Good looking team

I love the enthusiasm but no this isn't last year and the only thing that's changed is we have a COMPLETE unknown running the program and a coach unproven in the SEC. Sunshine pumpers are one thing but stop setting yourself up for heartache. It only leads to despair and disappointment. Expecting to win 9 or 10 games this year is foolish, I'd love nothing better to happen but I live in the real world which says anything over 5-6 wins and we've had a decent first year with a first year coach.

It's fans like yourself that place too high of expectations on a first year coach and after the season is over and you don't see the results you expected call for his head and in another 3 years we are looking for another coach. This has to end and while I hope CJH is the man I doubt it. When Danny White was named Ad I knew who our coach would be and quite frankly the man is in over his head. I hope I'm wrong but don't think I am. I've eaten crow before and will gladly eat more but I don't see him or his system winning at UT. JMHO
Blah blah blah.
Get ready to eat crow.
Are you done now?

Reactions: Orange_Crush
10-2 is definitely a little "ambitious ".
But this 6-6 nonsense people are spouting off when we just brought in one of the best offensive staffs in the country, and we have legit P5 talent at every level- is ridiculous.

This is ain't EVERY OTHER year. This is Josh Heupels first season.

Step away from the computer, take a deep breath and relax and grab a drink of your choice but clam down and just let the season play out. I'm not as optimistic as you are and as I said before you'll be calingl for CJH's head if he doesn't meet your 9-3 or 10-2 season as will others and then we are back to square one. Jeez, let the season play out and lets see where we are headed.[/QUOTE]
I didn't call for Pruitt's head until he wouldn't pull JG AFTER 2 pick sixes vs Kentucky. That was year 3. It was obvious he wasn't committed to winning.

Heupel has already coached in this conference, bruh. Go piss in someone else's wheaties!

I've described WHY we would have success. I'm aware of the roster. I'm aware of the coaches and their track record. I'm also aware of our opposition's talent and coaches.
All you're doing is spouting is yellow bellied drivel with no ZERO analysis as to why..
This is NOT a difficult schedule.
And since you have ZERO input on the actual capabilities of the program, then I could give 2 💩s what you have to say about my opinion.

Get your game up lil dude.

Any of our QBs last year would've still been their best player. Their QBs are a trainwreck, but it doesn't matter. We lost more than 10 starters as well believe it or not. Again, despite what you said, we didn't lose by 3. We got dismantled by a Kentucky in our own place. We still have to beat them on the field and finish ahead of them for any of that to matter.

Missouri is Missouri. They've never been the most talented, but they get the most out of what they got. They finished ahead of us as well in the standings. Yes we did beat them, but we got them at the perfect time. We certainly have a chance against them, but we'll be underdogs in that game most likely (especially at Missouri).
Hm... Interesting logic. UK beat us last year, so we're behind them. We beat Mizzu last year, so we're behind them.

We have to beat UK on the field (since our loss to them) for anything to matter. We beat Mizzu last year, but that doesn't matter.

Dude, you're all over the place in your analysis.

Reactions: sjt18
I love the enthusiasm but no this isn't last year and the only thing that's changed is we have a COMPLETE unknown running the program and a coach unproven in the SEC. Sunshine pumpers are one thing but stop setting yourself up for heartache. It only leads to despair and disappointment. Expecting to win 9 or 10 games this year is foolish, I'd love nothing better to happen but I live in the real world which says anything over 5-6 wins and we've had a decent first year with a first year coach.

It's fans like yourself that place too high of expectations on a first year coach and after the season is over and you don't see the results you expected call for his head and in another 3 years we are looking for another coach. This has to end and while I hope CJH is the man I doubt it. When Danny White was named Ad I knew who our coach would be and quite frankly the man is in over his head. I hope I'm wrong but don't think I am. I've eaten crow before and will gladly eat more but I don't see him or his system winning at UT. JMHO
That isn't the only thing that changed.

And CJH isn't unproven in the SEC.

And you don't know enough about the fan you're posting to to generalize with "fanss like you" accusations.

You're pretty fond of hyperbole for a realist. I'd recommend calming down and easing up on trying to suck the hope out of people. Geez.

There's no middle ground with us is there? It's either the 'sky is falling' or 10-2.......

I have us anywhere from 8-4 to 11-1.
But, yes...10-2 is my feeling.
All 3 of Bama, UGA, and Florida have question marks. I don't think we go 0-3 there.

