Got a red light photo ticket today

I've heard that a lot of the revenue from Knoxville cameras goes out of town/state.....

I would like to know how the money would go out of the jurisdiction......?????

That would be a legal matter in and of itself.

I got one and threw it out. Since they do not send them certified mail you can just say you never received it...either way it's a joke.

I would like to know how the money would go out of the jurisdiction......?????

That would be a legal matter in and of itself.
Here's an article... Redflex had made $3 million as of this article.... I don't know what the new deal is with Lasercraft....

Redflex deal will extend red-light cameras for 60 more days Knoxville News Sentinel
The city's contract with Redflex is strictly a revenue-sharing agreement, while the company retains ownership of all cameras and related equipment now installed among 15 city intersections - equipment that Redflex will remove when the contract ends.
Citations to red-light runners caught on camera are $50 each. Under the contract terms, the city receives 15 percent of the monthly revenues generated by each individual camera, up to $4,500. Any monthly per-camera revenues beyond that are split 50-50.
Last year, Redflex earned $1,644,718.90 in Knoxville, and another $955,013.70 was generated for the city's general fund. The company has earned more than $3 million locally since its first Knoxville camera was installed in April 2006.
Mills added that, as negotiations continue with Lasercraft, the city expects that the new contract terms "would not be any less advantageous to the city."

The not coming to a complete stop on right turns to me are the ridiculous ones. I almost got in a wreck last night at like 4am when I was coming home because there was obviously no turns and I had to stop as to not get a ticket and the guy behind me had to slam on his brakes because he wasnt expecting me to stop. Someone should sue them.

ok, gotcha, i just heard the story and wasnt sure where, i thought the joker said it was here

I have been working on stopping these things with alot of people across the state.
We need your help to stop Traffic Cameras. The
Transportation Committee will meet Monday at 3pm
2 reps in Knoxville remain pro camera.
They are Vince Dean (Hamilton County Phone (615) 741-1934 Fax
(615) 253-0271 Email rep.vince.dean@capitol.tn.gov) and Jimmy
Mattlock (Loudon and Monroe Counties Phone (615) 741-3736 Email
rep.jimmy.matlock@capitol.tn.gov).
We are organizing as many as we can to contact them and need
help from voters in their districts
Don't think others will contact them do it. Get your family friends co-workers even strangers
more info can be found here Kill Tennessee Traffic Cameras | Facebook

Update: My court date is Feb. 22. I'm not going and they are claiming they will issue a warrant for my arrest if I don't show. I'm not worried in the least. Worst that can happen is I get arrested, hire a lawyer, and this thing gets thrown out. It may even be a educational experience given that I have never availed myself of the justice system after being arrested. I'm definitely not worrying about this thing until they make me worry about it.

I'll let everybody knows what happens.

Catlett said Knoxville has in its ordinance a contingency for such measures. He used Enterprise Rent A Car as an example. The company is ultimately responsible for their rental cars, but what happens if one of their renters runs a red light. He said if someone else is driving a vehicle that runs a red light, the owner may file an affidavit with the police department swearing he or she wasn’t driving the car at the time and offer up evidence on the identity of the actual driver. The real driver would then receive the citation.

A quote from Knoxville media.

I also thought this link below made it pretty clear why most cities/towns are installing these cameras. Profit Potential. All that has to happen is for the town of Farragut to have 150+ violations to receive $32 per $50 citation. If the 3,019 warnings issued during the 45-day warning period are any indicator, then the town has a potential profit of nearly $800,000/year.

Red-light cameras catch 3,000-plus in 45 days

are they contemplating putting speed cameras on kingston pike?

they have the "You're current speed is _____" devices as you travel east and west near cherokee blvd... they look fairly permanent....

Update: My court date is Feb. 22. I'm not going and they are claiming they will issue a warrant for my arrest if I don't show. I'm not worried in the least. Worst that can happen is I get arrested, hire a lawyer, and this thing gets thrown out. It may even be a educational experience given that I have never availed myself of the justice system after being arrested. I'm definitely not worrying about this thing until they make me worry about it.

I'll let everybody knows what happens.

You locked up now?

VN Store

Back