Good looking team

which player or players have performed at an All SEC Conference level that is on this roster? Include incoming players. Talking about their performance in past seasons...

I've been asking this question for 3 months now and people that see the players everyday have been unable to name one..
and they have to play to prove that right? So who cares if they havent even played yet...

the talent is there.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Not trying to be negative but one thing to think about we have seniors coming back because of a Covid year.Do all teams not? Maybe we have more coming back than say Bama because theirs went to the NFL.We probably also lost more than any team due to the coaching change.Don’t we lead the portal? Thanks Gump.
Pretty sure we did lead the nation in that. At least that is something. Possibly have another with Maurer, and we also have had two players retire in the last week.

Maybe we do end up 5-7...
But I'd be very surprised.
I lowkey think we have 9-3 , 10-2 talent.

This is a talented team.
We have a 5 star QB who might not even be starter because of other talented guys.

RBs that can play WR and RB about 4 deep
- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)
- Wright - can all do everything.

WRa that can run. Some ranked high in prep.
Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
Jones - All Conference Return Man
And MORE!

Big strong higley ranked OL. Two 5 *s starting at the tackles and big strong men in between.

And the DEFENSE is just littered with athletic fast dudes that are relatively unknown.

10-2.
And I ain't saying it's going to be Florida .

I'm ready for this!!

Vol fans do this every year, without fail

and they have to play to prove that right? So who cares if they havent even played yet...

the talent is there.

well, entering 2021 season, 59 players on the roster have had an opportunity to show that talent level in college ball. again, which has performed at an All Conference level?

Vol fans do this every year, without fail

Wasn't too long ago UT went 9-4 back to back seasons with an asshat as head coach.

10-2 is definitely a little "ambitious ".
But this 6-6 nonsense people are spouting off when we just brought in one of the best offensive staffs in the country, and we have legit P5 talent at every level- is ridiculous.

This is ain't EVERY OTHER year. This is Josh Heupels first season.

well, entering 2021 season, 59 players on the roster have had an opportunity to show that talent level in college ball. again, which has performed at an All Conference level?

Yeah, Travis Henry and Stephens did what exactly in Jamal Lewis freshman year?
What were Peerless accolades after the 1997 season? Was Tee Martin EVER All- Conference in anything???
Deon Grant did what in 1997?

You think your question is much more important or definitive than it actually is.

It's not...

“Bud” UK just lost their 10 best players and have to replace their starting QB out of a room where any of UTs four would be the best player.

You’ll just have to do your own reading on Mizzou. They had a decent system for finding and polishing diamonds but the last coach couldn’t sustain it. They have serious talent gaps and are thinner than UT
Missouri made a good hire in Eli Drinkwitz. The guy can coach. I believe he'll bring a new Level of success to the Tigers, and it will be interesting to see him match wits with Heupel annually.

Missouri made a good hire in Eli Drinkwitz.
Agree. But I don't think many of you understand how difficult it is to recruit enough talent to be competitive at Mizzou. Missouri's HS FB is worse than TN's. It may be worse than KY's. There are only a few pockets of talent around the state. The nearest significant talent pool is Texas... and they have to convince guys to drive past Texas, TAM, OSU, OU, Arkansas, LSU, etc to get to MU. It is a really tough sell and gets even tougher if a kid from Texas or Florida visits during the winter. It is cold and windy... and there's not a ton of winter recreation. They do not have a historic national pull like UT and several other SEC schools.

Pinkel had developed a system for identifying guys they could develop. Odom lost that. There is a recruiting and talent gap in their roster now. Even considering the freak convergence of UT/UGA/UF all being down when Pinkel came into the SEC, he had a string of 3 and 4 year developed players who were able to win the East. Their true competitiveness was revealed in the CG's they played in. You've seen the apex of what that program is capable of doing until they have better recruiting lines.

The guy can coach. I believe he'll bring a new Level of success to the Tigers, and it will be interesting to see him match wits with Heupel annually.
I believe he is a talented coach who made a career mistake. They have a very long pattern of peaks and valleys with the "peak" around 8 wins and the valley around 3. If he does significantly better than that then he will play it into a better gig.

Reactions: LittleVol
Agree. But I don't think many of you understand how difficult it is to recruit enough talent to be competitive at Mizzou. Missouri's HS FB is worse than TN's. It may be worse than KY's. There are only a few pockets of talent around the state. The nearest significant talent pool is Texas... and they have to convince guys to drive past Texas, TAM, OSU, OU, Arkansas, LSU, etc to get to MU. It is a really tough sell and gets even tougher if a kid from Texas or Florida visits during the winter. It is cold and windy... and there's not a ton of winter recreation. They do not have a historic national pull like UT and several other SEC schools.

Pinkel had developed a system for identifying guys they could develop. Odom lost that. There is a recruiting and talent gap in their roster now. Even considering the freak convergence of UT/UGA/UF all being down when Pinkel came into the SEC, he had a string of 3 and 4 year developed players who were able to win the East. Their true competitiveness was revealed in the CG's they played in. You've seen the apex of what that program is capable of doing until they have better recruiting lines.

I believe he is a talented coach who made a career mistake. They have a very long pattern of peaks and valleys with the "peak" around 8 wins and the valley around 3. If he does significantly better than that then he will play it into a better gig.

Solid points. Didn't realize Missouri HS football was so abysmal. Figured that metro St. Louis and Kansas City would likely have some talent, at least more than Scott Frost can find in Nebraska, but both schools have that challenge. Both campuses can be bleak in winter and the Sunbelt talent would likely pass.