- BGS (lol)
- Pitt ( strong backfield and thin defense
Load up and then kill them with quick game on offense. Game is over by 2nd Qtr)
- TT (...)
- Florida (defense? Qb? Wr??) Toss up
- Mizzou ( VERY thin. Lost their top RB and leader at ILB, and still isn't getting it done om the recruiting trail)
- South Carolina ( Young QB. Backfield thin. Defense thin)
- Ole Miss ( is their defense better than ours? Can they stop our run game? No to both and we will be efficient in the pass game) edge Vols
Alabama- (not one of their better teams...but 2022 they should be VERY good. Still better than us this season. Loss)

This is probably the most manageable schedule we've had in a long time.

- Kentucky ( STILL NO OFFENSE, and a defense that needs to reload vs a more talented skill group in Tennessee. )
USA- (awesome acronym! But...)
UGA- ( very very talented...but do they have an identity? What are they playing for at this point in the season? When we have an offense we ALWAYS give them trouble ) edge UGA.
Vandy - (...)

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Hm... Interesting logic. UK beat us last year, so we're behind them. We beat Mizzu last year, so we're behind them.

We have to beat UK on the field (since our loss to them) for anything to matter. We beat Mizzu last year, but that doesn't matter.

Dude, you're all over the place in your analysis.
No they're ahead of us because they finished ahead of us. It shouldn't be this hard

This isn't a thread for rational people, we probably should just let them pump sunshine until their hearts content.

The Unproven in the SEC argument is lame…How many coaches have won anything outside of Saban in the SEC? Kirby and Coach O that’s about it and it’s not like ppl consider them great coaches

This isn't a thread for rational people, we probably should just let them pump sunshine until their hearts content.
God forbid people ACTUALLY bring analysis about their own team and ACTUALLY be positive about what's there.

You and that other nut are just pissing on people just to piss. You don't even know what's on the roster. You know names, but you don't even see the skillset assembled.

Who gives a care what ignorant negative people have to say?

So piss here, or somewhere else I don't care. People are gonna laugh at your lack of manhood regardless👍.

One of the two, sure. But they both finished with better records than us when everyone played entirely sec schedules. Granted our schedule was harder than Missouri's, but they're all pretty equal.
We got worse as the year went on.

You saw a coaching staff and team that gave up sometime during the UGA game...

You all are vastly underestimating the psychology ot football. You can never win when you're busy beating yourself.
I thought JG made that obvious for everyone.

This is whole new team with a completely different mindset and skillset.

No they're ahead of us because they finished ahead of us. It shouldn't be this hard
You seem to have missed my point.

It's been explained why UT shouldn't be considered an underdog to to UK. Your response was literally:

"We still have to beat them on the field and finish ahead of them for any of that to matter. "

And simultaneously... We beat Mizzu last year, but *that* doesn't matter.

Like I said, your analysis is all over the place. By that, I mean that your logic slants against UT in ways that it doesn't slant against our opponents as you work extremely hard to sap hope from UT fans.

It's pretty strange, actually.

And for the record, we don't have to beat anyone or finish ahead of them for "any of that" reasoning to matter. We can have improved greatly and they retreated whether we beat them or rank higher. The logic that we have to beat them to get better than them is absurd and self-defeating.

God forbid people ACTUALLY bring analysis about their own team and ACTUALLY be positive about what's there.

You and that other nut are just pissing on people just to piss. You don't even know what's on the roster. You know names, but you don't even see the skillset assembled.

Who gives a care what ignorant negative people have to say?

So piss here, or somewhere else I don't care. People are gonna laugh at your lack of manhood regardless👍.
You're delusional. I'm not even negative, you're just insane. I like Heupel, I think he'll do well, I just don't expect him to compete for the SEC championship this year. You expect him to beat one of Florida, Georgia, or Alabama, all of which are top 11 teams. That's insane, and frankly just stupid.

Keeping living in your delusions buddy. We'll see who is right. I hope we win every game, but if we don't my world won't end. I'm not sure the same can be said about you.

You seem to have missed my point.

It's been explained why UT shouldn't be considered an underdog to to UK. Your response was literally:

"We still have to beat them on the field and finish ahead of them for any of that to matter. "

And simultaneously... We beat Mizzu last year, but *that* doesn't matter.

Like I said, your analysis is all over the place. By that, I mean that your logic slants against UT in ways that it doesn't slant against our opponents as you work extremely hard to sap hope from UT fans.

It's pretty strange, actually.

And for the record, we don't have to beat anyone or finish ahead of them for "any of that" reasoning to matter. We can have improved greatly and they retreated whether we beat them or rank higher. The logic that we have to beat them to get better than them is absurd and self-defeating.
Let's make this clear, we are underdogs against Kentucky. It's at Kentucky with their 8th year head against our first year head coach with the most roster turnover in the nation. FPI gives us a 41% chance, which is slightly higher than the 40% chance of beating Missouri at Missouri.

