Got a red light photo ticket today

0808dp_08_z+am_general_humvee+military_checkpoint.jpg

Booze it and Lose It

If you live in Tennessee, call 615-741-3954. Give them your license number or SSN and they can tell you.
:hi:

Have there been a lot of accidents in the roundabouts? I could see that happening... "danged european roundabouts!!!" :eek:lol:

my favorite is still the guy that got his picture taken while trying to disable the camera on broadway @ 640... :eek:lol:

I'm going to argue this thing. Evidently they can't even come after you legally if you don't pay it. They send it to a collection agency and have them bother you. If this was really about safety, they would issue a bench warrant for my arrest for not paying it, not send it to a collection agency and mess with my credit.

I'm going to argue this thing. Evidently they can't even come after you legally if you don't pay it. They send it to a collection agency and have them bother you. If this was really about safety, they would issue a bench warrant for my arrest for not paying it, not send it to a collection agency and mess with my credit.

another good solution

21585d1249007433-ground-bees-flamethrower.jpg

I am sure it varies by state but I have seen guys have their license suspended for it. I know CA and NY does.

Cameras don't require calibration. It's simple time vs position.

The same way Vascar works. Simply measures elapsed time between two points of known distance and calculates avg. mph. You can beat it by slowing cosiderably within the measured distance. If you realize you are being timed.

Last edited:
Funny (not really)...my wife just told me she got one of these little "notices" from the Town of Farragut. Can I get a consensus statement about what to do with it? She was turning right and it says she didn't stop all the way.

Did you get a copy of it? you should post it. I have one of me in Germany probably back in 89 some time speeding in Stuttgart FRG. It's a good pick and there's no arguing it was me driving. I'll have to find it and post it.

I have had two of these such tickets...didn't pay the first one, it doubled...not knowing much about the legal aspects of it all, I paid it. Both tickets were from not coming to a complete stop when going right on red. Absurd.

I just got a second letter in the mail telling me I failed to pay the fine and a court date has been set for me to argue it. If I don't show up they claim they will issue a bench warrant for my arrest.

I'm still ignoring it and calling their bluff. Nobody from St. Louis (where it was issued, to somebody else driving my car) has ever been arrested over these things. If they do arrest me then they are basically saying this is a criminal matter and not civil, of which, lawyers would have a field day with this considering they don't actually have me on camera, only my car...to say nothing of the blatant 5th amendment violations these things perpetrate.

Apparently if it's not you. You have legal precedent not to have to pay it.

How to Fight a Red Light Camera Ticket | eHow.com

Thanks, but this ticket is a little different. There is no photo of the driver, just the license plate. Also, the city created a specific statute that addresses these photo tickets, very narrowly defined, to make them very difficult to fight in front of a judge.

I've talked to a lawyer friend of mine, showed him the specific statute, and he advised me to ignore it. Showing up to court is aiken to admitting guilt with how this is set up. If they arrest me, he knows several local lawyers that would defend me for free because they would have a field day with how the system is set up, probably setting precedent to get the cameras removed. My lawyer friend seems to think that is why nobody has ever been arrested over these things. The city knows they don't have a case and are banking on people getting scared by the threat and paying the money.

VN Store

Back