Solid points. Didn't realize Missouri HS football was so abysmal. Figured that metro St. Louis and Kansas City would likely have some talent, at least more than Scott Frost can find in Nebraska, but both schools have that challenge. Both campuses can be bleak in winter and the Sunbelt talent would likely pass.
In '21, they had 4 guys rated 4* in the whole state plus 28 rated 3*. They only signed one of the 4*. There is a "mini" recruiting spot in East St Louis, IL. They've picked up players from there.

Tennessee by comparison had nine 4* players followed by 50 3* players.

There's no middle ground with us is there? It's either the 'sky is falling' or 10-2.......
10-2 is my Orange Shade HYPE POSTING (look at me) pick.
Teams have off days. There's injuries.

If we stay relatively healthy...than I feel like we are 8-4 or better this season.
You;ll see the difference in coaching and culture from Heupel vs Pruitt.

In 2019...we also had 3 "start up" games to get is primed. We went 1-2 because Pruitt set his own team up for failure with putting JG at the helm of a team that didn't believe in him. Rightfully so. He was the worst QB in UT history.

2021? Very similar 3 game start up. We will "comfortably" be 3-0. Pitt will be the closest game and that will still be a 3+ TD victory. 45-17 or so...

You have to hate off season... 9-3, 10-2? Every year these posters build up expectations and then scream for the coaches head when it doesn't happens, Quick fix.......BECOME ALABAMA FANS and then you can feel good around the water cooler on Monday's.

You have to hate off season... 9-3, 10-2? Every year these posters build up expectations and then scream for the coaches head when it doesn't happens, Quick fix.......BECOME ALABAMA FANS and then you can feel good around the water cooler on Monday's.
Hey. Guess what? Tennessee has been 9-3 , 10-2 as a normal thing before.

We play 3 top 25 teams as of right now.
So please explain why we will lose to everyone else that is not ranked?

Just because YOU can't see the potential of this team doesn't mean I should tuck my tail like you and hide.

Hey. Guess what? Tennessee has been 9-3 , 10-2 as a normal thing before.

We play 3 top 25 teams as of right now.
So please explain why we will lose to everyone else that is not ranked?

Just because YOU can't see the potential of this team doesn't mean I should tuck my tail like you and hide.

No one said anything about tucking any tails but come on sir and stop setting yourself up for disappointment. Seriously get a grip on reality and stop pushing for something that isn't to be this season but will say this. If UT wins 9-10 games this year I'll eat my hat and post video but I'm sure I'm safe. I'll take a 7-5 season as success for this year but stop placing hope in a 9-10 win season. When it doesn't happen you'll be the first screaming for CJH's head.

As to losing to everyone that isn't ranked... REMEMBER LAST YEAR?. We have so many things stacked against us and while I hope CJH is the man nothing and I repeat nothing points to it. You know I use to believe in Santa but I woke up and saw mom and dad placing gifts under the tree and I hope I'm wrong but there won't be many gifts under the tree this year.

Last edited:
No one said anything about tucking any tails but come on sir and stop setting yourself up for disappointment. Seriously get a grip on reality and stop pushing for something that isn't to be this season but will say this. If UT wins 9-10 games this year I'll eat my hat and post video but I'm sure I'm safe. I'll take a 7-5 season as success for this year but stop placing hope in a 9-10 win season. When it doesn't happen you'll be the first screaming for CJH's head.

As to losing to everyone that isn't ranked... REMEMBER LAST YEA?. We have so many things stacked against us and while I hope CJH is the man nothing and I repeat nothing points to it. You know I use to believe in Santa but I woke up and saw mom and dad placing gifts under the tree and I hope I'm wrong but there won't be many gifts under the tree this year.
THIS ISN'T LAST YEAR!!!!

THIS ISN'T LAST YEAR!!!!

I love the enthusiasm but no this isn't last year and the only thing that's changed is we have a COMPLETE unknown running the program and a coach unproven in the SEC. Sunshine pumpers are one thing but stop setting yourself up for heartache. It only leads to despair and disappointment. Expecting to win 9 or 10 games this year is foolish, I'd love nothing better to happen but I live in the real world which says anything over 5-6 wins and we've had a decent first year with a first year coach.

It's fans like yourself that place too high of expectations on a first year coach and after the season is over and you don't see the results you expected call for his head and in another 3 years we are looking for another coach. This has to end and while I hope CJH is the man I doubt it. When Danny White was named Ad I knew who our coach would be and quite frankly the man is in over his head. I hope I'm wrong but don't think I am. I've eaten crow before and will gladly eat more but I don't see him or his system winning at UT. JMHO

THIS ISN'T LAST YEAR!!!!

10-2 is definitely a little "ambitious ".
But this 6-6 nonsense people are spouting off when we just brought in one of the best offensive staffs in the country, and we have legit P5 talent at every level- is ridiculous.

This is ain't EVERY OTHER year. This is Josh Heupels first season.[/QUOTE]

Step away from the computer, take a deep breath and relax and grab a drink of your choice but clam down and just let the season play out. I'm not as optimistic as you are and as I said before you'll be calling for CJH's head if he doesn't meet your 9-3 or 10-2 season as will others and then we are back to square one. Jeez, let the season play out and lets see where we are headed.

Last edited:
Don’t worry about LWSVol guys he is still pissed his boy Fulmer got canned. There is a faction of the fanbase still wanting to run an archaic pro style offense from back in the 90’s, these are the type of fans that should be put on ignore

VN Store

Back