We got worse as the season went on, and Missouri got better. That's why Missouri is ahead of us despite us beating them pretty bad. Half the team that beat them last year isn't even here at this point.

Kentucky and Missouri are ahead of us because they finished ahead of us in the standings, and because we are going to be underdogs to both of those teams this year. Your last paragraph is a wild ride, and completely nonsense. Sometimes the better team loses, sure, but somehow you think we can be a better team than them by losing to them and losing more games overall? Talk about defeatist attitude. I'm not going to sit here and be willing to accept losses and say we're better than other people. If we're better, then we should prove it on the field. Nothing matters at the end of the day other than wins and losses. No one looks at a coaches record and says "yeah, but look at how many games he could have won."

Sure, I might sap the joy or whatever of a bunch of lunatics that think we're going to go 10-2. I'm fine with that.

Let's make this clear, we are underdogs against Kentucky. It's at Kentucky with their 8th year head against our first year head coach with the most roster turnover in the nation. FPI gives us a 41% chance, which is slightly higher than the 40% chance of beating Missouri at Missouri.

We got worse as the season went on, and Missouri got better. That's why Missouri is ahead of us despite us beating them pretty bad. Half the team that beat them last year isn't even here at this point.

Kentucky and Missouri are ahead of us because they finished ahead of us in the standings, and because we are going to be underdogs to both of those teams this year. Your last paragraph is a wild ride, and completely nonsense. Sometimes the better team loses, sure, but somehow you think we can be a better team than them by losing to them and losing more games overall? Talk about defeatist attitude. I'm not going to sit here and be willing to accept losses and say we're better than other people. If we're better, then we should prove it on the field. Nothing matters at the end of the day other than wins and losses. No one looks at a coaches record and says "yeah, but look at how many games he could have won."

Sure, I might sap the joy or whatever of a bunch of lunatics that think we're going to go 10-2. I'm fine with that.
My entire post was solid logic.

Yours is completely illogical. It is basically claiming that team A can't get better than team B unless they beat team B.

It's complete BS.

I'm not saying that we are better than them, and most especially not that we are better than them because we lost to them. I'm saying that you're using slanted logic for our opponents in ways that you're not willing to slant for UT. And I'm saying that it's entirely possible that UT has gotten better than them THIS YEAR, despite what happened LAST YEAR.

Your logic seems to be ignoring any argument about what's happened in the meantime in favor of some false narrative that last year's results dictate where each team is now.

It's absurd.

If we're better, then we should prove it on the field.

I agree. You should make the same argument for our opponents, though. Yet you're ignoring arguments to claim two teams are currently better than us before they prove it on the field. A bit more absurdity.

You're actually painting fear and despair as virtues. I'm fine with you doing that as well.

Last edited:
How about this:

We all meet up at G10 prior to the season opener, and you guys can duke it out with those oversized boxing gloves, or maybe use those pugil sticks (like from American Gladiators). Seriously though, if there’s anything this thread shows, it’s that despite a whole lot of BVS, we’ve still got a lot of passionate folks out there, and that makes me happy.

Personally, I tend to lean more into the optimistic side, so maybe I’ll put my money on LittleVol. I’m just a happy and optimistic person by nature. Sure it might mean disappointment at the end of the year, but it also makes for a way better time at the pregame tailgate.

My entire post was solid logic.

Yours is completely illogical. It is basically claiming that team A can't get better than team B unless they beat team B.

It's complete BS.

I'm not saying that we are better than them, and most especially not that we are better than them because we lost to them. I'm saying that you're using slanted logic for our opponents in ways that you're not willing to slant for UT. And I'm saying that it's entirely possible that UT has gotten better than them THIS YEAR, despite what happened LAST YEAR.

Your logic seems to be ignoring any argument about what's happened in the meantime in favor of some false narrative that last year's results dictate where each team is now.

It's absurd.

I agree. You should make the same argument for our opponents, though. Yet you're ignoring arguments to claim two teams are currently better than us before they prove it on the field. A bit more absurdity.

You're actually painting fear and despair as virtues. I'm fine with you doing that as well.
I think you just have trouble reading.

How else can you say a team is ahead or behind someone other than last year's results? What does that even mean? You want to use this year's results? I'm not saying anything that experts aren't saying. We're pretty consistently picked 5th in any preseason poll.

How is it slanted in their favor? That they finished ahead of us? Finished ahead of USCe, and we beat them, therefore we are ahead of them. We finished ahead of Vandy and beat them, therefore we are ahead of them. We will be favored in both of those games. Kentucky beat the crap out of us, finished ahead of us, and will be favored against us. They are ahead of us. We beat Missouri early in the season, they improved, we fell apart, they finished ahead of us, and will be favored against us this year, so they are ahead of us. Stop me where that doesn't make sense.

