm just not getting who that school is right now. Thanks.

Doesn't fit the abbreviation name though. That would be UCSN for Cal State Northridge. I can't come up with a school myself. I guess off to Google I go. :)

It's Cal State Northridge, Tony.

It's Cal State Northridge, Tony.

Yeah, I just conformed the Matadors searching with Google but that's an odd abbreviation though for them. Seems like it should be CSNU instead of CSUN.

The "U" loooks like it's in the wrong place. I guess it's saying Cal State University of Northridge instead of Cal State Northridge University. Thanks.

VN Store

Back