Good looking team

LittleVol

Of course I can help you, Coach Heupel.
Maybe we do end up 5-7...
But I'd be very surprised.
I lowkey think we have 9-3 , 10-2 talent.

This is a talented team.
We have a 5 star QB who might not even be starter because of other talented guys.

RBs that can play WR and RB about 4 deep
- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)
- Wright - can all do everything.

WRa that can run. Some ranked high in prep.
Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
Jones - All Conference Return Man
And MORE!

Big strong higley ranked OL. Two 5 *s starting at the tackles and big strong men in between.

And the DEFENSE is just littered with athletic fast dudes that are relatively unknown.

10-2.
And I ain't saying it's going to be Florida .

I'm ready for this!!

I like the optimism. But we gotta pump the brakes. Saying that we’re so talented at qb because we have a 5 star who may not even start is ridiculous. We don’t know much about any of the qbs at this point, other than Maurer being inconsistent and Bailey struggling to read coverages fast enough. Milton and Hooker are both big question marks. Let’s not pretend that the team isnt having to learn a whole new system, on top of losing 26 players to the portal.

Who are the 5 star tackles? I thought a walk on that was awarded a scholarship would be starting at left tackle.
Yeah, per Brown at the last practice....

"The situation at offensive tackle on Tuesday was the same as it was on Monday as the Vols worked Dayne Davis alongside Cade Mays and freshman William Parker at right tackle. Clearly it appears the Vols are trying to get all three of their top tackles to be able to play both right and left."

Dayne Davis is a great young man but a walk on made good...... not a 5*. I wish him the best.

Who are the 5 star tackles? I thought a walk on that was awarded a scholarship would be starting at left tackle.

I guess there is a possibility that 5*s Darnell Wright will be a Left Tackle and Cade Mays at Right Tackle.

There are five words missing from the opening statement "The players are buying in"

This is a talented team.
We have a 5 star QB who might not even be starter because of other talented guys.

- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)

Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
And MORE!

Big strong higley ranked OL. Two 5 *s starting at the tackles and big strong men in between.

And the DEFENSE is just littered with athletic fast dudes that are relatively unknown.

10-2.

I'm ready for this!!
I already told myself not to get excited right before the season. It is easy to fall prey to so I don’t blame you. Expectations are still 7-5 for me and that is a good year tbh

People need to stop worrying about records and enjoy this season. It's going to have ups and downs, and its going to be over before we know it and we are 4 months away from Spring practice. Setting expectations or suggesting expectations on this staff and current team really isn't fair given what the current team has been through since early 2020.

Just enjoy the ride.

This is a talented team.

- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)

Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
And MORE!

10-2.

I'm ready for this!!
Let's hope no injuries happen. That's the only thing I see that could stop us from having a decent season

People need to stop worrying about records and enjoy this season. It's going to have ups and downs, and its going to be over before we know it and we are 4 months away from Spring practice. Setting expectations or suggesting expectations on this staff and current team really isn't fair given what the current team has been through since early 2020.

Just enjoy the ride.
So don't worry about winning, just enjoy the ride. Oh OK

If this offense can get going and can score a lot, what about defense? Can they come up with 3/4 key stops a game? They will somehow have to get off of the field on 3rs downs..... Critical

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I think it's all going to come down to how fortunate we are with injuries and how this staff manages our depth. Like others have said, I think our team is more talented than some give them credit for. A lot of it is just unproven. However we are rail thin at certain positions and a rash of injuries could potentially kill any hopes of a winning season. In a BEST case scenario I still say we are probably an 8-4 football team. However if history is any indication, we WILL in fact sustain some injuries at key positions and we'll probably end up somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5.

I like the optimism. But we gotta pump the brakes. Saying that we’re so talented at qb because we have a 5 star who may not even start is ridiculous. We don’t know much about any of the qbs at this point, other than Maurer being inconsistent and Bailey struggling to read coverages fast enough. Milton and Hooker are both big question marks. Let’s not pretend that the team isnt having to learn a whole new system, on top of losing 26 players to the portal.
So you don't like my optimism.

I ain't pumpin JACK!

Darnell Wright has been working at left tackle all week. Elarbee said he is settling in nice there. Davis has been working at right tackle behind Mays and Parker
Mays can play anywhere but I thought his most natural position was guard. Awesome that the freshman Parker is competing for a spot. Also, glad that Wright stayed with us after he was rumored to be on his way out earlier in the year...maybe reflects well on Elarbee.

Reactions: savannahfan

Just enjoy the ride.
You do you,.and I'll do me.

I can set expectations and still enjoy good play even if they don't reach the goal.

10-2!!!
🇺🇸

I agree. A lot of talent on this team. I expect to see more blowouts this year than we have seen in a couple decades.

Reactions: Jacksonvol

This is a talented team.

- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)

Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
And MORE!

10-2.

I'm ready for this!!
After many, many years of doing my share of drinking, I have found that is not a good thing
to take pen to paper early In the morning. LOL. I believe, I believe you may be on to something.

VN Store

Back