It's not completely about beating teams, though it certainly matters a lot, it is the defacto tiebreaker. The other aspect is the big picture. We fired our coach and lost the most players of anyone in the nation to the portal and had 2 more rotation players retire. Missouri also had a lot of turnover, but are in the second year of their coach that did a pretty good job in year one. They also finished the season with a better record than us. That's the bigger picture.

If we upset Georgia or Alabama this year but they still win 3-4 more games than us, then we didn't somehow jump them, just like us beating Missouri doesn't automatically put us ahead of them. That's the bigger picture.

I'll use the same logic at the end of the year. If we lose to Kentucky but finish far better in the standings, then we'll probably be ahead of them.

I've also never said we can't or won't improve, or haven't improved already. You (but mainly LittleVol) just assumed that. We certainly have a good chance against both of those teams. At home we might beat either or both. And just because they are ahead of us now, doesn't mean they will be by the end of the season. No one would've argued that either of those team were ahead of us before last year, and look were we are now.

I think you just have trouble reading.

How else can you say a team is ahead or behind someone other than last year's results? What does that even mean? You want to use this year's results? I'm not saying anything that experts aren't saying. We're pretty consistently picked 5th in any preseason poll.

How is it slanted in their favor? That they finished ahead of us? Finished ahead of USCe, and we beat them, therefore we are ahead of them. We finished ahead of Vandy and beat them, therefore we are ahead of them. We will be favored in both of those games. Kentucky beat the crap out of us, finished ahead of us, and will be favored against us. They are ahead of us. We beat Missouri early in the season, they improved, we fell apart, they finished ahead of us, and will be favored against us this year, so they are ahead of us. Stop me where that doesn't make sense.

It's not completely about beating teams, though it certainly matters a lot, it is the defacto tiebreaker. The other aspect is the big picture. We fired our coach and lost the most players of anyone in the nation to the portal and had 2 more rotation players retire. Missouri also had a lot of turnover, but are in the second year of their coach that did a pretty good job in year one. They also finished the season with a better record than us. That's the bigger picture.

If we upset Georgia or Alabama this year but they still win 3-4 more games than us, then we didn't somehow jump them, just like us beating Missouri doesn't automatically put us ahead of them. That's the bigger picture.

I'll use the same logic at the end of the year. If we lose to Kentucky but finish far better in the standings, then we'll probably be ahead of them.

I've also never said we can't or won't improve, or haven't improved already. You (but mainly LittleVol) just assumed that. We certainly have a good chance against both of those teams. At home we might beat either or both. And just because they are ahead of us now, doesn't mean they will be by the end of the season. No one would've argued that either of those team were ahead of us before last year, and look were we are now.

I believe you've ignored arguments per the bold. One of the least capable ways of judging is last year's performance, considering how (and I repeat...) these aren't LAST YEARS' teams.

Hell if your logic held, ending rankings from last year would be the beginning rankings of the next year. But analysis goes into a current year's teams to rank them.

Good day.

What in the absolute F would make anyone believe this is a 9 win team? Seriously I love the Vols but rationally if we win 6 games I’ll be beyond impressed.

What in the absolute F would make anyone believe this is a 9 win team? Seriously I love the Vols but rationally if we win 6 games I’ll be beyond impressed.
I think one overlooked factor is that other schools lose key players, too, though of course we lost plenty thru the portal. But others lose them to injuries, or they just up and leave, like Gilbert and others at Georgia, or Prunty at SC.

And some of our opponents have new coaches also. Let's tee it up and see what happens.

I like the optimism. But we gotta pump the brakes. Saying that we’re so talented at qb because we have a 5 star who may not even start is ridiculous. We don’t know much about any of the qbs at this point, other than Maurer being inconsistent and Bailey struggling to read coverages fast enough. Milton and Hooker are both big question marks. Let’s not pretend that the team isnt having to learn a whole new system, on top of losing 26 players to the portal.

I think you hit on the biggest question mark of them all: new system. I'm hopeful that the QBs pick it up quickly and that the coaches know how to call to the QBs strengths. D-Line, if they perform well should help our LBs and secondary much more than last year.

You're looking at the UK roster and the UT roster... considering their QB option vs UT's options... what they lost vs what UT loss and predicting a likely loss then lecturing people about being "rational"?

UK lost the biggest chunk of the core of their team. There is a romantic myth that Mizzou became a good team after finding Bazelak (who is a good QB). They didn't. In fact, a 4-7 MSU team that was beaten convincingly by UK also and barely beat Tulsa took Mizzou to the woodshed in the last game of the regular season.

The FACT that UT has been very poorly coached for the last 3 years doesn't make those teams better than they are.

VN Store

Back